Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

Well that pretty much kills any hope of An EA game any sooner. Our hopes regarding the Codemaster's game may meet the same end.

They must be having serious problems with the licensing, i guess...

May be the unit testing of the game have gone something wrong and they are all in panic inside EA testing room :D

well thats sad to hear from mr moore :a game that does not exist...sorry:
so he says there is no game , well perhaps its time to close this thread because that seems pretty final, and open one on codemasters ashes cricket game may be...:D
one thing i dislike is some people trying to hoodwink us into thinking they have inside information for cricket 09 with a bit of this ;) at the end there
answers , its time to stop kidding about or tell the truth , because we could have months of is there or is there not a cricket 09 game coming .
which will get a bit boring ;)

May be there was a plan to release a game but due to a number of reasons (that we may never know) money, licensing , time EA unable to release the game so finally they decided to end this debate and let fans know there wont be any game !!! after all their first priority is American sports titles ... so they decided to stick to their already successful franchise this year due to recession or whatever reason ... looks like Market is open for codies to grab !!! not sure if they also abandon their game and we'll have to use patches to upgrade Cricket 07 for this ASHES and T20 world cup ...

May be there was a plan to release a game but due to a number of reasons (that we may never know) money, licensing , time EA unable to release the game so finally they decided to end this debate and let fans know there wont be any game !!! after all their first priority is American sports titles ... so they decided to stick to their already successful franchise this year due to recession or whatever reason ... looks like Market is open for codies to grab !!! not sure if they also abandon their game and we'll have to use patches to upgrade Cricket 07 for this ASHES and T20 world cup ...

well that might be one good reason, i just picket up cricket 2002 04 05 and blc 05 and 07 for ps 2 pretty cheap to keep me going on my ps3 , i forgot how good 04 was its a good challange on hard and has all the grounds etc
looking forward to cricket 20?? if we get one ;)
just remembered i put a post early on in this thread that official playstation mag ran
Codemasters and ea will release new ps3 cricket games to tie in with this summers ashes series.
That sounds good as its a sony mag lets hope may be true

Last edited:
Basically the lesson here, is don't listen to people (or websites) which claim to know more then everyone else. Generally it is all rumour and hot air. There is going to be a game released by EA

Well he ought to know more than most and his comments are a bit strange. I suppose it's possible they've pulled the plug but there definitely was a game...

I think he is just trying to keep everyone waiting for it. I am sure that they know previous games have been rubbish and that the fans are desperate for a new game, so the longer they wait for the news, the more that are likely to buy it.

Waiting for the cricket 09...........But Ea sports are creating fifa game every year but they are not doing it for cricket.........why it is like it??????????:(

Waiting for the cricket 09...........But Ea sports are creating fifa game every year but there not doing it for cricket.........why it is like it??????????:(

Probably because every nation in the world plays some element of football/soccer etc.

Only a handful play cricket a degree of relevance. Much smaller market to aim at, but seeing as a large part of the UK/Australasia will buy the game, I really don't understand it myself.

The game does not exist ... I wondet why I still able to register the copy of Cricket 09 on EA website. Its puzzling !!

Users who are viewing this thread