Cricket 19 General Discussion

Yeah its a bummer you have to wait as the patch version is much much better of course.
I’m playing the casual modes for now to get a feel of it but I will be starting career mode once we get the patch.

Question about defensive shots.

When playing forward and back foot defense, the animation results in the ball just losing all its pace and the batsman dead bats it with extremely soft hands. Basically the action all appears to slow down and all the 'impact' is neutralised.

Not only does this slightly spoil the immersion when facing up to a 150kph bowler, it also means the ball always just lands next to the batsman killing any chance of a single.

Would be awesome if the ball hit the bat hard even on defensive shots and it would ping off off the square to the extent that a single was possible. Especially when you play it late and close to your eyes.

Is this something that is patchable?

Last edited:
I’m a bit odd and like everything to look like it would on TV.

So bowl on bowling far and bat in Broadcast 1 I think?

Pitch marker for me but only showing it very last minute with no length indicator. Nothing else turned on. No bowling HUD or anything.

Sliders default atm but don’t mind having a little tweak. What they are there for after all.

Veteran Hard - but I have upped ok input edge chance up, and it’s a great sweet spot of really having to concentrate!

Wealey, how do you turn on/off the pitch indicator? I was trying to use pitch indicator instead of the aerial ball marker but wasn't able to find the setting. I'm sure I'm missing something and would appreciate if you can point me to the right setting.

Question about fielder positioning inside the circle.

At the moment still feel that the fielders always stand at the edge of the circle, making a single every ball pretty easy if you just hit and run. This affects how you play the game because can keep the score ticking away easily without feeling the pressure of being tied down and then having to risk a big shot (thinking 50 over ODIs here).

Are any of these feasible options for addressing this?
A) Can fielders walk in more aggressively so that at least they start off with some running momentum?
B) Is it possible to have some additional fielding positions that are halfway, e.g. between the 'short cover' and the 'edge of the circle' cover?
C) Is it possible to bring the fielders closer to the pitch similar to how the keeper and slips can be brought up?

Wealey, how do you turn on/off the pitch indicator? I was trying to use pitch indicator instead of the aerial ball marker but wasn't able to find the setting. I'm sure I'm missing something and would appreciate if you can point me to the right setting.

Just in setting mate down with the feedback stuff I think!!

Choice to have it colored or just black.

Colored as in length indication.

Question about fielder positioning inside the circle.

At the moment still feel that the fielders always stand at the edge of the circle, making a single every ball pretty easy if you just hit and run. This affects how you play the game because can keep the score ticking away easily without feeling the pressure of being tied down and then having to risk a big shot (thinking 50 over ODIs here).

Are any of these feasible options for addressing this?
A) Can fielders walk in more aggressively so that at least they start off with some running momentum?
B) Is it possible to have some additional fielding positions that are halfway, e.g. between the 'short cover' and the 'edge of the circle' cover?
C) Is it possible to bring the fielders closer to the pitch similar to how the keeper and slips can be brought up?

Only so many times can say it’s been noted

When playing forward and back foot defense, the animation results in the ball just losing all its pace and the batsman dead bats it with extremely soft hands. Basically the action all appears to slow down and all the 'impact' is neutralised.

Not only does this slightly spoil the immersion when facing up to a 150kph bowler, it also means the ball always just lands next to the batsman killing any chance of a single.

Would be awesome if the ball hit the bat hard even on defensive shots and it would ping off off the square to the extent that a single was possible. Especially when you play it late and close to your eyes.

In DBC17 there was an option to lightly press the defensive trigger so you could prod the ball around with defensive strokes. It was sadly removed in Ashes and I'm all for bringing it back as defensive shots do drop dead, but I asked during Ashes and never really got a reply.

I assume it's a design choice and unlikely to return, but would be great if it did.

Squeezing the defense trigger less vigorously gives a defensive push effect and sends the ball further.

I have never been a fan of the fact that the ball drops dead especially because it means the fielders are always stepping on a part of the pitch that is illegal to do so![DOUBLEPOST=1559243947][/DOUBLEPOST]
In DBC17 there was an option to lightly press the defensive trigger so you could prod the ball around with defensive strokes. It was sadly removed in Ashes and I'm all for bringing it back as defensive shots do drop dead, but I asked during Ashes and never really got a reply.

I assume it's a design choice and unlikely to return, but would be great if it did.
I thought it was back in with this game? Thats the way I play it anyway!

Squeezing the defense trigger less vigorously gives a defensive push effect and sends the ball further.

I have never been a fan of the fact that the ball drops dead especially because it means the fielders are always stepping on a part of the pitch that is illegal to do so!

Does this still work? Remember it was there in previous games and then disappeared.

I have never been a fan of the fact that the ball drops dead especially because it means the fielders are always stepping on a part of the pitch that is illegal to do so![DOUBLEPOST=1559243947][/DOUBLEPOST]
I thought it was back in with this game? Thats the way I play it anyway!

It's back?! Are you certain?!

Regarding AI field placements, they are vastly improved yet there are too many non-conventional field settings (e.g. long off and mid off at the same time).

To help the AI and keep things authentic, is it possible to reduce the number of field sets available to the most common standard ones, rather than give it the full freedom to choose?

Regarding AI field placements, they are vastly improved yet there are too many non-conventional field settings (e.g. long off and mid off at the same time).

To help the AI and keep things authentic, is it possible to reduce the number of field sets available to the most common standard ones, rather than give it the full freedom to choose?
This will be much improved in a further build.[DOUBLEPOST=1559244733][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm playing now. I dont think it is but you would be in a better position to clarify than me.
No indeed I was unfortunately wrong: I was half squeezing the trigger but the times the ball traveled further were more because of mistimed shots rather than a stronger defensive push. I will see if it can be added to the list of stuff being looked at though as it is and was a great addition to the defensive arsenal!

Users who are viewing this thread