Commonwealth Bank Series

Clark doesn't have enough variations. It's getting a mute point, but he can be lined up. Sure he'll take wickets as batsmen make mistakes and the odd pitch might help, but a world class attacking batsman could do the damage in my view. He went for a few in South Africa which backs this up really.

McMillan with a Mike Hussey moment. :D

At least Hussey one was close, that was as obvious as they come.
Clark has variations think back to the Adelaide test, he was producing cutters and slower balls.

McMillan is proving my point. Let's see what Clark has then.

Obvious to you by the way, the other one was just as obvious.

Clark gets hit over the top again for 6 by McMillian
I've seen Clark get whacked around before. I remember in the DLF cup where he went for 87 off 7 overs at an ecomony rate of almost 13 by Gayle and Lara.

Getting injured before that Champions Trophy was probably a blessing in disguise for Clark.

Last edited:
MUFC1987 said:
McMillan is proving my point. Let's see what Clark has then.

Obvious to you by the way, the other one was just as obvious.

It was a faint one, the Nine team had to use sniko to confirm it. The McMillian one clearly was more obvious you just have to compare the sniko.

aussie1st said:
It was a faint one, the Nine team had to use sniko to confirm it. The McMillian one clearly was more obvious or they would have used snkio.
I think it's a bit much trying to feel sorry for yourself about it.

MUFC1987 said:
I think it's a bit much trying to feel sorry for yourself about it.

Meh doesn't bother me just proving my point that it was more obvious. All it means is I get to see more of our batters.

Clark gets another short one in and a simple edge to Hayden. Clark is really starting to work the wickets. Johnson going to be under more pressure.

That was a much better wicket for Clark, think it was the leg cutter that got the edge. Johnson is also under pressure from Tait and Hilfy, really needs a good spell the next game he gets.

Meh, just keep Clark out of the WC Squad & keep him in the Test side for now and I'll be happy.
Johnson, Hilfy & Tait are better ODI options.

Do we need a sweepstake on which bowler just got hit for six or not?

Clark needs to get some brains from McGrath not often you seem him getting smashed time and time again.
Not a bad partnership this, they are building up very nicely and hitting some good boundaries.

Clark is crap in ODI's, we gifted him 2 wickets. He's expensive. The third of his was good, but because of our situation there was still a slip.

People not watching may not realise this. But early on, the pitch was very fast and bouncy, far from a batting paradise. Lee bowled fantasticly well. Marshall got an absolute beauty. You don;t see many better then that in ODI's.

And now we have to cope with a ridiculous green line of grass right on the perfect line. How they can put that there I don't know. Poor pitch making for that to happen. It's caused problems.

But even so, our batting has still been a disgrace. McMillan is lucky to be out there. That was the second most disgusting umpiring decision I have ever seen, behind the Strauss one. That Paskistan guy can't umpire for crap. Get him off any panel. He's freaking blind.

The pitch is much easier now. But the damage has been done and without Bond, Aussies should win easy. I just hope we can post 200. McMillan is making full use of his let off.

McCullum out. Ball pitched right on the green strip.

A bit unlucky there, Pakistani umpire strikes again. Most batsmen would of been given the benefit of the doubt but hawkeye says it hits so fair enough. 50/50 one though. Infact it hit him outside the line. He can't be given out. Useless prick of an umpire he is.

irottev said:
But even so, our batting has still been a disgrace. McMillan is lucky to be out there. That was the second most disgusting umpiring decision I have ever seen, behind the Strauss one. That Paskistan guy can't umpire for crap. Get him off any panel. He's freaking blind.
I agree, I think I saw him umpiring in one of the South Africa/India matches and he was pathetic.

Users who are viewing this thread