Cricket 19 General Discussion

@Dutch

On your FAQ page could you add some info about pitch types and weather conditions and how they should affect the game? I think you and @WealeyH would be best placed to give some accurate info.

Not right now obviously, but I think this would be a useful addition. Changing the weather from cloudy to fine seem to make a massive difference in AI batting for example.

If I’m brutally honest.. pitches at the moment arnt quite right to me. They all do something and change but they arnt set up to suit the type.

I also no that that is being tweaked and worked on.

Weather is how you would expect. More swing in overcast etc.

But again theres so much to it. Anderson was swinging it round corners for me with the Swing King Perk on!

If I’m brutally honest.. pitches at the moment arnt quite right to me. They all do something and change but they arnt set up to suit the type.

I also no that that is being tweaked and worked on.

Weather is how you would expect. More swing in overcast etc.

But again theres so much to it. Anderson was swinging it round corners for me with the Swing King Perk on!

I honestly thought my career was bugged. I was seeing regular scores of under 100 in 3 day games and huge batting collapses on both sides.

Then I changed the weather to 'Fine' and 'hot' on a medium standard pitch and I'm seeing double centuries from the AI!

I honestly thought my career was bugged. I was seeing regular scores of under 100 in 3 day games and huge batting collapses on both sides.

Then I changed the weather to 'Fine' and 'hot' on a medium standard pitch and I'm seeing double centuries from the AI!

I think same with pitches it’s a little extreme either way atm.

Rather than subtle differences taking effect over time. It’s huge changes.

Will get there for sure. But it’s not how I would personally like it at the moment.

Reactions: DAP
Yes they are: I am sure someone will tell you how: I only seem to know what the right trigger is for :p
Hey Dutch, R3, then LT+RT allows grounded advance shots, and they work fine square of the wicket. Even the animations there seem new and very sleek. But every time I attempt it straight down the ground, it ends up as a defensive shot. I initially thought my controller was going bad so tried with the newer XboxOne controller; same issue. Is there a specific timing window to this?

Edit: I must add, this is in the Steam Demo.

I think same with pitches it’s a little extreme either way atm.

Rather than subtle differences taking effect over time. It’s huge changes.

Will get there for sure. But it’s not how I would personally like it at the moment.

Based on what I have seen I would agree.

But some clarity on the INTENDED effect of pitches would be good. Does grassy/dry mean a thin covering of grass on day 1 that gradually turns into a road?! Does dry or dusty generate the most spin etc etc.

Is it possible to play without any crowd noise and just the ambient sound? In the audio settings I have the crowd set to 0 and ambient set to max 100 but it's completely silent.

Hey Dutch, R3, then LT+RT allows grounded advance shots, and they work fine square of the wicket. Even the animations there seem new and very sleek. But every time I attempt it straight down the ground, it ends up as a defensive shot. I initially thought my controller was going bad so tried with the newer XboxOne controller; same issue. Is there a specific timing window to this?

Edit: I must add, this is in the Steam Demo.
Had a go at this and indeed if you press R3 and then the RT/LT for aggressive ground t will play the advanced defense push on some shots, especially straight....but without it it plays all round the park as far as I can see. Try the aggressive ground shots without pressing R3 first. Hope have understood what you actually mean!

I think they have reset the servers to install the 197 different camera angles people seem to want and at the same time added all the Pakistani faces. (Yes, sarcasm, the lowest form of wit)
Actually it's because I am currently uploading every Pakistan player to ever grace a field with playface

Moin Ali just hit a 145 Meyer Six. Surely there is something wrong with the calculation mechanism.

Had a go at this and indeed if you press R3 and then the RT/LT for aggressive ground t will play the advanced defense push on some shots, especially straight....but without it it plays all round the park as far as I can see. Try the aggressive ground shots without pressing R3 first. Hope have understood what you actually mean!
Yes, the LT+RT works as expected from the crease, i.e. without advancing with R3. It seems unlikely that they would have taken out only the straight advance grounded shots. Think it is a bug with input recognition and should be a relatively easy fix, whenever they get to it.

Users who are viewing this thread