Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

Cool down angry young man. I just posted as I wasn't knowing about this.
Well you are about the third person in this thread, and there have been several threads made in the past with the same idea. Anyone can edit wikipedia, so it is only as true as the references it points to, what conclusions people draw from that is quite often very far from actual knowledge.

By the way, PC expects new cricket game every year and register a domain for it. When nothing comes out from EA. wasn't a loss for Planetcricket?
Domains are cheap, which is why EA registering one doesn't prove anything. People are really clutching at the slightest of things here, and recently repeating what has been already posted.

While this is called the release speculation thread, a bunch of different sites with their wild interpretation of the OFLC page isn't helpful. The only real detail now can come from EA, all we can do now is confirm Cricket 09's existence.

The next person who says that something on wikipedia is proof that something relating to any circket game is true will be banned.

I saw on wiki that there is going to be penguin cricket in 09 ;)

Cool down angry young man. I just posted as I wasn't knowing about this. By the way, PC expects new cricket game every year and register a domain for it. When nothing comes out from EA, wasn't that a loss for Planetcricket?

You really are annoying. You currently are still classed as the lowest member going around due to your past history around here.

I reckon the best chance of knowing is for people to continue to post on Peter Moore's blogs requesting info on cricket games. He tends to release blogs on a weekly basis so I'm gunna keep an eye on that.

PeterMooreBlog

I sent an email to Mighty Ape asking if the game is available on PS3. Here is what they replied

"I have checked with our suppliers release schedules however there isn't any sign of EA Sports ICC Cricket 09: 20/20 World Cup on PS3 on our release schedules yet.

We will be stocking it assuming it is officially released in New Zealand at some stage in the near future."

Yes ... but for now its available only on PC for pre-order

can't wait for this game to come out.. hope it comes out on all consoles.

The next person who says that something on wikipedia is proof that something relating to any circket game is true will be banned. There was a Cricket 08 article on Wikipedia, and there was a listing for it under the future games section of the EA Sports article early last year, it didn't make that true, and until there is some actual detail from EA on this, all things you see are speculation.

As for domains fifa10.com for example is owned by EA and so is rugby09.com, it doesn't really indicate much.

That's a bit harsh. You'll have trouble getting support from your admin/mod friends for that. Remember we are in the cricket 09 speculation thread right?
I truly believe that a cricket game is coming. To have all this information at once and just ignore it is rediculous.

For now all we can do is speculate. If you feel that way why don't you close this thread. Geez.

Also in the website it showed the servers were sedns.ea.com
swdns.ea.com

Last edited:
Jesus, looks like many people in this community weren't born with a sense of humour. He was joking.....:rolleyes: Lighten up, get those knickers all un-twisted

Here Here,

Whats all the fuss about anyway, we all know its gonna be a poorly funded money grabbing attempt at a cricket game with a match engine no better than 07 and barley better graphics.

If this game doesn't have manual appeals, hawkeye, shots that can go in more that 4 directions, realistic bowling actions, or powerplays. I will.... I'll....Ill Write EA a very nasty letter.:mad:

Here Here,

Whats all the fuss about anyway, we all know its gonna be a poorly funded money grabbing attempt at a cricket game with a match engine no better than 07 and barley better graphics.

If this game doesn't have manual appeals, hawkeye, shots that can go in more that 4 directions, realistic bowling actions, or powerplays. I will.... I'll....Ill Write EA a very nasty letter.:mad:

You'll probably get none of those, if you're lucky, power-plays.

Users who are viewing this thread