Cons of Brian Lara Cricket

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
While many here are eagerly looking forward to BLC, I thought it would be good idea if we write all the negatives of Brian Lara Cricket in this thread. I shall start:

1) Cricketers will not, i repeat WILL NOT HAVE REAL NAMES. I know some may argue looking at the screenshots, but rubbergenius and Gamer tv have shown that the cricketers will not have real names. The names will look like R Drauvad, G Macgrith, S Hermisson etc. However, you might be able to edit the names.
2)This game features cartoon style graphics- very childish. EA however looks more realistic. Again this is arguable.
3)No advance shot. Enough has been discussed about this. A big feature of cricket missing.

i think codemasters couldnt get the license for the crickters names

I like the graphics. i don't really like realism too much...it gets freaky...

straw said:
So why are the names in screenshots real?

codemasters probably edited the names just for screenshots so gamers would still bee keen and intrested in it

jazz said:
codemasters probably edited the names just for screenshots so gamers would still bee keen and intrested in it
That's cheating, could customers sue them? The players look like characters from the Simpsons. The game is too colourful!

Couple of more points- What is Wasim Akram doing? He retired after WC 2003. Also the batsmen don't move until the last minute.

Wasim Akram is there because he played in the 2003 World Cup.

Also, if they have the official licenses, than that includes the rights to the players likenesses (including names) for the tournaments concerned.

andrew_nixon said:
Also, if they have the official licenses, than that includes the rights to the players likenesses (including names) for the tournaments concerned.
I thought they didn't have the official liscences and EA had them. Also, The ball seems to go at t6he same speed for every bowler.
e.g spinner and fast

jazz said:

I don't think they will do such thing..

I think the gamer tv was an early version pre Feb 15 as they had the ICC deal on Feb 15, I ma sure they have the ICC license now.

Adarsh said:
I thought they didn't have the official liscences and EA had them.
EA has official licenses from the cricket boards of England, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.

Codies have official licenses from the ICC.

Adarsh said:
1) Cricketers will not, i repeat WILL NOT HAVE REAL NAMES. I know some may argue looking at the screenshots, but rubbergenius and Gamer tv have shown that the cricketers will not have real names.

Are you saying that Rubbergenius has confirmed that real names will not for players ? I do not see anywhere in the codemasters forum where Rubbergenius has said that players will not have accurate names. Could you please post a link ?

I would really be very surprised if players did not have accurate names.

Adarsh said:
I thought they didn't have the official liscences and EA had them. Also, The ball seems to go at t6he same speed for every bowler.
e.g spinner and fast

Why quote my post in the other thread?

Sorry, It was more convienient. I thought I would put all the bad points about BLC in this thread.

I have forgotten the link now. But trust me there are not going to be any real names

Users who are viewing this thread