New Brian Lara Cricket Game Annouced!

Ste

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Around 6 years after original Brian Lara Cricket (Shane Warne Cricket in Australia) for the PC and Playstation was released Codemasters have today annouced the follow up to the game that many people say is still the best Cricket game ever made.

blc3.jpg

Codemasters have again signed up Brian Lara for the game which will be released in the UK in Summer 2005 as well as a deal with the International Cricket Council (ICC) meaning the game witll have it's official tournaments, international teams, players, venues and authentic strips.

blc1.jpg

Commenting on the deal Brian Lara said "It's great to be back working with Codemasters again, I've always been proud of my association with the games ? I'm often asked if a new one was coming. Codemasters always does a great job in capturing the essence of cricket and I know they've brought me, and the sport in general, a whole lot of new supporters."

blc2.jpg

The new official cricket game of the ICC will be titled Brian Lara International Cricket and will be developed by Codemasters and Swordfish Studios. It will be released on PC, PS2 and Xbox in the Summer of 2005.

Read the complete press release.

Codemasters have also released some screenshots of the rendered Brian Lara from the game, you can see these throughout the article or see big pictures (1.4MB each) of them here, here and here.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Quite simply, this is the best news Cricket Gaming wise for years. If nothing else, it will force EA to up their game some what

jonah

International Coach
Yes, yes, yes! As you say Phil, a bit of competition for EA will do no harm at all. Great news :cool: .

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Here's some info from the developers web site - and the good news for me is that they are from Birmingham UK which is where I live so I will be asking them to give me a testing position within the company ;)

About Swordfish Studios

Swordfish Studios is one of Europe's most respected independent game development studios. Based in Birmingham, UK and with over 10 years development experience.

Swordfish is currently working on 2 titles for the PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC platforms.

Games previously developed by the studio include:-

Jonah Lomu Rugby

UEFA Striker

Hostile Waters (Antaeus Rising)

World Championship Rugby

slade

Club Cricketer
Can't stop smiling - no need to get C2005!

bvkk

School Cricketer
red ball and color kit

I dont know how good the game will be ...but i can already see a flaw....
noticed the red ball along with the color kit?
isnt there supposed to be a white ball with the color kit ?

looking forward to many more screens.

vibs89

School Cricketer
that a great news man and i hope they release for NTSC in PS2 AND XBOcause i stay in USA in USA it is NTSC format and if we want to e-mail to codemasters about releasing brien lara cricket in NTSC so how we do it

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I thought codemasters equalled HBStudios...
Just to echo what has been said, we can just pray that the new competition will force EA to raise their game...

fardin

PC Awards 2005 Most Improved Member
so know we have competition in here well this will put some more pressure on ea to make some changes in cricket 2005 instead of getting cricket 2005 i would get brian lara i have the old version i have been playing it for long time and i love it and i think this one will be a great game but i have seen some of the screen shot which is posted in this web site and the kit doesnt look right will we cant make any decisons right now we have to wait tell the game is relased

fardin

PC Awards 2005 Most Improved Member
yeah babe it is looking good i am mean really good wow

akkies_2000

Club Cricketer
I haven't played Brian Lara Cricket ever as I was always stuck with Cricket 97, till cricket2002 arrived and now c2004 but as everyone says, I too would go for BLC rather than c2005.

As for kits, we have quite good personalities here, who can work on them. I'm sorry but I'm suggesting on patches and all, which are most probably needed in every game to suit ourselves. What is good though, as everyone feels, competition. Please EA keep fighting, don't quit now. I dont know I'm just stuck with them. Lets wait and see.

Users who are viewing this thread