New Brian Lara Cricket game to be developed in-house?

jdbais

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Remember all the hype before BLIC came out. The game, although decent, didn't quite live up to expectations. So lets try to not get overly excited by this game until it is released.

Muhammad Saad

School Cricketer
Thanks BLIC for realising that the game made by sword fish was not up to the mark(but far more better than EA) and they start looking for the guys who really love cricket as their programmer.(I hope that EA has done the same thing and sacks the HB Studios )

msamina

Club Cricketer
jdbais said:
Remember all the hype before BLIC came out. The game, although decent, didn't quite live up to expectations. So lets try to not get overly excited by this game until it is released.

I have to agree. I was one of those who was terribly disappointed after playing the full game. So, no more buying any more cricket games till something on this forum convinces me to do otherwise.

embi

International Coach
SkateBoarder said:
Its amazing that you can earn ?30,000 developing a cricket game for a big company like Codemasters and legend_master is doing it for nothing with The Cricket Project.

And codemasters are gonna use 8 programmers, LM uses only one (himself). also, codies would have their own 3d modellers, LM has done most of them himself...

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
embi said:
And codemasters are gonna use 8 programmers, LM uses only one (himself). also, codies would have their own 3d modellers, LM has done most of them himself...

Maybe Codemasters should hire LM... that should ensure a decent cricket game :)

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
andy82 said:
I'll assure you that Cricket 2006 will be released before August ;)

In that case I don't think it will be worth buying coz EA hasn't started development of the game and I doubt EA's cpapability to come up with a decent product/game in less than 6 months.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
andy82 said:

If that is true it will just be a touched up version of Cricket 2005.

Can't see it myself

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
andy82 said:
That early? Wow, everyone get ready for the crappest rushed game ever then...

andy82

Club Cricketer
zimrahil said:
If that is true it will just be a touched up version of Cricket 2005.

Can't see it myself

If you've ever payed attention to any EA Sports Franchise then you'd know that they only do updated rosters and a few gameplay additions

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
andy82 said:
If you've ever payed attention to any EA Sports Franchise then you'd know that they only do updated rosters and a few gameplay additions

I thought FIFA 06 and Rugby 06 were more than a touch-up of previous editions.

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
andy82 said:

I actually find they are more like updated graphics, added some (useless) features, removed some (decent) features and all in all, a rushed product with very little bug testing

Users who are viewing this thread