Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

So you want to say that BLIC is crap as you said EA Cricket crap and then better than BLIC. BLIC/RPIC was more popular than EA Sports Cricket (TM) in Australia and UK.

The quality of the cut scenes were far better than EA Cricket from my point of view. Anyway, everyone has its own point of view:).

I meant when a bunch of people went down to Codies to test it and give feedback and they were completely ignored. Also if I remember correctly, there was a massive advertising campaign for BLIC in the UK, whilst I didn't see a single 07 advert on TV.

i hope there is online play,manger mode,pro mode in cricket 09,
i dont want crysis or mirror edge type graphic in cricket 09, i want to see a game with decent graphic and good game play:hpraise
those who can make fifa 09 and mirror edge type game i hope they will make a good cricket game this year :cheers

You haven't got time to talk about cricket games, you need to prepare your plan to beat England. :D

I'll Play in the tea break and lunch break and i'll keep thinking about the game plans....:)

Thanks skater I will ask soon abt C09

I'm already involved in the EA cricket forums and people are always asking for info on Cricket titles, there is nothing at the moment but the mods promise that as soon as they are allowed to discuss cricket titles they will supply EA forum users with information immediately

But it is worth getting an EA account for the latest gossip

Just a small confirmation from latest sources. It will be "Cricket 09" instead of "Cricket 9". I just came across to official game listings like wikipedia, australia classification and EA's website.

It has brought too much excitement in me:D

The next person who says that something on wikipedia is proof that something relating to any circket game is true will be banned. There was a Cricket 08 article on Wikipedia, and there was a listing for it under the future games section of the EA Sports article early last year, it didn't make that true, and until there is some actual detail from EA on this, all things you see are speculation.

As for domains fifa10.com for example is owned by EA and so is rugby09.com, it doesn't really indicate much.

The only proof so far (& is very solid) is the Australian Classification board, rating a game made by EA Canada (Probably by HB Studios). EA wont ask for classification unless the game is ready or close to be released. Once they invested they want to release it ASAP to get the returns. They wont hold it for a year or two. It will be released before ASHES

The next person who says that something on wikipedia is proof that something relating to any circket game is true will be banned. There was a Cricket 08 article on Wikipedia, and there was a listing for it under the future games section of the EA Sports article early last year, it didn't make that true, and until there is some actual detail from EA on this, all things you see are speculation.

As for domains fifa10.com for example is owned by EA and so is rugby09.com, it doesn't really indicate much.

i just found is this, may be a prove:p
Cricket09.com:cool:

It may be proof and not prove:p.
How do you guys find such websites?

HB Studios are the guys who made the last 2 EA Cricket games, according to their website (on the right hand side where it says "In Development") they have finished Rock Revolution and have 6 other games in development, it is concievable that one of these is the cricket game:

hb studios

Cool down angry young man. I just posted as I wasn't knowing about this. By the way, PC expects new cricket game every year and register a domain for it. When nothing comes out from EA, wasn't that a loss for Planetcricket?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread