Commonwealth Bank Series

I always blame the umpire :laugh ever since they started relying on the 3rd upmire. Either be fully independant in thier desicion making, or replace em with robots lol

IloveGilly said:
Stuart Clark isn't at his best and still managed to pick up 4 wickets. Simple too much people are judging him based on his past ODI form and now owns the reputation of not being an ODI player.

His ODI career experience is still young, who said he'll perform in every match? There is a turning point for every player in their career.

I don't see why hes not at his best. Hes in the form of his life in the Test arena so surely that form will carry over to the ODI arena which it has just the batsmen have taken to him unlike in the test arena.

John Adams said:
I always blame the umpire :laugh ever since they started relying on the 3rd upmire. Either be fully independant in thier desicion making, or replace em with robots lol
Whereever possible, use technology.

But in the end even with the wrong decisions of the umpire it all cancels out in the end. How many times will I have to say that??

Are yoy trying to tell me the Kiwiz never get the advantage of umpiring decisons?

All teams do one time or another. I just wish it was more presice. Not the low standard we see at times. Just a small wish of mine. Though I know it's impossible sadly..

m_vaughan said:
Whereever possible, use technology.

I actually like what tennis has done by giving players 2 challenges each set. Maybe they could do something similar with cricket.

IloveGilly said:
Stuart Clark isn't at his best and still managed to pick up 4 wickets. Simple too much people are judging him based on his past ODI form and now owns the reputation of not being an ODI player.

His ODI career experience is still young, who said he'll perform in every match? There is a turning point for every player in their career.
When has he been at his best in a ODI then? Because he acchieved his best bowling figures today.
In every match in this series his been going at 5 an over even when Australia are thrashing down their opposition and then his picking up wickets from the tailenders or from batsman who've thrown their innings away.
Not to mention his been destroyed by natural accomplished aggressive batsman in his ODI career aswell.

aussie1st said:
I actually like what tennis has done by giving players 2 challenges each set. Maybe they could do something similar with cricket.
Yes although Tennis is shorter, with more breaks and pauses. Cricket already is a really long game and challenging anything and everything could just take more time.

Having said that I welcome this in the Aussie Open.

aussie1st said:
I don't see why hes not at his best. Hes in the form of his life in the Test arena so surely that form will carry over to the ODI arena which it has just the batsmen have taken to him unlike in the test arena.

Could just be hard for Clark to adapt the Test game into the ODI.

These selections could just be some experimental changes from the selectors while at the same time trying to maintain the best possible team.

Well, Gilchrist falls victim to the swinging wide one.

Oh no Gilly out cheaply again :( Could have left that and it would have been a wide, think thats why he was unhappy with that. Hayden better not get out stupidly again.

Gilly out to a very wide ball. Woulda been called a wide. Unlucky, but to Franklins credit, it swung and he pitched it up.

Hmmm what on earth, Clarke at 3? Ponting has already had a rest why would he do this.

m_vaughan said:
Yes although Tennis is shorter, with more breaks and pauses. Cricket already is a really long game and challenging anything and everything could just take more time.

Having said that I welcome this in the Aussie Open.

Well you could force the team to finish on time or they lose runs like we had before. That way they will only challenge calls that they definitely feel is out and there isn't the usual labouring about.

Gilchrist gone.
Hayden better stand up and be counted today because even though his my favourite player, I'm beginning to lose faith that he can still be as good as he has been.
Michael Clarke in?! What are they doing? This won't be the easiest run chase of all time.

OMG Hayden out cheaply again. That looked very similar to some of his dismals during the Ashes in England. Still can't believe the commentators were saying before this inns that he was penciled in the WC squad.

Users who are viewing this thread