Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

ya ur correct...... Cricket 09.....
I think they should take license from all international cricket boards.........

previously they had license from Aus, NZ, SA, England.................!!!

And what you all guys say about the licensification from all international cricket boards .....??

Last edited by a moderator:
Simbazz said:
No-where is "PC's," mentioned there.

Because PC's aren't measured by generations, as simple as that. Its only a fashion used by the consoles.

Simbazz said:
Obviously Wikipedia is no where near a proper source, but it basically says what I want it to.
You contradicted yourselves. It says what you want it to, not necessarily the truth.

Simbazz said:
Kshitiz, I'd give it up if I were you, seriously. You're making yourself look like a proper fanboy.
Meh who cares, if it takes being a fanboy to correct some other fanboys, then its worth it IMO. I never really debated on PC >/< console, like you obviously are, I simply only debated the "next gen" issue, something which you're easily deviating from, giving those ability points.

It's going nowhere, bringing this up again. PCs are not measured by generations, you have said so yourself Kshitiz. Therefore PCs are not, and will never be, next-gen! PCs were not built for games.

Yes, I said they aren't measured by generations, but saying a "next-gen" will be far better than a PC, and claiming it can do what a PC can't, is utter rubbish.

Also, your statement, PC's were not built for games, might be true, but it isn't necessary that for a thing to be good it has to have that exact motive from its beginning. I'll tell you what, PC's were not built for posting on an internet forum either.

Yes, I said they aren't measured by generations, but saying a "next-gen" will be far better than a PC, and claiming it can do what a PC can't, is utter rubbish.

Also, your statement, PC's were not built for games, might be true, but it isn't necessary that for a thing to be good it has to have that exact motive from its beginning. I'll tell you what, PC's were not built for posting on an internet forum either.
Games like Cricket 09 are not going to be made better by developers because they don't want to exclude some of their audience. Not everyone can afford to have PCs that are superior to next-gen consoles. This means that by not making the game for next-gen, C'09 will not be as good as it could be.

I'm going to leave it here, seeing as you're completely missing my point. I'm not debating whether Cricket 09 would be better on a console or a PC, neither am I debating if a console is overall better / worse than a PC. I'm merely stating the fact that saying "next-gen" doesn't make it any better than a PC - a major misconception. But clearly you're missing that point and are instead debating which platform will Cricket 09 be better on.

I'm going to leave it here, seeing as you're completely missing my point. I'm not debating whether Cricket 09 would be better on a console or a PC, neither am I debating if a console is overall better / worse than a PC. I'm merely stating the fact that saying "next-gen" doesn't make it any better than a PC - a major misconception. But clearly you're missing that point and are instead debating which platform will Cricket 09 be better on.
What you are saying is Cricket 09 will not be worse for the fact it is PC only.

The truth is it will.

1. I never said that.

2. Now that you've said it, it made me think and I do think you're partly wrong.

Cricket 09 shouldn't be worse for the fact that it is PC only, as its not a platform deficiency. If this does happen then its EA's fault, no one else's. Other PC only games have made remarkable sales and some of them have accomplished lot more than what only the consoles after PS3 / 360 would achieve.

I quite enjoy conversations like this. Even if its not directly pointed at the thread title. Its relevant.

Meh who cares, if it takes being a fanboy to correct some other fanboys, then its worth it IMO. I never really debated on PC >/< console, like you obviously are, I simply only debated the "next gen" issue, something which you're easily deviating from, giving those ability points.

I've never said consoles are better than computers overall. I've said they're more convenient for gaming, and I've also said that the words "next-gen," is only for consoles. I didn't say they're better than PC's. I actually said that in this day and age, the world would crumble if we didn't have them.

C09 would simply be better on a PC, for game play, but for everything else, PC does it. Editability on a PC is amazing for those who are clever enough to know.

It's going nowhere, bringing this up again. PCs are not measured by generations, you have said so yourself Kshitiz. Therefore PCs are not, and will never be, next-gen! PCs were not built for games.

PC's were built to store data. Consoles where built for gaming.

Its pretty simple actually.

Posting on an internet forum is a by-product of the PC much like gaming is.

Its like saying cellular phones (or say Iphones/Ipods) are better at playing games than a console. Iphones give you the ability to turn the whole phone for some games. Doesn't mean they're better, just mean they've got some unique stangle-hold of the market.

PC's don't have anything unique other than that they have the ability to get inside games and edit them. They also have the ability to be upgraded if you have a spare $2 Million, then you'll be able to play C09 a little better than my laptop.

Games like Cricket 09 are not going to be made better by developers because they don't want to exclude some of their audience. Not everyone can afford to have PCs that are superior to next-gen consoles. This means that by not making the game for next-gen, C'09 will not be as good as it could be.

I agree, much like C07, C05, C04....

Is there any need for a debate when we already know the game is going to be utter crap?

The game will be utter crap, no deny it.

The debate is fun. Its personal opinion. Much like Lee's love for Norwich, this much loving of a PC is only shared by one or two people. We call them geeks ;) But Kshitiz, you're not a geek!! :D

I'm joking, mate.

Australian Classification Board has corrected their website from "Cricket 9" to "Cricket 09" . That show new Cricket game will be Called "Cricket 09"
Two weeks ago, I sent an email to Australian Classification Government and today I got their reply with the message of solving this thing. They really take actions to their mail.

They have sent me thanks via email for bringing into their notice. I am happy that I have made something changed;). I still have the report in PDF format which they sent to me.

Last edited:
Next gen is also used when talking about games
NHL 09 was a next gen game on PS3 an Xbox 360 but the version for PS2 and PC was a cut down old gen version.
Aparrantly though they were going to use the next gen version on PC but they ended up sticking with the old gen version.
Next NHL game for PC will be the Next Gen version.

Its not called Next gen just because its being played on a next gen console.
Its called next gen because of all the extra stuff they have now been able to include into games.

PCs are not Next gen because there is no current gen there always evolving unlike Consoles which come out all the same an stay that way till a new generation of consoles come out.

But PC's can get whats considered Next Gen games

Simbazz said:
Posting on an internet forum is a by-product of the PC much like gaming is.

Its like saying cellular phones (or say Iphones/Ipods) are better at playing games than a console. Iphones give you the ability to turn the whole phone for some games. Doesn't mean they're better, just mean they've got some unique stangle-hold of the market.

PC's don't have anything unique other than that they have the ability to get inside games and edit them. They also have the ability to be upgraded if you have a spare $2 Million, then you'll be able to play C09 a little better than my laptop.

No offence, but comparing the PC and console comparison to the iPhone one is absolute rubbish. It does not take being a genius to figure out the relative strength difference between a PC and an iPhone, I didn't expect this...

And again, I'd say, just because something was made for one thing doesn't mean its the best in it. Simple as that.

And, tbh, Consoles are a by-product of the PC if you're wanting to go into the facts.

$2million? Comeon, you must be kidding, you're aware we're in 2009 aren't you?

And onto that Geek comment, :p No offence taken, I know not everyone can know how a PC is different to the console and in what terms powerful, but I'd appreciate if you'd atleast try to understand if I give the facts, the numbers, AND the source.

Thread title should be changed to "Cricket For NeXT Gen". Please stop the next gen talk.

Users who are viewing this thread