Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

This is the second time you have posted this would you mind elaborating it more precisely as I never encountered season mode thingy except the dumb old county season repetitions.

They did have the season mode planned for Cricket 2004 but they could not implement it because of the rushed release. However, patchmakers at PC found out that there were references of season mode in the menus which were hidden and also in the xml files. Das_vicky even though it could be finished.

Peter Moore has been talking to Eurogamer about Cricket:

Eurogamer: One sport that I can see would benefit enormously from MotionPlus is cricket. This is something you've commented on in your blog recently...

Peter Moore: Yes!

Eurogamer: And in response to all the rumours doing the rounds... If I can quote you, you said: "If and when we have an announcement to make about a title, we will do so in a timely and structured manner". Perfectly reasonable position to adopt. You also said: "No amount of persistent pushing can create a game that does not exist." Which sounds pretty definitive. Are you absolutely saying there is no cricket game, there has not been a cricket game in the works?

Peter Moore: I'll be very clear. Obviously, there's always rumours abounding for what we're developing, what people would like, and they think that if they say enough and they mount a petition...

I can't create games. Particularly right now when we look at the more difficult business decisions we have to make, and unfortunately EA had to let 1,100 people go as you saw before the holidays. And so the decisions I have to make as a business leader are based on: how do I make sure I'm generating the revenue that I need to keep my people employed, and keep putting capital back in the investments we do in sport? So I will just reiterate the words you read just then from my blog. And the announcement thing I'll deal with separately, but there's no plans to announce anything right now about cricket.

Only cuddles could assuage the shame of being at the Emirates.

Eurogamer: Is cricket important to EA?

Peter Moore: We've done it before. We've done rugby before. I don't want to call it a second-tier game, but it's a regional game. We're not going to sell a lot of cricket in the US. At the same time, if you'd asked me maybe three years ago, if I'd been in this role, will you have the ability to take some risks, I might have been more bullish on taking more risks with games of maybe a regional nature that can't drive the global business.

You saw one of the strategic pillars we have for EA Sports is to globalise the business. But that doesn't mean regionalise, that doesn't mean sports that are only impactful in certain countries. And so we have to make difficult decisions every single year about where we put our money and where we don't put our money, because I have people's jobs in my hands. And if a game doesn't pan out the way we expected it to then jobs are in jeopardy, and I take that very, very seriously.

Source:
EA Sports' Peter Moore Interview - Page 1 /// Eurogamer - Games Reviews, News and More

From a business point of view, that makes absolute sense. For a cricket fan, thats absolute bullshit

Anti climatic? i think it would be regarding the player model which might not be new....

Anti climatic? i think it would be regarding the player model which might not be new....
It might be a late april fool joke too. You can expect everything from PlanetCricket.net:p

Get ready to see some weird thing tomorrow;)

Oh well, if you guys didn't want the free copies of the game that is fine........

We'll just have to sell them on ebay instead and put it towards the staff holiday to the South of France

hmmm....from the batting and bowling announcements, its quite evident
that the makers are in love with EA Cricket 99/2000 !!
They must be in contact with Creative Assembly.

Oh well, if you guys didn't want the free copies of the game that is fine........
Nothing is free in this world. Everything free thing is an evil teaser for the innocent people. I would probably prefer to buy the game spending my own money.

is it me or does mr moore hate cricket,:crying
he still can`t admit there is any cricket game , and sounds like there will never be one ,
if they did something special it would sell , online play would help and next gen.

Lets hope day five can wow us with facts please :hpraise
;)#
ps our only hope is codemasters , when can we have a thread for ashes 09

is it me or does mr moore hate cricket,:crying
he still can`t admit there is any cricket game , and sounds like there will never be one ,
if they did something special it would sell , online play would help and next gen.

Lets hope day five can wow us with facts please :hpraise
;)#
ps our only hope is codemasters , when can we have a thread for ashes 09
There is already thread in Blic 2007 forum

Yes, no-one buying the game will really teach EA a lesson. Probably that it's not worth making cricket games.
Actually I'd say it should teach them that they can't just keep recycling the same old pap year after year putting no effort into it and charging full price for something that anyone with any morals would just admit is an update and not worth more than a tenner!

Why they have wasted their time on new control methods when there are real issues with it is beyond me. Mouse plus new competitions does not equal a new game. If that's all the effort they are going to put in, then no, its not worth them making cricket games, their time would have been better spent actually watching some cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread