Cons of Brian Lara Cricket

I remember this one :eek: , Tim, Squiz and myself went absolutely nuts looking at this scorecard a year or so ago :D . I sincerely wish the Cricket2005 or the BLIC does not turn out this way again.

the main point of this forum is what is bad about blic. advance shots are needed-game unrealistic, fake player names-pathetic,graphics-cant match ea(note whenever a batsman is bowled in blic the bails fly up the same way no matter how fast the ball hit the stumps)
i will get ea sports one.
besides i am not a fan of brian lara anyhow.
maybe if it was named tendulkar...but then again it would insult tendulkar as basic fundamental things are missing.
tendulkar is the greatest! hope he recovers from his injuries
(people dont argue about lara and tendulkar. talk about the game)

crick4life said:
I remember this one :eek: , Tim, Squiz and myself went absolutely nuts looking at this scorecard a year or so ago :D
Good thread that was :p
I think I actually scored more in this one

EDIT:

me said:
The Indians took the attack up to the Zimbabwean bowlers from the very first over, smashing their way to 400/1 in the first 15 overs. Zimbabwe hit back, taking 2 wickets in quick succession at 511 and 566, however Kaif joined Sehwag to steady the ship and take the score to 3/621 after 25 overs.

INDIA: 621/3 (25)
Tendulkar 130(37) 18x6, 5x4
Sehwag 327*(90) 46x6, 12x4
Ganguly 91(28) 12x6, 3x4
Dravid 12(5) 0x6, 3x4
Kaif 30*(9) 5x6, 0x4

ZIMBABWE:
Streak 10-0-226/1
Hondo 10-0-284/1
Blignaut 4-0-93/1
Friend 1-0-10/0

Pretty poor effort really

Last edited:
SkateBoarder2 said:
Not everyone will be able to get patches for the game because they will buy it on console. I'm buying it for my PC but I think I will need to upgrade my graphics card first.

EA do well with making it run on people's PCs.

Demo releasing on 14th June I think.:spy

whats about the demo you are talking about ??

Pat said:
whats about the demo you are talking about ??
I'm talking about the BLIC demo.
I think it's released on June 14th.

and u think so because ?? I think Codies are having another press release on 14th !!

Pat said:
and u think so because ?? I think Codies are having another press release on 14th !!
That's why I think they will release the demo on that day.

rashaba16 said:
the main point of this forum is what is bad about blic. advance shots are needed-game unrealistic, fake player names-pathetic,graphics-cant match ea(note whenever a batsman is bowled in blic the bails fly up the same way no matter how fast the ball hit the stumps)

so you don't mind EA's

unrealistic default fields used for the last 6 years (e.g. with no 3rd man, making scoring runs in ODI's ridiculously easy.)
poor cpu pacing files in ODI and tests
poor bowling changes - eg crappy bowler comes on 1st change in test
too many gamebreaker bugs to mention
worst commentary ever seen in a sports game (other than PES :p )

That list is no where near exhaustive. As has been mentioned I hope EA's effort is the best game ever, as we the consumer will be the winner, but history has shown us (up till now) that this will not be the case.

Swordfish has no history in developing cricket games, which is why we cannot be as harsh on them as EA.

crick4life said:
I remember this one :eek: , Tim, Squiz and myself went absolutely nuts looking at this scorecard a year or so ago :D . I sincerely wish the Cricket2005 or the BLIC does not turn out this way again.
haha, I remember that :happy

I have a weird feeling that both games will not live up to expectations. All part of the cycle, I guess.

i dont know what to think now...imma just wait till both come out, read as many reviews as possible then buy accordingly. oh and ofcourse ill check out demos

sohummisra said:
I have a weird feeling that both games will not live up to expectations. All part of the cycle, I guess.
i too think that we might end up with two mediocre games

rashaba16 said:
maybe if it was named tendulkar...but then again it would insult tendulkar as basic fundamental things are missing.

Oh right, I see, you're allowed to make comments about how Tendulkar is better than Lara and be off topic by bringing it up, but yet, no one else can comment? Hmmm.

siddharth2002 said:
The screenshots of BLC 2005 have given so much hindsight into their A.I.
Wow look at flintoff's bowling. 2overs, one maiden, 5 wickets and 18 runs. Not just that, lots of other screenshots.
Unbelievable stuff. isn't it. Quite REAL I guess.I guess EA will be much worse as accordingly u guys are telling me.
Well anyways its probably my last post in this forum. And I will buy both the games and post my opinion after playing the game. So for time being C ya all.

That was the wrong screen to release as far as I can tell (I wasn't around for that one I'd guess) - especially as it was captured before the gameplay was tweaked fully. So those kind of figures were always going to happen.

It's been tweaked mroe fully now and I'll try and get an updated screen for you - show that the bowling/batting figures sound much more lifelike!

rashaba16 said:

Not buying the game because you don't like Brian Lara - like me not buying PES because Thierry Henry's on the front cover. It's the gameplay that counts, not the title of the game! (and no, I'm not comparing PES gameplay with BLIC - I'm way too humble to do that!).

Good on ya rubbergenius for clearing some stuff with regards to the screen shots.

Users who are viewing this thread