comparing the education system of india & usa

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
It certainly hasn't been copied very well. Our system doesn't rely on being able to recite facts en masse in exams. You have to be more than a regurgitater of facts as you need to be able to show personality and have character about you to succeed.

My school isn't really like this tbh. I go to a school which really prides itself in being one of the best schools in Leeds, and even Yorkshire. But the thing is, most people get a good grade at GCSE's from revising from textbooks, but when it comes to actually having knowledge they seem to be lacking. What I'm trying to say is, is that most students at my school would struggle in the real world.

It's like what my Physics teacher says. The school's way is to be told what to do, told what to learn, told how to do things. Students aren't made to think about the answers, use their brain to figure what to do - and it gets really apparent at A level when they do have to think about it.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
most people get a good grade at GCSE's from revising from textbooks

I was more in reference to As Levels and A levels (and above) but in my school there was an emphasis on "Citizenship" and "Personal Studies" which was basically meant to encourage personal skills like debating within groups.

ella7

School Cricketer
When you made the decision to send your child to a private school you will find that there are many to choose from. A day school is also sometimes referred to as a country day school. They are also private.
sd school Chandigarh

Users who are viewing this thread