Commonwealth Bank Series

IloveGilly said:
Well if I put it like this it doesn't sound very convincing. From this match onwards Haydens last 27 innings has resulted in 1 century and 3 half-centuries
But in his last 6 innings his made a half-century & a 49?
And Ponting's last 10 innings his been averaging under 25? Quick let's drop him and see if Hodge can seal the deal this time.

wfdu_ben91 said:
But in his last 6 innings his made a half-century & a 49?
And Ponting's last 10 innings his been averaging under 25? Quick let's drop him and see if Hodge can seal the deal this time.

Selectors aren't too worried about averages. It's the big scores. Last 10 innings produced 2 58's and a reasonable 82* at the beginning of the series.

Clarke getting a stroke of luck like McMillan and Hussey! Symonds is showing his class now.

IloveGilly said:
Selectors aren't too worried about averages. It's the big scores. Last 10 innings produced 2 58's and a reasonable 82* at the beginning of the series.

Clarke getting a stroke of luck like McMillan and Hussey! Symonds is showing his class now.
And as I said Hayden's last 6 innings his basically made 2 half-centuries. Atleast Hayden's shown promise in the other innings which he hasn't made runs. Ponting either makes 50 odd or gets a score of under 10.
He just needs some luck like Clarke just got and he'll probably capatailize on it.

wfdu_ben91 said:
And as I said Hayden's last 6 innings his basically made 2 half-centuries. Atleast Hayden's shown promise in the other innings which he hasn't made runs. Ponting either makes 50 odd or gets a score of under 10.
He just needs some luck like Clarke just got and he'll probably capatailize on it.

But Ponting isn't the one that looks like he'll be replaced by anyone. Hayden on the other hand has maybe 7 other players that are waiting for a chance to open in the WC.

We can't keep waiting for Hayden to get some luck, if you're good enough you can make your own luck. The selectors have dropped Katich who had a number of 50s and did nothing wrong apart from scoring slowly. So 50s aren't enough to secure your spot you need that 100.

aussie1st said:
We can't keep waiting for Hayden to get some luck, if you're good enough you can make your own luck. The selectors have dropped Katich who had a number of 50s and did nothing wrong apart from scoring slowly. So 50s aren't enough to secure your spot you need that 100.
Katich had a whole year to prove himself. Hayden's had what? Several innings.

Last thing Australia needed when they had the momentum! :( Why do you cut Symonds!

At least Hussey's in now and hopefully White near the end.

wfdu_ben91 said:

It's the World Cup, there's only about 7-8 people that have secured there spot.

wfdu_ben91 said:

He did prove himself, was the highest run scorer for Australia before the Champions trophy.
Hayden is trying to cement his spot for the WC we don't have a whole year to wait for him to do it.

Vettori gets his bunny this time round, over to Hussey again.

aussie1st said:
He did prove himself, was the highest run scorer for Australia before the Champions trophy.
Hayden is trying to cement his spot for the WC we don't have a whole year to wait for him to do it.

Vettori gets his bunny this time round, over to Hussey again.
Yeah but we have the rest of the series & the Chapple-Hadlee trophy series aswell. Logically, who in domestic cricket is going to replace Hayden? Jaques hasn't performed in domestic but Hayden has.
By all rights, Hayden found some form but was immediately shafted from the side. After that, he deserves atleast another chance or two.

North is up there with the leading run scores in the FRC. Of course you can move Clarke back to open the inns and bring in someone like Voges or even Haddin.

aussie1st said:
North is up there with the leading run scores in the FRC. Of course you can move Clarke back to open the inns and bring in someone like Voges or even Haddin.

I think Haddin Will be a good choice. :) He proved himself In DLF Cup Malaysia :clap

wfdu_ben91 said:
Meh, hopefully we bat first in the next day-night match. I hate always having to watch Australia bat last all of the time.

That Depends Upon The Coin And Skipper :p

Last edited:
Wow wow wow, absolute mix up there Clarke should have run that they probably would have made it. But the Kiwis stuff it up getting it in then Vettori stuffs it up. Amazing sequence of play. How Hussey made it back I'll never know.

Users who are viewing this thread