Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

I think under Peter Moore's regime it will only take one cricket game for there to be a succession. They will become a regular thing. He seems to be getting EA Sports into order, they're finally producing consistent quality games and they haven't really had a stinker since Cricket 07. They've got a new tennis franchise starting up this autumn, so with this new found emphasis on British summer sports let's hope cricket isn't forgotten.

Meh, if Codies decided to ignore the feedback given to them by members/admins of this community and the resulting game was crap, that is there financial fault. EA is bad but it is miles better than BLIC.
You are forgetting that BLIC 07 topped the sales charts in both the UK and Australasia for quite a while and vastly outsold Cricket 07.

A good way to think about cricket is to think about what generally always would happen if you played a game at lunch time at school, someone would come along, bat and then leave. Cricket video games have to tap in to that market to be successful in terms of overall sales, it doesn't result in a good game, but that isn't needed for sales success.

A perfect cricket game would be the smashing around the park affair that results in a fun pick up and play game on low difficulty, but become realistic at a higher one, to appeal to both sets of fans. If compromises are made, they will always go towards what will earn them the most amount of sales dollars, the casual cricket gamer.

A video game has to be fun to play as a game to make money, a completely realistic cricket game isn't going to do that. But the ideal is to be like many of the other EA Sports games, and have the realistic stuff beneath the surface for the people who want it, like FIFA is a great simulation of Football, but you can still play the kick 20 goals in 10 minutes on easy sort of game, which is more fun, but less like Football.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. Makes me think that this Twenty20 game being bandied about by the NZ games site might be real, because EA want to tap into the casual market. You can't have a cricket game without Test cricket though, so I hope they cater for us as well.

Cricket 2004 is the best among the series so far..lets hope Cricket 2009 to be best......

Cricket 2004 is the best among the series so far..lets hope Cricket 2009 to be best......
You haven't got time to talk about cricket games, you need to prepare your plan to beat England. :D

Rofl comment skater. Are EA working on this game? or have finished the work and waiting to release?

The downside of online play is that there will be less room for patching, modified EXEs would be impossible, and there would be some issues over people gaining unfair advantages by using a custom patch.

But I'd be shocked if they don't include it, it is a given with a next-gen game.

I think under Peter Moore's regime it will only take one cricket game for there to be a succession. They will become a regular thing. He seems to be getting EA Sports into order, they're finally producing consistent quality games and they haven't really had a stinker since Cricket 07. They've got a new tennis franchise starting up this autumn, so with this new found emphasis on British summer sports let's hope cricket isn't forgotten.

And Peter Moore is a huge cricket fan as he said in one of his latest blogs, I really can sense a cricket game is coming!

IMO online play is a must. But a bigger must is the bowling cursor in online play. They need to use the cursor style from cricket 2004. It is always moving, the size of the cursor depends on the accuracy of the bowler. With this method, it should make it much harder to bowl balls in the the same place every time. Also, to stop exploits you should only be able to use the default fields online, this will stop people from packing the offside and bowling wide. Things like these must be taken into consideration.

Yeah if they make online they would definitely consider these things. They got the skill, the power and the time. But they dont use them on a cricket game(at least so far:p).

Just a small help for all the EA Cricket fans. Check EA Press for all the updates and press releases about EA's new games. They may release some information about their coming Cricket game.:)

Meh, if Codies decided to ignore the feedback given to them by members/admins of this community and the resulting game was crap, that is there financial fault. EA is bad but it is miles better than BLIC.
So you want to say that BLIC is crap as you said EA Cricket crap and then better than BLIC. BLIC/RPIC was more popular than EA Sports Cricket (TM) in Australia and UK.

The quality of the cut scenes were far better than EA Cricket from my point of view. Anyway, everyone has its own point of view:).

Problem with online play is the amount of overs. Twenty20 is the new fad and that certainly seems like enough.

Imagine playing a Test match, I'd block all day. :D

Hitty I already check it and didn't find any bit information I also mail ea and they said ask in forum and there was no cricket forum. It shows EA Interest about cricket:mad:

What EA need to do is enable a save option for Test Matches and One Day games. That way you can play a session/50 overs then save the game, and come back later or the next day. If they setup some sort of online friend system, it would enable people to have the time to play the longer forms of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread