Commonwealth Bank Series

Ah well, decent job by McMillan and co to get that many. Could be in for a good game in my view. Just depends how Australia do against the opening bowlers.

Without Bond and Patel, our best 2 bowlers so far, Aussies will coast home. At least we put 200 on the board and didn't totally fold once we were 4/70 or whatever it was.

irottev said:
Without Bond and Patel, our best 2 bowlers so far, Aussies will coast home.
I wouldn't worry just yet, if Jon Lewis can take 4 wickets.....

Not much to write home about with the NZ opening bowlers without Bond and Mills. Franklin might go ok if he gets it right although both openers will be going after him.

I think people are starting to overdo the Clark factor. He picked up 4 wickets and thats what matters. Especially when he got Fleming, Taylor and Fulton who can all make big scores. The fact is he has performed better than Johnson and thats what will most likely give him a chance to prove himself again in the next couple of matches.

Craig MCmillan Once again Played a vital role in the NZ innings after a long time. That was OUT but the umpire didnt care about it :mad ,things could hve been worse then :boxing

Clark went for 5 an over on a pitch which was suppose to favour all of our bowlers when the rest went for 2 or 3 an over.
Johnson's more consistant & economical and he picks up acouple of wickets per match anyway.
If you wanted someone to take 4 wickets for 50 then go at Tait because he'll cause the same problems Lee was causing early on.

You have the umpire to thank that this will end up being at least a half decent score to try chase. We have the umpire to blame for us not getting perhaps 30 extra runs. You never know how much he could have got. Coulda been out next ball in the deep or smacked 2 sixes in a row. Never know with cricket. ;)

wfdu_ben91 said:
Clark went for 5 an over on a pitch which was suppose to favour all of our bowlers when the rest went for 2 or 3 an over.
Johnson's more consistant & economical and he picks up acouple of wickets per match anyway.
If you wanted someone to take 4 wickets for 50 then go at Tait because he'll cause the same problems Lee was causing early on.

Yea I agree plus usually if Tait has a good day it's 4/20 not 4/54. His last FRC obviously was similar to Clark's figures but Tait was only just coming back from injury.

irottev said:
You have the umpire to thank that this will end up being at least a half decent score to try chase. We have the umpire to blame for us not getting perhaps 30 extra runs. You never know how much he could have got. Coulda been out next ball in the deep or smacked 2 sixes in a row. Never know with cricket. ;)

If that means more time to see our batters then guess we've have to take it for now :) I wonder what McMillan would have got in the end, a 240 score would have been decent enough on this pitch.

If it's Tait then it'll be more then 4 wickets he gets ;)
Plus he is the sorta guy who won't get a wicket cheaply by a batsman trying to increase the run-rate but someone who'll rip through ones defences.
If Clark plays in the WC over Hilfy, Tait or Johnson then I'll be as equally pissed off as irottev is at Asad Rauf's umpiring.

Blaming the umpire wont help anything. New Zealand need to look at England's performance in the previous game and believe they can pick up early wickets and put the Aussies under pressure. Its a defendable score imo.

I can understand when umpires make the odd mistake where its obvious that it was a hard call to make. but when they make bad calls to obvious edges, obvious beamers, obvious LBW's etc. there is no excuse for it. They just arn't good enough. The other umpires do a great job overall. This guy is letting the standard down. He must be destroyed.

Stuart Clark isn't at his best and still managed to pick up 4 wickets. Simple too much people are judging him based on his past ODI form and now owns the reputation of not being an ODI player.

His ODI career experience is still young, who said he'll perform in every match? There is a turning point for every player in their career.

Users who are viewing this thread