Cricket 19 General Discussion

Razpor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
This should be the tagline for the entire series.

Just played a T20 on latest patch (1.10) - bowled NZ out for 60 and chased it down losing two wickets.

- 6 of the wickets I got were caught behind and 3 were caught in the outfield (2 inner ring and one on the boundary)
- Significantly Fewer edges flying to fine leg / third man boundary
- AI pushing 1s and 2s as well as boundaries. (Previously for me it was either dot or boundary for most of the innings)
- AI playing too many weird looking special shots (switch hits and reverse flicks)
- Still never run out the AI or even come close
well thats a lot but unfortunately might be a while before this gets fixed ,this game is a good middle step but hopefully the next game is even better with many brand new features,thats the hope.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
This should be the tagline for the entire series.

Just played a T20 on latest patch (1.10) - bowled NZ out for 60 and chased it down losing two wickets.

- 6 of the wickets I got were caught behind and 3 were caught in the outfield (2 inner ring and one on the boundary)
- Significantly Fewer edges flying to fine leg / third man boundary
- AI pushing 1s and 2s as well as boundaries. (Previously for me it was either dot or boundary for most of the innings)
- AI playing too many weird looking special shots (switch hits and reverse flicks)
- Still never run out the AI or even come close
What level were you playing to bowl out New Zealand for 60

khan31

International Coach
What level were you playing to bowl out New Zealand for 60

Pro with timing and run rate at 75, wicket chance at 50. Prior to this patch the AI has always made 150 - 190 losing various amounts of wickets.

If this match was a rare occurrence then that's brilliant because these things do happen but if this happens regularly then I'll have to change my settings.

Sahil70

Club Captain
AI Not changing their fields accordingly .... they stick with start of innings field settings till the match ends :(
is this in limited overs games?

in tests which is what I mostly play, they change a bit too much . more than once every over

D

Deleted member 185125

Question to those who have been playing Test Matches, what would be ideal AI difficulty for realistic scores? Pro/veteran/legend?

ndschan

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Been reading the comments above, don't think any game can cater to everyone's liking. Some might find too many edges as too little, I personally don't like it when I am able to drive on the up for a good length delivery in Tests and prefer more edges, also there are so many variables, weather, pitch conditions, skills, footwork etc. Best suggestion is, use the sliders and customize the game to your own preferences, it took me quite some time, until I hit that sweet spot.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Been reading the comments above, don't think any game can cater to everyone's liking. Some might find too many edges as too little, I personally don't like it when I am able to drive on the up for a good length delivery in Tests and prefer more edges, also there are so many variables, weather, pitch conditions, skills, footwork etc. Best suggestion is, use the sliders and customize the game to your own preferences, it took me quite some time, until I hit that sweet spot.
I don’t mind the edges, it’s the force that the
Question to those who have been playing Test Matches, what would be ideal AI difficulty for realistic scores? Pro/veteran/legend?
I’m playing on Veteran with batting hard and bowling medium. Run rate slider set at 35 and have tested it in about 6 test matches. The AI would score anything from 2.5 to 4 runs per over. Had one match where the openers scored at almost 5 rpo and were 49 without loss after 10 overs. Thought the run rate were set a bit high but kept playing at that setting. Took a couple of wickets and immediately the AI got into a more defensive mode. At the end of the first day they were 319 for 6. Found it very realistic the way that the AI’s approach changed every time wickets fell.

Amritkhaira

School Cricketer
Colour meter missing after patch 1.10 to select colours for shoes its invisible.

Attachments

• 15638698609911281234650.jpg
    15638698609911281234650.jpg
    892.8 KB · Views: 15

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Don’t mind the edges buddy. It’s the force that edges fly to the boundary. Also it’s very frustrating if the AI score close to a 100 runs just from all those super powered edges. This usually just happens in shorter formats of the game though.

Users who are viewing this thread