New Brian Lara Cricket game to be developed in-house?

embi

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Whats more, TCP will be constantly adding "(decent) features". I will be interested to see how the other games turno out though...

ronaldo7777

PC Journalism Contest Winner
Excellant news. Lets hope it will be a better game. Are you sure about March 07. That gives them 12 months to develop a game from scratch.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
jdbais said:
Remember all the hype before BLIC came out. The game, although decent, didn't quite live up to expectations. So lets try to not get overly excited by this game until it is released.
Mate the Game BLIC 2005 was as good as i though, so i am really gone buy the next game, I don't know about others and i don't care.

Inzi bhai

School Cricketer
Tri series 2007

So there will be a tri series in 2007 :D

1) The cricket Project ( I am looking forward to it)

2) Codemasters ( Lack of programmers )

3) EA sports cricket ( Lack of capability)

well let us see who brings the most realism gameplay in 2007. :onpc

usy

Chairman of Selectors
good thread, sticky this thread mods.

Lattimorx

School Cricketer
ronaldo7777 said:
Excellant news. Lets hope it will be a better game. Are you sure about March 07. That gives them 12 months to develop a game from scratch.

That's a good point. They have to make it from scratch because Swordfish don't have anything to do with it. Hopefully they can have a similar gameplay system though.

hondeyho

International Cricketer
Sukh why do you need another account. All suggestions go in another thread as well!

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
Not quite true... even if next version is to be developed by another company, they will still have the existing code-base to work with. The code for the game belongs to Codemasters, not Swordfish. Swordfish were paid to develop the game but owners of the game and code is Codemasters. It's like any software outsourcing. The company paying for the development is the owner of the code or product and not the company to which the the development is outsourced.

Lattimorx said:
That's a good point. They have to make it from scratch because Swordfish don't have anything to do with it. Hopefully they can have a similar gameplay system though.

ronaldo7777

PC Journalism Contest Winner
With some elements I hope they dont use the excisting code.

Users who are viewing this thread