Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

We cant expect anything more from Electronic Arts,mate.Just need to be happy with the eye candies we get till we see the release of a 100% completed TAOC.

That's why patchmakers are here;).

Stick with 07 and save yourself money and time

I for one am not too keen on seeing IPL/ICL in the game but can understand our sub-continent friends may like to see it. I am much more interested in seeing all international teams fully licensed, more fully licenced domestic leagues, something like Shane Warne '99 had in its 10 season tour thing, stuff like that that will encompass all genres of the game, not just focus on 20/20 with the others thrown in to be able to say it has all three versions

I agree, gameplay is still number one and then the international scene, things I think that will be lacking in this re-hash :rolleyes:

oh well we are a tough lot to please. I am happy to have any cricket game, i bet the facts get better as the days go on. Lets have online play , and ps3 and 360 please

Why they would get the license for the Champions Trophy before the World Cup seems strange to me.

Why they would get the license for the Champions Trophy before the World Cup seems strange to me.
Either the World Cup license is still with Codemasters or it hasn't been sold yet because of the uncertainty about the location of the next World Cup.

Great, so that is the info I've been waiting for ages, isn't it. :rolleyes: Screw you EA, get us information about the gameplay. :p

I guess the next thing I'll hear is that it uses Securom Protection.

The most interested thing so far is Historical Matches. I was waiting for a feature like this. That means there will be the roster of Legendary players too that may make it quite interesting.

The game might be released during ICC Champions Trophy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been playing computer games since the days of Amiga and Commodore and I can tell you some of those games got a lot more right than the games of today.

Its sad that while everyone other sports has taken giant strides cricket games have gone nowhere.

I mean EA had cricket 96, yet they completely rechanged for 97 then again for 2002. I don't know why they dont improve on what they have.

They try to reinvent the wheel and lose what was good about the previous games.

I mean Ian Botham cricket released in 1985-86 had more realsitc ball physics than games of today.

Cricket 96 had much smoother and realstic bowler actions than games of Today.

Cricket 96 gor the bowling really right, it was the batting that was messed up. I wish they could have just kept cricket 96 and improved on that.

Just look at how slow the some of the spinners bowl in today's games, its not possible according to the law of physics for any ball to go that far that slow!!

So my point is the features mentioned today are in simple words rubbish.

I rather have unnamed, teams, no licenses, one stadium, as long as the basic gameplay is fun

all this extra crap should be after thought.

i mean its like eating food, you can make ur presentation as good as you want, but if it tastes ****, someone is going to spit it out

So my point is the features mentioned today are in simple words rubbish.
Well it may rubbish for some people but I think its a improvement and I must say "BIG" improvement.

mean its like eating food, you can make ur presentation as good as you want, but if it tastes ****, someone is going to spit it out
What you want to tell exactly? :rolleyes:

Well it may rubbish for some people but I think its a improvement and I must say "BIG" improvement.

What you want to tell exactly? :rolleyes:
How can anyone say it is a big improvement, if an improvement at all? They've swapped one license for another, one set of classic matches for another, and one commentator for another. All of these features are going to get very tired very quickly. What we want to see is a vastly improved AI or graphical overhaul.

Damn too much info it will take me a day to read all.Hope somebody had cut it down to 10 parts for easiness of readers:crying.We just need release date as we might all know the same thing with different cover.

How can anyone say it is a big improvement, if an improvement at all? They've swapped one license for another, one set of classic matches for another, and one commentator for another. All of these features are going to get very tired very quickly. What we want to see is a vastly improved AI or graphical overhaul.
Well, I don't care about the gameplay (AI) if it is editable. All I care most in motions and cutscenes.

Damn too much info it will take me a day to read all.Hope somebody had cut it down to 10 parts for easiness of readers.We just need release date as we might all know the same thing with different cover.
You may have to wait for some more time to get this. Don't worry, you can read it whenever you want. It is not running anywhere:p

I wouldn't bother Lee,

Hitterman would get excited over a newly created chocolate bar, putting in a new commentator and a few new features which will become boring after their first play will almost certainly send him over the edge.

I say "new," so loosely it could almost be Pamela Anderson, they aren't new, they're EA's favourite flavour - rehashes!

I wonder if EA read PC, if they do, would you think they feel ashamed? Or do you think they laugh because we still go out and buy their products?

I'd imagine it'd be the latter.

Has any one any idea whether it will be based on flawed and rediculous 2005, 2007 engine or will it be made from scratch? I hope they start it from scratch. I will really hate CK2009 to be an update of CK2007.

I concur Simon, although I highly doubt they even bother to look here, let alone look at the patches made by some of the members. They just keep on exploiting the kids here who they con by making it look fancy but really it is just garbage. I wont be buying it, although if I get to test it beforehand I still doubt it will be impressive. I'll still be sticking to '05 which us few patchers have managed to make pretty damn good.

I help run a forum which has a game made by GSC. They are fantastic, release loads of patches, post on the forums, listen to the members and have even included a few patches in sequels or in future releases. They make EA look like amateurs

Highlander999 added 0 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Has any one any idea whether it will be based on flawed and rediculous 2005, 2007 engine or will it be made from scratch? I hope they start it from scratch. I will really hate CK2009 to be an update of CK2007.

It won't be being made from scratch your favourite bugs will still be there :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'll still be sticking to '05 which us few patchers have managed to make pretty damn good.
Even I still think that the game can't be better than Cricket 05 but will be improved than C07.

Hitterman would get excited over a newly created chocolate bar, putting in a new commentator and a few new features which will become boring after their first play will almost certainly send him over the edge.
Well its not always weird to taste the new chocolate bar. Some times the flavour may be changed.:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread