Cons of Brian Lara Cricket

It seems obvious to me that they were just screwing around to get a variety of screenshots for capturing and publishing purposes. You're usually not going to be 17/6 when playing an international match when you finally get to play the game yourself.

In keeping with what RG was saying, maybe next time they will have a score of say 186/3 in the 37th over of an ODI. That's more like it.

CaptainOZ said:
In keeping with what RG was saying, maybe next time they will have a score of say 186/3 in the 37th over of an ODI. That's more like it.

even then we cant say if the ai is actually good or not so until and unless we play the demo atleast we shdnt comment on that

if you guys want realism in a game, then you should either go to a test match ( you get real names then) or go out and actually play the game in real life.

BLIC is a game ... it's not meant to be completely realistic :P

i made 1000n.o with my man and 500 and something with the other. opening partnership of 1609. it was just to easy to score. hope ea comes good this time. they may actually surprise us.

One thing I thought BLIC 05 would surely score over C2K5 was its commentory.

But after seeing the Gamer TV preview of BLIC ,I have to say even thats a downer.

Eg:Patterson(pieterson really) hits a six in the preview and there is pin drop silence from the crowd.
Also the commentrator (Johnathon Agnew I suppose)says "He has hit it well" in such a manner that someone in his family has died.There is no and by that I mean no buzz and excitment on hitting a six.

SO what can we expect ???

Another thing game as it looked on the preview looks a lot like C2K2 graphically.Even the faces werent resembling that much when looked from a distance.

I think we will end up with two mediocre games, better than cricket 2004 but nowhere near mvp 2005 or madden 2005 :sad

aprofromindia said:
I think we will end up with two mediocre games, better than cricket 2004 but nowhere near mvp 2005 or madden 2005 :sad

umm, who was expecting a game as good as Madden and mvp? we have high expectations as far as Cricket games are concerned but nothing like Madden.

Well lets keep our fingers crossed and hope at least one of EA and Codemasters get it right, and maybe if we are lucky they both will.. Yes I can dream :P

think of it this way, the names are spelled wrong but atleast they have their own faces.i mean i saw a pic of wasim akram and it looks better than a custom made face in cricket 2004.and again you can probably fix it in the create a player mode.

ronny_kingsley said:
One thing I thought BLIC 05 would surely score over C2K5 was its commentory.

But after seeing the Gamer TV preview of BLIC ,I have to say even thats a downer.

Eg:Patterson(pieterson really) hits a six in the preview and there is pin drop silence from the crowd.
Also the commentrator (Johnathon Agnew I suppose)says "He has hit it well" in such a manner that someone in his family has died.There is no and by that I mean no buzz and excitment on hitting a six.

That's because Gamer TV dubbed over the top of the game's sound and moved things around to suit their soundtrack. We can't be held responsible for that!

Wait for the demo's before completely making your mind guys. BLIC looks FAR better in my opinion but I am still going to wait for both demo's before completely making my mind up.

hey RG, any news on the demo?

also will we be able to make our own team and COMPETE in the icc trophy and the likes?

rubbergenius said:
That's because Gamer TV dubbed over the top of the game's sound and moved things around to suit their soundtrack. We can't be held responsible for that!

So was jonathen agnew's statement dubbed as well?
rather more than the statement ,i suppose rubbergenius,its the emotions that count.

How can gamer tv have dubbed agnew's emotions?

iceman_waugh said:
So was jonathen agnew's statement dubbed as well?
rather more than the statement ,i suppose rubbergenius,its the emotions that count.

How can gamer tv have dubbed agnew's emotions?
Jonathan Agnew says it very firmly, just as he should do. Peer means that Gamer TV has dubbed the crowd sounds, which in my opinion are BLIC's biggest asset.

Users who are viewing this thread