Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

I'd firstly want to see the newest additions to the game - viz. your Powerplays, and maybe the referral system (although I don't mind not seeing the latter).

Secondly, an IPL feature. It's the most popular format or league in cricket, around Asia, and it ought to be in there. So, that, for the subcontinent fans, and maybe the regular Ashes feature for the others, should be fab.

Third, how about a player editor/stats editor/team editor (as for IPL teams) in-game?

Fourth, more accurate faces and kits, although I understand they have constraints on those due to licensing issues with some teams.

Fifth, an Online mode/multiplayer.

Sixth, a Career mode/Manager mode, where you can either choose any domestic side (a county or an Indian Premier League side) or a national side and take them through tournaments as coach/manager.

Seventh, a slightly improved Tournament mode, with the option of creating a custom tournament.

Eighth, better graphics and a more vibrant interface. Need to work on crowds and stadia, amongst other things.

Ninth, five years of Richie Benaud's sleepy voice has started to bore me. A change in voice, but most importantly better commentary.

And lastly, you can forget 'em all ^^^ and be forgiven, long as you release ANY cricket game (this time also for the PS3). Hell, if push comes to shove, I don't mind the C2K7 re-released for the PS3! But please just give us a game, playable on most platforms.

They won't have the Ashes, Codies have got the license for that.

I will give you all a hint (don't shoot me admins :p) There is an announcement coming shortly about 09 which should answer a few questions, but that is all I will say.

I have also merged this with the sticky thread so as to keep 09 discussion in one thread

Last edited:
I'm watching you both... ;)
Realistically just keeping the same file formats would suit me fine (and save me recoding my player editor!).

You're watching me? What have i got myself into here. I came here looking for information and instead i stumble upon some sort of Voyeurism Admin/Mod lovefest. :(

here we go again here some more of these ;)
followed by more of these ;)
its like the carry on films ;)

They won't have the Ashes, Codies have got the license for that.
EA can produce much better game than their current cricket games but they didn't put too much efforts on their cricket games.

I will give you all a hint (don't shoot me admins ) There is an announcement coming shortly about 09 which should answer a few questions, but that is all I will say.
That means EA has removed the "confidential wall" from disclosing information?

I will give you all a hint (don't shoot me admins :p) There is an announcement coming shortly about 09 which should answer a few questions, but that is all I will say.

Isn't Peter Moore already announced that there is no Cricket game ???

Isn't Peter Moore already announced that there is no Cricket game ???
He said there was no news of a cricket game. Not that there was no cricket game. I'm determined not to buy EA's next effort until I hear it is worth it. I'm sick of the crap they dish up.

His exact words were " But in this case, no amount of persistent pushing can create a game that does not exist...sorry."

I suppose that means there is no game .....

I dont know why he try to misguide us ???

Users who are viewing this thread