Complete Linked / Skilled/Attributed teams **DOWNLOAD STEPS INCLUDED** - check 1st post for list

Online, via the Academy. Technically this thread is online... Unless you're browsing using the power of unicorns?

This is a long thread and this has probably already been covered so apologies in advance, but all I've done really so far in terms of modifying the teams is applying the 'Get Best' feature which to be honest I'm quite happy with the results of but I have a couple of questions.

Does this actually get the best teams? Are the ones at the top in the game the ones that are the most accurate? Would you recommend that I redo it manually and make sure I get specific ones?

By downloading extra teams that aren't in the game, and putting together additional domestic setups, can these be used in career mode?

This is a long thread and this has probably already been covered so apologies in advance, but all I've done really so far in terms of modifying the teams is applying the 'Get Best' feature which to be honest I'm quite happy with the results of but I have a couple of questions.

Does this actually get the best teams? Are the ones at the top in the game the ones that are the most accurate? Would you recommend that I redo it manually and make sure I get specific ones?

By downloading extra teams that aren't in the game, and putting together additional domestic setups, can these be used in career mode?

"Get Best" gets the top rated sides from the DBC/CA server, i.e. which have been rated the highest and may not be the most accurate. For getting the most accurate teams follow these steps :-

1. Use the "Get Best" feature to get the best teams.
2. Check out the downloaded teams and see which ones you are not happy with.
3. Go to DBC Academy and search for the teams you aren't happy with. Use the teams created by the users mentioned in this thread's OP.
4. Download the teams from the user whose teams you deem best, and maybe get all the teams created by that user.

Edit: Rating the best teams is extremely subjective and not an exact science so you will have to figure out the users whose teams are closest to your ratings.

also, bear in mind the OP has A LOT of teams that you won't get on get best because they are not teams that are on the disc, but they have additional country domestic teams, additional all time teams (not every country covered on disc), domestic all time teams, south africa rebel tour teams, World Series Cricket teams etc.

so as well as the get best and tweaking, you probably also want to see what other teams you want to add.

Would still like have a subscription sort of thing. If you "subscribe" to a creator, the game automatically downloads all of their teams/players (avoiding doing it one by one), and if they release any more/update, they can be indicated in game @BigAntStudios

Last edited:
Finally got around to further updating the OP, added a few creators and teams especially Pakistani domestic teams from sunnybunny and Bangladeshi domestic teams from kevinpp24

Thanks again to all creators for their hard work. Apologies for the delays in getting them in the OP.

If you think i have missed your teams or you have created any teams and want them in the OP here, please just drop me a PM.

----------

sorry if this has already been answered,

If i download a team that has linked players, should i replace the stats ? i leave the default Bigant stats?

Thanks

Never overwrite stats, would be my suggestion.

----------

Not that it matters yet, because I can't play anything until next Thursday, but does anybody plan on doing anything from the other subcontinent test nations? (Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka) Thanks!

Hi mate, there are pakistani and bangladeshi domestic teams which i have added to the OP today (should have done it ages ago just not got round to it). At present nobody has asked me to add any Sri Lankan domestic teams though that doesn't mean they're not lurking on the server somewhere! Worth having a look i guess.

I downloaded the Western Province 1982 team and that was awesome. It would be brilliant if somebody can recreate the the rest of the 1982 provinces as the 80s was really a golden era of South African domestic cricket. Eastern Province, Transvaal and Natal had great teams with a lot of big name players. As I was 4 in 1982 it was only the start of me watching cricket and that made me a fanatic.

I downloaded the Western Province 1982 team and that was awesome. It would be brilliant if somebody can recreate the the rest of the 1982 provinces as the 80s was really a golden era of South African domestic cricket. Eastern Province, Transvaal and Natal had great teams with a lot of big name players. As I was 4 in 1982 it was only the start of me watching cricket and that made me a fanatic.

thanks. i did the 82 side as they played the England Rebel team in one of the warm up games that year. i might have a look at doing some more too... i'll certainly be doing other years' sides that played the touring sides during the 80s when i get to those - i'm currently playing the 82 england tour and will be facing WP shortly!

you might be interested in looking at the SA Colts 1982 and the South Africa XI sides i put together as well. (and apologies in advance for the "goat" logo on those - no old SA flag or proper springbok to use!)

Thanks Dave. I have actually downloaded those 2 teams as well as I download every new team that is available. I am also going to start a rebel tour tonight as the 7th year of my career is frustrating the he'll out of Me! I finally found the filters so it will feel authentic.

----------

Sorry Dave. Where do you source your team information from? I am really struggling to get team info and photos of the 1990s players.

Thanks Dave. I have actually downloaded those 2 teams as well as I download every new team that is available. I am also going to start a rebel tour tonight as the 7th year of my career is frustrating the he'll out of Me! I finally found the filters so it will feel authentic.

----------

Sorry Dave. Where do you source your team information from? I am really struggling to get team info and photos of the 1990s players.

well i got scorecards from cricinfo to give me the team listing, and used the cricinfo stats. if there was a photo i generally made a semi-effort to get them sort of similar but where there was no photo i just randomised.

tbh i was playing yesterday and the Colts really need their age toning down, all about 24 and look 64!

retro filters look beautiful. it's also worth creating some custom match-types, to e.g. remove BARS, remove stump sponsors etc. and increase the retro feel.

I just got all of the 1982 and 1988 South African team lists from cricket archive. I will see if I get time to make some teams. The Benson & Hedges uniform I am struggling to remember and I can't seem to find pictures. I know WP is royal blue, Transvaal- yellow, Natal- green, Northern Transvaal- light blue, Eastern Province- red,Freestate- orange, Impalas- maroon. Can you or anybody maybe help in this regard?

Users who are viewing this thread