Commonwealth Bank Series

wfdu_ben91 said:
When has he been at his best in a ODI then? Because he acchieved his best bowling figures today.
In every match in this series his been going at 5 an over even when Australia are thrashing down their opposition and then his picking up wickets from the tailenders or from batsman who've thrown their innings away.
Not to mention his been destroyed by natural accomplished aggressive batsman in his ODI career aswell.

You summarised my point right there.

He's been selected for his continuous form in the domestic game. Who said it was easy for him or any other bowler to adapt to the international One Day game? McGrath in his second series averaged 62+. Was it easy for McGrath? I think not, yet the selectors still believed in him and look where he is now? World Class bowler.

Do you think that he intends to pick up wickets like that? I think not. He bowls the ball in the right place and causes them to mistime and gets a wicket. He could always just bowl it out wide and hope for a wicket but he bowled it in the right spot and that's what caused the 2 mistimed balls.

You know what? I can say this about Hayden. He hasn't been performing at all has he? He has about 1-2 more matches to prove himself or it looks like Clarke, Hussey, Cosgrove or Watson will return into that opening scene. Why isn't anyone judging Hayden right now?

Clarke at 3 ........ hmmmm Experiment started by Coach .Lets see whats results will come up . Hpe for the best :upray

IloveGilly said:
You know what? I can say this about Hayden. He hasn't been performing at all has he? He has about 1-2 more matches to prove himself or it looks like Clarke, Hussey, Cosgrove or Watson will return into that opening scene. Why isn't anyone judging Hayden right now?

I just did in my previous post :)
He like Clark are still not certainties. Clark has got wickets so hes making it hard not to take him while Hayden just keeps getting low scores. Time for a new opener as we aren't getting enough from Hayden.

IloveGilly said:
You summarised my point right there.

He's been selected for his continuous form in the domestic game. Who said it was easy for him or any other bowler to adapt to the international One Day game? McGrath in his second series averaged 62+. Was it easy for McGrath? I think not, yet the selectors still believed in him and look where he is now? World Class bowler.

Do you think that he intends to pick up wickets like that? I think not. He bowls the ball in the right place and causes them to mistime and gets a wicket. He could always just bowl it out wide and hope for a wicket but he bowled it in the right spot and that's what caused the 2 mistimed balls.

You know what? I can say this about Hayden. He hasn't been performing at all has he? He has about 1-2 more matches to prove himself or it looks like Clarke, Hussey or Watson will return into that opening scene. Why isn't anyone judging Hayden right now?
Hayden's a proven & accomplished player and has averaged well throughout his OD career. Whereas you can't say the same for Clark.

aussie1st said:
I just did in my previous post :)
He like Clark are still not certainties. Clark has got wickets so hes making it hard not to take him while Hayden just keeps getting low scores. Time for a new opener as we aren't getting enough from Hayden.

After the talk this morning, they were probably hinting a Watson return. He's going to need some games under his belt though.

wfdu_ben91 said:
Hayden's a proven & accomplished player and has averaged well throughout his OD career. Whereas you can't say the same for Clark.

Proven? He has come back from being dropped and made a 28(42), 27(39), 19(37) and 0(10).

Clark has come into the series under pressure as well as Hayden. You might want to revise who Clark has got out before you start making comments about him getting cheap wickets and wickets from tailenders.

http://statserver.cricket.org/guru?...edhigh=;csearch=;submit=1;.cgifields=viewtype

Skimming through the list I'd say there are only a few of them that would be classed as a non-batsman.

They won't risk Watson too early, last thing we need is him breaking down again and us losing our all rounder. Hes only just come back into grade cricket so hes a way off still.
Maybe they could take a punt on Jaques or maybe see if Hopes can be a hit as his OD form is good enough.

aussie1st said:
They won't risk Watson too early, last thing we need is him breaking down again and us losing our all rounder. Hes only just come back into grade cricket so hes a way off still.
Maybe they could take a punt on Jaques or maybe see if Hopes can be a hit as his OD form is good enough.

They certainly need to make a decision soon. What is it? 3 ODI's in NZ after this one and then it's off to the World Cup in March? Jaques would probably be the better option but Watson might struggle to find an international game before the WC.

Ponting gone at 3/17. This is turning into a Friday night replay for Australia.

Another shocking umpiring call :(
Big wicket for NZ there, our batting lineup seems to have fallen apart after the rotation of Hodge.

IloveGilly said:
They certainly need to make a decision soon. What is it? 3 ODI's in NZ after this one and then it's off to the World Cup in March? Jaques would probably be the better option but Watson might struggle to find an international game before the WC.

Ponting gone at 3/17. This is turning into a Friday night replay for Australia.

Rest of this series and those 3 games. Watson was meant to be back around the final series so he should be fine for the NZ series.

IloveGilly said:
Proven? He has come back from being dropped and made a 28(42), 27(39), 19(37) and 0(10).

Clark has come into the series under pressure as well as Hayden. You might want to revise who Clark has got out before you start making comments about him getting cheap wickets and wickets from tailenders.

http://statserver.cricket.org/guru?...edhigh=;csearch=;submit=1;.cgifields=viewtype

Skimming through the list I'd say there are only a few of them that would be classed as a non-batsman.
Proven as in his been averaging in the 40s most of his OD career? Only acouple of those on that victom's list of Stuart Clark have done that at one point or another. Hell, I bet if you checked their acumulative batting averages then none of them would've averaged in the 40s for as long and consistantly as Hayden did apart from Pietersen.

what happened with our players tonight :( every one is comin and going. :mad:

aussie1st said:
Another shocking umpiring call :(
Big wicket for NZ there, our batting lineup seems to have fallen apart after the rotation of Hodge.

Rest of this series and those 3 games. Watson was meant to be back around the final series so he should be fine for the NZ series.

Big chance for Clarke to get a century. He's made a lot in the 50 zone in the past year. Symonds could probably make one too.

A plus side to the long CB series! Hopefully he gets his to perform in one of those games.

wfdu_ben91 said:
Proven as in his been averaging in the 40s most of his OD career? Only acouple of those on that victom's list of Stuart Clark have done that at one point or another. Hell, I bet if you checked their acumulative batting averages then none of them would've averaged in the 40s for as long and consistantly as Hayden did apart from Pietersen.

The point is we are talking current form. He got dropped because of a low run of scores and he comes back making a low amount of scores. If you want to talk past form lets bring Bevan back!

Fact is WC is edging closer and Hayden isn't performing.

Well to be fair to Hayden, he made 2 half-centuries and then got dropped again after the DLF cup. Probably would've gone on if Martyn didn't run him out either.

IloveGilly said:
Big chance for Clarke to get a century. He's made a lot in the 50 zone in the past year. Symonds could probably make one too.

What more these two have had some decent partnerships together none more so than one a few years ago with Clarke coming in at 6 and us in trouble, these two produced an amazing partnership scoring at a decent rate which took us to a decent score.

wfdu_ben91 said:
Well to be fair to Hayden, he made 2 half-centuries and then got dropped again after the DLF cup. Probably would've gone on if Martyn didn't run him out either.

Well if I put it like this it doesn't sound very convincing. From this match onwards Haydens last 27 innings has resulted in 1 century and 3 half-centuries.

aussie1st said:
What more these two have had some decent partnerships together none more so than one a few years ago with Clarke coming in at 6 and us in trouble, these two produced an amazing partnership scoring at a decent rate which took us to a decent score.

That's true. Wonder if theres anyway to find total amount of runs and averages in partnerships. Clarke and Symonds would be pretty high.

Users who are viewing this thread