Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

Last edited:
I'll say I'm extremely trusting of the source for what I know about the game, the release date didn't come from that source so don't hold your breath for May 8th.

A source I'm in contact with at another company confirmed to me that information posted on the Mighty Ape website relating to a release date for one of their games was incorrect, the name of the game was wrong as well.

As I've said before, many retailers just make up release dates for pre-orders, they are happy to take your money.

But I'll reiterate, the source we have regarding the game's existence and features is rock solid. The feature list strongly suggests May/June as the window for release, and failing that September/October.

I'll let you figure out which international tournaments that aligns with.

so we can say that EA has ICC license and they have T20 World cup (May/june) and Champions Trophy (Sep/Oct) in it. Its possible that the game was not ready or looking piece of crap so Peter Moore decided to delay Bthe release. But Codemasters release date looks quite solid for July to coincide with ASHES ( Assume they have ashes license !) .....

Waiting for the cricket 09...........But Ea sports are creating fifa game every year but they are not doing it for cricket.........why it is like it??????????:(

Wouldn't you prefer a gap of a few years, if it meant a better game? I know I would. It's bad enough as it is, without making a new one every single year!

I'll say I'm extremely trusting of the source for what I know about the game, the release date didn't come from that source so don't hold your breath for May 8th.

A source I'm in contact with at another company confirmed to me that information posted on the Mighty Ape website relating to a release date for one of their games was incorrect, the name of the game was wrong as well.

As I've said before, many retailers just make up release dates for pre-orders, they are happy to take your money.

But I'll reiterate, the source we have regarding the game's existence and features is rock solid. The feature list strongly suggests May/June as the window for release, and failing that September/October.

I'll let you figure out which international tournaments that aligns with.

fair enough just so glad you did not finish it with ;)

Ill keep my prediction one of them being released in July and the other a month before or after, perhaps EA will be First and Codies second but you never know.

Now wheres the apology for the Admins?

come on bluuud, they will make a big mistake with out a cricket game for the ashes, say if england distroy australia, but i guess they are right in not making it, maybe a premenition for england loosing the ashes, who knows

i think they should include IPL in it to make it a success and also the t20 format and gameplay and ofcourse graphics.when will the game be released? guess

I want the game to be like Fifa 09 where you can download updated stats and it updates the career totals weekly or monthly.

I think Individual bowling actions, ie. Murali, Lasith Malinga, Sohail Tanvir, Warney, would be great, brings more realism. That way when you create a player you can assign your own bowling action. Also batting stances at the crease and being able to move your feet after the ball is delivered. Plus being able to find the gaps more often and realistic field placings by the CPU.

And licenses for all the Countries.

Better replays and able to change the position of the wicket keeper also.
Displaying of the batsman's and bowlers stats whenever the come to bat or bowl.
Lastly: It should be better than cricket 07.:p:p:D:D

Powerplay,free hits and we can also change the kepper in match.

Last edited:
A carrer mode? I'ld love more depth in the game like more domestic tourniments, better animations and more different cut-scenes (in between bowls)

i think they should include IPL in it to make it a success and also the t20 format and gameplay and ofcourse graphics.when will the game be released? guess

I have heard an unlicensed Indian Domestic 20/20 league is a possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread