Cricket 19 General Discussion

Has anyone been able to hit the 'helicopter shot' to where its like supposed to go,i.e. either straight or in the region around midwicket. I've been trying to hit it for some time now, messed around with all the difficulties from easiest to the hardest, yet the batsman either hits it to fine leg or hits it onto him to square leg area..

Has anyone been able to hit the 'helicopter shot' to where its like supposed to go,i.e. either straight or in the region around midwicket. I've been trying to hit it for some time now, messed around with all the difficulties from easiest to the hardest, yet the batsman either hits it to fine leg or hits it onto him to square leg area..

Nah. Tried a few today but with easiest difficulty. All I had was the batsman hitting the balls to the square leg area which isn't the prupose of the shot. But was funny though. The other special shots work fine though and mainly the ramp that goes over the keeper's head

Nah. Tried a few today but with easiest difficulty. All I had was the batsman hitting the balls to the square leg area which isn't the prupose of the shot. But was funny though. The other special shots work fine though and mainly the ramp that goes over the keeper's head
I had issues trying ramp shot to spinners and the animation is of reverse sweep and goes to extra cover region.

Open faced helmets were there in DBC14 and 17 as part of Retro kits. They were ignored in Ashes cricket 17, this time for cricket 19 we can enjoy retro games with open faced helmets without grill.

Reactions: DAP
Enjoyed the vid. Please please please could someone kindly post a very brief vid of a backfoot leg/hip glance. If someone could do that then I could maybe chill a little and just wait for console release date. Thank you.
I've just given this a go...it is tough to do...but I've managed a couple I think...you be the judge. I'll post the video once I've cut out down to size a bit. The leg glance off the front foot is a lot easier and looks good. (Off topic: I've been to Pity Me! Know the area quite well)

@MattW Using standard controls, advanced aggressive and precision triggers advanced lofted (attacking) shots. Advanced defensive works fine.

@TerryAlderman let me know if this is what you're looking for. There are a couple of leg glances off the backfoot (one near the start and one at the end). They are difficult to play but I might also need to play with the configuration of the Steam Controller I'm using as I've just used defaults for this. I tried this with balls that were slightly fuller than this and couldn't connect with any leg glance...and shot selection gets flagged as Poor in these cases.

@TerryAlderman let me know if this is what you're looking for. There are a couple of leg glances off the backfoot (one near the start and one at the end). They are difficult to play but I might also need to play with the configuration of the Steam Controller I'm using as I've just used defaults for this. I tried this with balls that were slightly fuller than this and couldn't connect with any leg glance...and shot selection gets flagged as Poor in these cases.

Thanks for posting. That I've seen a couple of leg glances has given me great encouragement. I can't recall either DB14 or the previous ashes game having them at all! You say the shot is difficult to play....maybe the games coding decides what type of shot animation gets played down the legside...be it a glance or more of a pull. No worries....if there is a way to play a leg glance shot in the game....then believe me I'll find a way to play it...and play it well!!

The back foot leg glances look great...just wish there was a reliable way to play them. Maybe with defensive or precision trigger?

Thanks for posting. That I've seen a couple of leg glances has given me great encouragement. I can't recall either DB14 or the previous ashes game having them at all! You say the shot is difficult to play....maybe the games coding decides what type of shot animation gets played down the legside...be it a glance or more of a pull. No worries....if there is a way to play a leg glance shot in the game....then believe me I'll find a way to play it...and play it well!!
I have been trying and the only time it gets triggered is if the ball is pitched leg stump or down. All other occasions it pull gets triggered.
Front foot glances are easier to connect.

Players in the demo are looking amazing but pitches visuality is blurry and lacking clarity. There is no difference between grass and hard pitch visually. Hope it is improved in full game.

Noticeable visual variation in pitch surfaces has been something asked for for a few years now. If it's not in now, it should be perhaps looked at for a patch. It's been said many times that the old Brian Lara/Shane Warne '99 got this right for it's time and it should be looked at again. Of course that game had to slightly exaggerate the colours etc (very green green wickets and darker green damp ones), but they were distinct and played distinctly from one another too and that's very important.

Noticed the same, even though I'm trying to hit to mid on region, the ball goes to square leg.
Special shots does need some fixing to be done by BA.

The back foot leg glances look great...just wish there was a reliable way to play them. Maybe with defensive or precision trigger?
I think the key is the line and height. I probably need to experiment more but, as I said, I had to set the bowling marker to be quite short before the leg glance shot would connect off the back foot. I wouldn't necessarily advocate needing to use an additional trigger or button to select a leg glance rather than the pull shot...because I really struggle to select an extra button without premeditating...just my slow reactions. However, there should be some stick position (say 6 o'clock on LS and RS) that triggers the glance for balls pitching on leg...maybe there is...as I said, I might have to configure my controller as Steam Controllers can be quite sensitive for RS so I tend to adjust the sensitivity when actually playing the game.

Users who are viewing this thread