Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

hi it is beginning to look like no cricket 09 :crying
so if we can have any of the people who have hinted of inside info
can we please hear what you where told and may be by who :onpc
;)

Lets ask "Whitehornmatt" and "Ste" ... looks like they know someone in EA dev team who has been leaking inside news. that contact should be able to tell us what happened all of a sudden? why Peter Moore freaked out !!

We've yet to be wrong in 8 years or something and I'm still sticking to my guns on this one. I will concede that's it's possible the game has been cancelled but I'm 100% positive there was a game.
Not that I expect you to bother apologising if you are proved wrong but I will certainly do so to you if I am.

Ok so when do we get your apology - 9th of May - I do not know how many times EA hve to say they have nothing to announce.

If a game comes out on May 8th - as has been mentioned by all of the big noters here who claim to have sources at EA as being the official release date - I will apologize until then its a group of big noters trying to make names for themselves on an internet forum, and trying to gain backlinks by shamelessly plugging their websites over and over on a Wikipedia page just to get more back links.

I am guessing that the admins have some sort of source, at least on this forum. They have no need to make it up, planet cricket already has plenty of interest.

Ok so when do we get your apology - 9th of May - I do not know how many times EA hve to say they have nothing to announce.

If a game comes out on May 8th - as has been mentioned by all of the big noters here who claim to have sources at EA as being the official release date - I will apologize until then its a group of big noters trying to make names for themselves on an internet forum, and trying to gain backlinks by shamelessly plugging their websites over and over on a Wikipedia page just to get more back links.

Sorry,I did not want to bring this up but how long have you been in this forum? Two months?

Our senior members and admins have been around for much longer.We`ve had a few game releases in between as well and as Barmyarmy said,they`ve not got it wrong till now.There is absolutely nothing they gain by making up false release dates or by claiming that they know of a cricket game in production.The forum already has quite a lot of interest and participation and our senior members and admins don`t need cheap publicity.It could well be that there was a game in development but it might have been stalled due to licensing issues.

Cricket 09 Wishlist

Simple, post what you wanna see in C09

First things first, I want to see a Cricket 09 from EA Sports!:p

Next-gen graphics: The graphics in cricket game lags behind other sports games significantly.

Smooth, realistic shots: Shots seem to either be highly impractical or unrewarding or defy physics, enough of that please. And different shots to spinners than to pacers, please.

Realistic bowling actions: Why make up an action like in previous cricket games. Take someone as a model, like Brett Lee, find some snapshots and model that action, at least it'll look real.

Common sense: Fours are easier to hit than sixes, one shot is not 100x more rewarding than the others - this is simple stuff.

And so on...

i think some people are getting a little to upset :rolleyes:
it would be nice for the people who have any information on
what might of been a cricket 09 to say i know this or that ,and
was told in good faith about it , which is fair enough , its not a thing to
get personal about, but putting this ;)
and making people think they in the know about the game is odd.
It would be nice for a bit of honesty;)
the only thing i have seen , which was in the official playstation mag april which said 2 cricket games are being released by ea and codemasters this summer.
So i do not think people should say sorry for saying this or that,
lets have some truth ....
can we handle the truth ;)

Last edited:
Ben Wilson one of the journalists for Official Playstation Magazine posted the quote below on the OPM Facebook Page:

"I'm going to see a new cricket game next week. On PS3.
Indeed, there should be two along this summer, and EA is working on a rugby game although I've no idea when it will see the light of day."

Link to OPM facebook page:

Cricket/Rugby games | Facebook

Ben's quote is at the bottom.

The thing is, EA will be trying to keep "the foot in the door," as it where with game companies by saying that there are games in development. It'll be similar with planetcricket, getting just enough information to be satisfied.

Unless you hear it from a true EA spokesperson, its untrue.

What I think is EA don't want to reveal any news about their game as they might be willing to know about the other cricket games. Due to this, Codemasters/Atari have also done the same thing.

I am dead sure that there is a cricket game in development because EA themselves admit this. What I'll suggest is that don't loose your hope. They must have extended the date for the release of the game or announcement .

There are some mind games going on between EA and Codies.

One more thing I would like to add here that someone is trying to fool the users at
www.cricket10.com.

I have confirmed that the website is neither by EA nor PC because EA register their domain from email "[email protected] or hostmaster2ea.com". As far I think, PC use a dedicated server and hence all the sites hosted on PC will be pointed to the PC's original name servers.

Last edited:
I am guessing that the admins have some sort of source, at least on this forum. They have no need to make it up, planet cricket already has plenty of interest.
I'll say I'm extremely trusting of the source for what I know about the game, the release date didn't come from that source so don't hold your breath for May 8th.

A source I'm in contact with at another company confirmed to me that information posted on the Mighty Ape website relating to a release date for one of their games was incorrect, the name of the game was wrong as well.

As I've said before, many retailers just make up release dates for pre-orders, they are happy to take your money.

But I'll reiterate, the source we have regarding the game's existence and features is rock solid. The feature list strongly suggests May/June as the window for release, and failing that September/October.

I'll let you figure out which international tournaments that aligns with.

Users who are viewing this thread