Created a group on Steam

dale0404

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi all,

I created a group for all like-minded people who cant wait for this game to come out on Thursday, I am actually thinking of throwing a sickie!

Anyway the group now has 25 members and I would want that to increase as much as possible.

I have provided a TS3 server for people to use free of charge. Details are within the group discussions. Please use it if you want to. I have created dedicated channels etc.

Another reason I have formed the group is so we can get some tournaments / leagues started. Having everything in 1 place makes things so much easier.

Anyway, have a look and join if you want.

Link: Steam Community :: Group :: DBC 14 Fans

I am actually thinking of throwing a sickie!

Your employer has been informed.

First rule of throwing a sickie, never talk about throwing a sickie.

Your employer has been informed.

First rule of throwing a sickie, never talk about throwing a sickie.

Oops! School boy error...

38 members now, thanks to everyone for joining.

Please read the discussion boards and leave your input.

Going to start and organise tournaments / leagues this week so make sure your involved!

Btw, I am Nottinghamshire!

To anyone that has been playing this on console how easy is it to organise events? Does it need to be organised outside of the game or can everything be done in game?

Whereas my guys throw a sickie so as to not play DBC :p

Oops! School boy error...

38 members now, thanks to everyone for joining.

Please read the discussion boards and leave your input.

Going to start and organise tournaments / leagues this week so make sure your involved!

Btw, I am Nottinghamshire!

To anyone that has been playing this on console how easy is it to organise events? Does it need to be organised outside of the game or can everything be done in game?

Everything needs to be done outside of the Game . The game only facilitates the actual match played between the opponents.

Patch2 has some online tournament enabled , but it is VERY restricted in the sense that its only a knockout tournament format, with seemingly(unconfirmed) a fixed amount of Teams and Overs to be played allowed.

Everything needs to be done outside of the Game . The game only facilitates the actual match played between the opponents.

Patch2 has some online tournament enabled , but it is VERY restricted in the sense that its only a knockout tournament format, with seemingly(unconfirmed) a fixed amount of Teams and Overs to be played allowed.

A round robin league format followed by semis/finals would be a better format for online tourneys IMO. Maybe that could be added in patch 3 or later.

They could really leave it open to be more flexible , like the rest of DBC that is so customisable . Not really sure why they kept it so rigid and closed to be honest.

They could really leave it open to be more flexible , like the rest of DBC that is so customisable . Not really sure why they kept it so rigid and closed to be honest.

I'm assuming coz it's online and you need to box it up a bit to ensure you don't run into all sorts of weird scenarios online.

Cool, organising this outside of the game is pretty simple, especially with Google Docs, Dropbox etc.

Once enough players have committed I will sort out the draw (by the use of a random number generator available online or something similar).

Would be even better if someone was on Teamspeak with me to do the draw though. I could number the teams and another person shouts out a number without knowing which teams the numbers correspond to.

Then the games would probably need to be played within a 24 hour window agreed by both parties.

Things to sort out on Thursday:

1. Number of teams taking part.
2. Format of the game (5 overs, T20 etc).
3. The draw.
4. When to play the games.
5. Other stuff!

All this will be sorted out within the Steam group pages.

If there is enough interest I will turn this into a Round Robin format with the top 4 into the semi-finals.

If you are talking of options, every time you add an option it diminishes the number of people you will find online looking for the same options as yourself (it effectively splits the entire pool by the number of options/outcomes available).

If you are talking of options, every time you add an option it diminishes the number of people you will find online looking for the same options as yourself (it effectively splits the entire pool by the number of options/outcomes available).

But online league or tourney is a different kettle of fish as you aren't looking for randoms to join a match online.

Sorry, I thought it was for online tournaments, not private matches. My mistake.

Sorry, I thought it was for online tournaments, not private matches. My mistake.

I`m speaking about the Online Tournament feature.

I was thinking along the lines of giving the options for a points based Online league , complete with Semis and a Final . This would make live much easier on us Tournament Organisers .

I do understand that you did not want to dilute the amount of online matches further with more options thrown into the mix.

In our instance , we have 12 dedicated guys all in a thread where the tournament is discussed and being managed . I was thinking of something along the lines of letting me , the tournament organiser create an online tournament using all of the multitude of Options thats currently in the Game.

After I`ve succesfully set up the Tournament , I save it and Advertise the Tournament on Some Place specifically created for this in DBC Online Mode. The other participant then downloads this Tournament File , and is then entered/subscribed into the tournament and from there on its happy days with all scoring of points etc. taken care of.

If it cannot be done now , it would surely assist us in the future setting up online Tournaments.

I`m speaking about the Online Tournament feature.

I was thinking along the lines of giving the options for a points based Online league , complete with Semis and a Final . This would make live much easier on us Tournament Organisers .

I do understand that you did not want to dilute the amount of online matches further with more options thrown into the mix.

In our instance , we have 12 dedicated guys all in a thread where the tournament is discussed and being managed . I was thinking of something along the lines of letting me , the tournament organiser create an online tournament using all of the multitude of Options thats currently in the Game.

After I`ve succesfully set up the Tournament , I save it and Advertise the Tournament on Some Place specifically created for this in DBC Online Mode. The other participant then downloads this Tournament File , and is then entered/subscribed into the tournament and from there on its happy days with all scoring of points etc. taken care of.

If it cannot be done now , it would surely assist us in the future setting up online Tournaments.

If Big Ant do as you suggest, they will need to add online servers which may not be sustainable in the long run for Big Ant.

Users who are viewing this thread