Commonwealth Bank Series

Lol Clark picks up another one, still hasn't got my confidence but I'm sure hes booked his place knowing our selectors.

Vettori just looks a bit clueless in ODI's, as though he doesn't know what he should do. I'd be getting Franklin in ahead of him, so that when Vettori does get in, he knows he needs to hang around, gives Franklin a chance to express himself as well, before worrying about how few wickets NZ have in the bag.

aussie1st said:
Lol Clark picks up another one, still hasn't got my confidence but I'm sure hes booked his place knowing our selectors.
Well if he continues to pick wickets than I dont think you would mind anyways. He has more experience than Hilfenhaus and Johnson. (i think)

Technique wise Franklin would be better than Vettori I would say, although Vettori usually does a good job at 8 especially when his team is in trouble like they are today.

Bad luck for Franklin that was a good pull shot he hit but there was a man there.
This has been a real good knock from McMillan only 11 runs from his 100 and that was an awesome 6 off Lee.

McMillan's been conned by a chest high ball, which is dangerous to boot. Beamer alert.

Another shocker by the umpires how could they not have picked that. Too bad that McMillan was looking good could have got them to 250 which wasn't look likely before.

m_vaughan said:
Well if he continues to pick wickets than I dont think you would mind anyways. He has more experience than Hilfenhaus and Johnson. (i think)

Only slightly more experienced in the ODI arena but if hes more consistent then no problem but like Hogg still won't be confident when hes at the crease.

Tail-enders are great fun to watch though. Decent score this when they'll be bowling under lights.

wfdu_ben91 said:
Am I correct in saying that that was Asad Rauf's fault... again?
To be fair, it looked pretty blatant from either angle, so I'd say both have some blame.

A decision which has costed Australia 88 runs.

These tail-enders aren't so bad, they swing it and it seems to hit the middle.

MUFC1987 said:
Tail-enders are great fun to watch though. Decent score this when they'll be bowling under lights.

To be fair, it looked pretty blatant from either angle, so I'd say both have some blame.

Indeed they are the tailender forgot about the sidescreen :)

Yea I agree both umpires are to be blamed there. It was actually Tufel who made that mistake.

Asad Rauf can go eat a you know what. He has no future in cricket umpiring, and the ICC better sack him tonight. If they fired Darrell Hair, they have to sack him.

Users who are viewing this thread