Cons of Brian Lara Cricket

siddharth2002 said:
..Anyways AI in Cricket 2004 wasn't that bad.

:eek: :eek: , maybe not after the likes of Ravi got their hands on it, but the original AI was p**s-poor, a shambles.
Don't be fooled by good graphics in EA Sports games; they've done this over the years with the FIFA series - looks great, plays terribly. Time will tell if c2k5 is the same...

jonah said:
:eek: :eek: , maybe not after the likes of Ravi got their hands on it, but the original AI was p**s-poor, a shambles.
Don't be fooled by good graphics in EA Sports games; they've done this over the years with the FIFA series - looks great, plays terribly. Time will tell if c2k5 is the same...

i agree when cricket 2004 came out i thought it was an excellent game, but when you start to play regulary for 1-2 weeks you start to spot the bugs and then you will realise the game is not all that good

same will apply for cricket 2005 noone will find out in 1-2 days if its a crappy buggy game.

:eek: I just thought about this one. The made up names will apply to test matches also. And the commentators will refer to them like G Macgrith and V Sohwaq etc. Its going to be a nightmare

Adarsh said:
:eek: I just thought about this one. The made up names will apply to test matches also. And the commentators will refer to them like G Macgrith and V Sohwaq etc. Its going to be a nightmare

they are not made up names, codemasters won the rights to have the real names.

what gamer tv showed was the game before codemasters won the rights

jazz said:
they are not made up names, codemasters won the rights to have the real names.

what gamer tv showed was the game before codemasters won the rights
In case you didn't know, read the whole thread. You will find out that BLC has made-up names in exhibition mode and real names for the ICC tournaments.

Well the Advance shots havae alwayz been a negative in the game...I hope they have the bowlers to bowl a no-ball now...also we still don't know if there are any animations for the Fifties and centuries. As far as the real names are concerned, they can be changed in the in-game player editor..but what about the commentry ????? these questions will only be answered properly once the game is out.

sarmad said:
As far as the real names are concerned, they can be changed in the in-game player editor..but what about the commentry ????? these questions will only be answered properly once the game is out.

Never know, they may have a editor as in-depth as PES. That would mean we could change just about anything like the names the commentators pronounce. But it might not be, it's one of those 'wait and see' moments...

Adarsh said:
Here is the link- Rubbergenius's confession. Scroll down and read what he says.It is only for the exibhition mode though.

He seems to have stated that after you posted the name issue. In any case, you are correct until a point. You forgot to mention that the names are different only in the exhibition mode. You should probably edit your first post so that it is accurate. As far as I am concerned, this is certainly not a problem - since I never play exhibition matches (when I do play the game).

But, it is certainly suprising why they would not have permission for this :rolleyes:

Cricket 2004's gameplay could easily be mastered. As long as BLIC's gameplay is dynamic (situation-based), I would buy the game. But, to tell you the truth - I very much doubt this will be the case in both BLIC and Cricket 2005.

Last edited:
msamina said:
As far as I am concerned, this is certainly not a problem - since I never play exhibition matches (when I do play the game)
So you will only be using BLIC to play the World Cup and the Champions Trophy?

sohummisra said:
So you will only be using BLIC to play the World Cup and the Champions Trophy?

Probably - because I somehow like tournaments. I have not played exhibition matches in Cricket 2004 or BLC.

Have to think about it only if I buy the game, don't I. I will hold off on this till I hear that the gameplay is all right.

well all the BLIC haters here seem to be going back to the fact that " BLIC has no real names "............................well too bad
i think if people here at planetcricket can edit the player bowling actions ( CGVP 5 patch by boss) and make their own little version of the game ( Sams EXE) then HOW HARD IS IT TO EDIT NAMES and THAT TOO WITH A PLAYER EDITOR IN THE GAME
BLIC has real bats, classic matches, real kits for tournaments just to name a few

When last i looked EA had ricky ponting batting left-handed hitting a red ball in a ODI match and Brett Lee throwing his 150kph balls with only a 4-feet runup

siddharth2002 said:
I wouldn't oppose u. u have a good point but in todays world these little things do add up big and EA do have few things sorted out. I am sure they will do something on AI as well. Anyways AI in Cricket 2004 wasn't that bad.

I see you have uploaded 6 Sixes off an over mate. Looks like you really do term that as good gameplay. Do this, uninstall all the patches or reinstall a fresh copy of Cricket 2004 and play a test match. I can gurantee you, you will score over 1500 runs and get CPU out for less than 50 twice in a day or two. Even if you don't bowl well CPU will run itself out anyways.

BTW what is that EA has changed in gameplay since Brian Lara Cricket 1999. Give me a list of those and then we may be able to discuss. Don't mention the graphics part though, you had to show something different to sell the newer version.

i think this may be one of the things that may bring down BLIC.
EA has a slight edge when it came to liscences of players and teams.
but again, BLIC has authentic equipment.
so, cant say anything now, lets just wait.

damn

damn brian lara international cricket lacks alot of things i thought it would be a perfect game.
:crying

crick4life said:
I see you have uploaded 6 Sixes off an over mate. Looks like you really do term that as good gameplay. Do this, uninstall all the patches or reinstall a fresh copy of Cricket 2004 and play a test match. I can gurantee you, you will score over 1500 runs and get CPU out for less than 50 twice in a day or two. Even if you don't bowl well CPU will run itself out anyways.

BTW what is that EA has changed in gameplay since Brian Lara Cricket 1999. Give me a list of those and then we may be able to discuss. Don't mention the graphics part though, you had to show something different to sell the newer version.
U are taking it too much on ur heart. Chill man. Everything is alright.
U know what BLC 99 was such crap first of all, It never worked on my computer(p41.6, mmx440) which is a common configuration. and now look at 2005 version of BLC. They again have support for selected graphic chips only. Of course I will be able to play it on my computer but what about others.
Look at EA requirements and configurations it will support. Almost anything lol.
I don't know why, Codemasters are keeping high nose on these things.

And , its still not easy to sixes in Cricket 2004 so easily. if u check the records no one has come even closer to the records I created in respect to highest number of runs scored. It took me a lot of gameply and practice to achieve what i can do now. And I have hit six 6's in an over on BLC 99 as well. Plus will hit them in Cricket 2005 as well, Doesn't matter what A.I. is there Because It is is possible to do in real world as well.
And to say something on Cricket 2004's A.I. well one thing was fairly real, U have to figure out a shot on each ball which can time it well and the contact of bat and ball was hard and fast. as a result the ball is going to go excactly where it goes in the real world's cricket. Now what more do u want in that respect, its already real. the only EA has to work out is CPU pacing and change of tactics when u are on rampage and especially batsman tiring out. Won't that be a challenge for hard-core gamers.
I am confident that BLC 2005 will have nothing of that sort lol
All that aside, its only a video game, they are suppose to be entertaining. i certainly and nobody will have time to bat 90 overs in a day trying to make 400 runs in a day. if the game has to sell, it simply needs to have appeal in all audiences. games cannot be made for die-hard game fans because most of them can't even buy the game, simply put.
:onpc

Users who are viewing this thread