Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

It could also mean they will make official announcment in April, if the game is scheduled to to released in May , as EA only made official announments just a month before the release date and try to keep it secret until then !!

I'll buy it.

Has anyone emailed EA. Actually thats a bad idea because they are the most annoying company ever.

I hope on the new version I'll actually be able to hear some sound instead of Mark Nicholas on helium with world war 3 going on behind him. Never actually played any with sound yet.

I'm guessing we'll have some official stuff soon and they're just trying to keep it all quiet.

From their point of view there isn't any point in telling people officially that its gonna happen as people are excited and looking forward to it on the basis of a few hints, give em an official annoucement it could kill them resulting in sales loss :p

i will try buy it,
but there is no official announcement for this game,no even in gaming sites:mad

Idk, the shop thing seems pretty legit. 8th may, looking pretty good at this point.

I'll buy it for PC. We know by now with EA that patches are required to make it half decent.

Hopefully, we'll have online play. That is good enough for me.

I'll probably end up buying it even though it will be rubbish. I mean for starters it's called Twenty20 Cricket, Does that mean it will have T20 Cricket only? For years I have been waiting for a Cricket Game that has High-Def Graphics, Realistic Gameplay, Licensed everything and just basically a game which I can play without criticising...

I have replied to Peter Moore's blog but I doubt I will get a response, I basically requested a hint that the game is coming but didn't ask to be told release dates or anything. Tried to be polite, thought that might win him over, haha.

It won't just be for the Wii as on the classification thing it said Multi-platform so it shouldn't be Wii only

Apparently many games registered as multi-platform eventually become exclusive to the Wii. That is why there has been so much specualtion about this game being on the Wii.

skater added 0 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

Hopefully EA won't be stupid enough to make the new cricket title a Wii exclusive. I wouldn't put it past them though, they only released Cricket 08 on mobile phones!

There is no way EA would do that, more people have requested a next-gen cricket game than a Wii one!

Apparently many games registered as multi-platform eventually become exclusive to the Wii. That is why there has been so much specualtion about this game being on the Wii.

Care to name some of those?

Cricket 09 will come out on PC and then PS3, 360 and Wii, possibly PS2 as well, but hopefully not. EA will want to make as much money as possible, and that'll mean releasing it on as many consoles/platforms as possible.

It might be released on Wii a while before it is on other platforms, however, as that is what is happening with EA Tennis 2010.

8th of may.. :hpraise:hpraise:hpraise
my birthday aswell :)
haha i cannot wait :D

Users who are viewing this thread