Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

Well if that's accurate I think it's a crazy marketing decision by EA. Clearly interest is going to be generated by the Ashes summer and by the time we reach November interest will have dropped off massively.
I thought Codies suffered last time round from the fact EA released first and I think EA will suffer badly as well.
As far as we're aware the game is finished so I can't understand the logic behind a November release. That said it's only one website saying that and we've got no information either way.

That's eerie. But was the release stated for the Full version? Because they might do a demo release to keep the interest still.

I'll not mind though. There's a flood of cricket games this year.

........Best of luck EA! :p

Until there's an official announcement, my advice is never to trust game websites on release dates. The majority of the time, they get it wrong and are just guessing to get preorders.

Another point is that that is a South African website, so the release date they have may not be the same as the one in the UK or Australia or the subcontinent.

We'll have to see what happens once EA actually admit there is a game.

Admit there's a game? Aren't the PC "exclusives" on EA Cricket 09 an admission of the game's existence? I'm under the impression the PC exclusives are part of EA's official (however warped it might be) strategy to promote the game, and have been shared with PC officially. Or is it that the admins put together some information based on their sources and created a 5 day information release schedule? Please clarify.

Unless, your statement above was in reference to the next-gen EA game, I'm confused by it. As, for me, EA has already admitted there's a game by sharing the exclusives with PC.

may be they also want to compete codies by making PS3 and 360 version thats why they are delaying the announcment.

If its released in Nov then it will be Called Cricket 10

Everyone were excited by Ea c2k09 but suddenly Codemasters came silently. Now,if it is in november then i am sure Ea will regret for their decision.

Admit there's a game? Aren't the PC "exclusives" on EA Cricket 09 an admission of the game's existence? I'm under the impression the PC exclusives are part of EA's official (however warped it might be) strategy to promote the game, and have been shared with PC officially. Or is it that the admins put together some information based on their sources and created a 5 day information release schedule? Please clarify.

Unless, your statement above was in reference to the next-gen EA game, I'm confused by it. As, for me, EA has already admitted there's a game by sharing the exclusives with PC.

We've got the info based on our various sources. It wasn't an official EA announcement. As I've said before in this thread we're all slightly mystified by why Peter Moore seems to be going out of his way to deny there is a game when we know perfectly well that there is. We've had confirmation since about February. So to answer your question EA haven't "shared" the exclusives with us and since their communications department is legendary for its lack of, we'll have to wait a bit longer for "official" confirmation I suspect. As Peter Moore said on one of his blogs it's all down to licensing. I'd be a bit suprised if they hadn't said something before the 20Twenty WC starts since they have the license but nothing really suprises me with EA anymore.

barmyarmy added 1 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

may be they also want to compete codies by making PS3 and 360 version thats why they are delaying the announcment.

If its released in Nov then it will be Called Cricket 10

An amusing theory but sadly wrong. EA don't have a PS3, 360 cricket game to release at present.

God knows what EA are upto, maybe they're just abandoning the current game and waiting for Trine to finish up theirs this year itself to release as Cricket 10? Follow's the tradition...

I actually have a doubt in mind!
Can there be a possibility for Trine to develop a game for EA?(i.e Trine's cricket 10)
I read in some forums that they are developing it for someone else and the screenies show that the kits are licensed(including BCCI which i highly doubt Trine could manage to buy).

Now EA has the licenses for ICC Champions trophy and ICC WC T20 right? Then those screenies could be the ingame ones from any of these tournaments thereby including all the kits licenses?

What do you people think?

Users who are viewing this thread