Cons of Brian Lara Cricket

ZoraxDoom said:
i don't really like realism too much...it gets freaky...

you need a rep for this.. realism has some boundaries. i wish the creators in their quest for perfect realism dont spoil the game too much. you cant replicate real life onto a game exactly!!

Well u can try hard,cant u. The closer it is to a real life game the better. It would be good if BLC becomes a more arcady game for fun loving players and EA fulfil their quest to produce the ultimate simulation for those cricket purists like me.

the ultimate simulation doesn't include rain in odis..while the 'arcady' game includes features like hawk eye. :rolleyes:

Shailesh said:
the ultimate simulation doesn't include rain in odis..while the 'arcady' game includes features like hawk eye. :rolleyes:
I believe Hawk Eye is just another little feature they threw in which is not so great to be honest. Certainly not good enough to buy the game. Rather than Hawk Eye they could have added a save replay option or Highlights option which is not that difficult to achieve. And for the record a thing like Hawk Eye can pe put even in the smallest game like a (Macromedia)Flash game.

Adarsh said:
Well u can try hard,cant u. The closer it is to a real life game the better. It would be good if BLC becomes a more arcady game for fun loving players and EA fulfil their quest to produce the ultimate simulation for those cricket purists like me.

I really agree with U on that one. I think to start with I would like the cricket game to be an absolute treat to eye. Than the A.I. can also be worked out.
Hardly anyone blamed Doom 3's shabby gameplay because its graphics are still the best in the business.

msamina I do not see anywhere in the codemasters forum where Rubbergenius has said that players will not have accurate names. Could you please post a link ?

Here is the link- Rubbergenius's confession. Scroll down and read what he says.It is only for the exibhition mode though.

Last edited:
saisrini80 said:
you need a rep for this.. realism has some boundaries. i wish the creators in their quest for perfect realism dont spoil the game too much. you cant replicate real life onto a game exactly!!

Well to he honest even Cricket 2005 is far away for even close to realism. So if EA or Codemasters try to improve on graphics and lose out on A.I. than that's an understatement. Because these two new coming games has very poor quality graphics even by last years' standards.
So I thing they better improve the graphics first and if they don't do anything about gameply than they just didn't spend enough time on the game thinking that all the Cricket game's customers are stupids. Well anyways its quite obvious a cricket game will never be a potential seller.
Because achieving higher graphics is very easy in today's world. Its the gameplay which is important. so lets hope that they at least improve the graphics to realism because EA or Codies will never get serious about the gameplay because it simply doesn't get them enough bucks!!!

Good one Adarsh. To clear up the situation, this is what's going on. Codemasters have the names of players for the ICC licensed tournaments they have in the game (World cup 2003 and Champions Trophy 2004), but they don't have official licenses for the exhibition mode, which is why you won't see official kits, names etc, outside the world cup and champions trophy modes.

stevie said:
Good one Adarsh. To clear up the situation, this is what's going on. Codemasters have the names of players for the ICC licensed tournaments they have in the game (World cup 2003 and Champions Trophy 2004), but they don't have official licenses for the exhibition mode, which is why you won't see official kits, names etc, outside the world cup and champions trophy modes.

I still believe the game is crap, no real names are used for exhibition matches. I don't have time to change the player names from the editor.

stevie said:

this is a downer I agree..because most of the times we won't be playng tournaments. :(

Who cares. We should be easily able to change the names. I am sure someone here will release a patch as soon as the game comes out.

I guess it is a downer but little things such as these can be compromised I suppose. Given the cricket games EA sports have come up with so far any other game which is playable in terms of AI is OK with me. Such is the after effect of EA cricket game productions. As long as BLIC caters to things such as appropriate bowling changes, realistic scores, no wham bham thank you mam style of gameplay and hopefully no constant approach to chasing as in EA games (the bloody old 1day50.cfg et al).

Honestly how worse is it when the CPU chases your totals only by chance on any type of pitch with no AI whatsoever. Even in test matches as long as the teams approach it with at least some logic I will be happy with BLIC. In EA games CPU have had no idea how to set a target or chase a target in both ODIs and Tests. It only does it by chance, how is that for a downer.

Fair enough EA carried over AI from BLC way back in 1999 but EA have had some 5 years to work on it but still they didn't bother to change those. Default teams (which doesn't even work), default fieldsets, same bloody bouncers and yorkers by the CPU. I have been so disappointed with EA any game that doesn't have these issues and has better AI is good for me.

crick4life said:
I guess it is a downer but little things such as these can be compromised I suppose. Given the cricket games EA sports have come up with so far any other game which is playable in terms of AI is OK with me. Such is the after effect of EA cricket game productions. As long as BLIC caters to things such as appropriate bowling changes, realistic scores, no wham bham thank you mam style of gameplay and hopefully no constant approach to chasing as in EA games (the bloody old 1day50.cfg et al).

Honestly how worse is it when the CPU chases your totals only by chance on any type of pitch with no AI whatsoever. Even in test matches as long as the teams approach it with at least some logic I will be happy with BLIC. In EA games CPU have had no idea how to set a target or chase a target in both ODIs and Tests. It only does it by chance, how is that for a downer.

Fair enough EA carried over AI from BLC way back in 1999 but EA have had some 5 years to work on it but still they didn't bother to change those. Default teams (which doesn't even work), default fieldsets, same bloody bouncers and yorkers by the CPU. I have been so disappointed with EA any game that doesn't have these issues and has better AI is good for me.

I wouldn't oppose u. u have a good point but in todays world these little things do add up big and EA do have few things sorted out. I am sure they will do something on AI as well. Anyways AI in Cricket 2004 wasn't that bad.

After i read reviews about cricekt 2004 here i thought of not playing the game at all
But at last when i played the game it looked pretty good better than what i thought.The AI looked pretty decent hehe remember that i didnt play it too much.So cant judge whether the AI was good or not.The graphics looked ugly tho

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread