Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

I'd be happy with a rehash of C07, as long as it includes a Player Editor (so I can edit players, rather than have to create them from scratch), official licensing for all teams, updated squads, no run out bug, and a better AI for limited overs matches.

A brand new version with a new graphics engine will no doubt feature a whole host of the same old bugs, plus a few new Brand New Bugs! thrown in as part of the bargain.

Seriously, if they haven't sorted out some of the glaring basic bugs they have been annoying us with for the past 10 years by now they never will.

I am not hopeful.

i guess the new cricket 09 would be fifa-like.....entirely rebuilt because it doesnt take anyone 2 long years to update the old models and textures.....

I'll buy this one because it will have free hits on no-balls, batting and bowling powerplays, proper Twenty20 tournament (hopefully IPL too). And of course better graphics.

Zahid Ali added 1 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

i dont know why ea is doing ghajani type marketing
if they are making a next gen(lol,may be dreaming)cricket game,why they dont announce it

PlanetCricket have been informed by an EA Press Office that Cricket 09 will be released for PC only "at this stage".

cricket09.png

The release date of the game has been confirmed as the 8th of May in New Zealand, as previously reported on PlanetCricket.

We have been unable to confirm news on a console release from EA UK or Australia and it may be that the New Zealand press office team has incorrect information as the EA cricket games have previously been big sellers on Xbox and Playstation consoles. Discuss this news

I doubt it, I am sure it will be released on atleast 360 & PS3. Its possible that they have different release date on console but EA wont miss this oppertunity to release the game on console and make more money

Rumor has it that is gonna release on 8th may but there is no official confirmation from EA regarding c09

Zahid Ali added 2 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

"They say that god makes problems just to see what you can stand, before you do as the devil pleases"

If its only suppose to release on PC .. that means it wont have next-gen graphics or any other fancy stuff .... it may be just an upgrade from C07

The release date doesn't matter at all to me.. the thing which matters is, what's extra thing and what has to force me to buy EA 09 when I already have an excellent enjoyable C05 with me. :rolleyes: :p :cool:

If its only suppose to release on PC .. that means it wont have next-gen graphics or any other fancy stuff .... it may be just an upgrade from C07
Are you joking? The PC can provide much better graphics than the 360 or PS3, look at Crysis, Fallout 3, Oblivion, F.E.A.R 2, Mirror's Edge, etc.

Are you joking? The PC can provide much better graphics than the 360 or PS3, look at Crysis, Fallout 3, Oblivion, F.E.A.R 2, Mirror's Edge, etc.
Don't get your hopes up, just because it can doesn't mean it will. Not many sports games are PC only because they didn't want to make it poor enough for a next gen console, it's the other way around.

The release date doesn't matter at all to me.. the thing which matters is, what's extra thing and what has to force me to buy EA 09 when I already have an excellent enjoyable C05 with me.
100% agree! The gameplay of C05 is still best for me :). I hope they'll make high improvements in C09.

"They say that god makes problems just to see what you can stand, before you do as the devil pleases"

Argh, Someones using my signature :p

I highly doubt that it will be PC release only as it would miss out on a large proportion of the market.

Also Ste has only said that they have infomation from the New Zealand Ea that there is no news on console not that there isn't one and theres been no news from EA Uk and Australia. Still early days in my opinion to make predictions aswell.

If they say its only for PC, then we can believe that they will release a whole new, grand, biggest, marvellous roster as an addon for C07:p.
It will surely be on other consoles, may be they can neglect PC.

If its PC only then I m not gonna buy it ..... I wanna play an HD game on my PS3 .... not some average PC game

I think they have remade the game engine, otherwise it would have been easy for them to port it to other platforms quickly. I'm gonna buy it however it is. But TAOC is your best bet, it'll be awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread