Cricket 19 General Discussion

Thats wishful thinking. There was no such game ever which didn't require a patch. And cricket is a complax game
I'm fine with sporadical patches. What i meant is that it should be good enough on release day.

I'm fine with sporadical patches. What i meant is that it should be good enough on release day.
Well BA have a history of releasing the first patch withing a week of release to make the game playable. Lets see. All depends on beta testing i guess

Well BA have a history of releasing the first patch withing a week of release to make the game playable. Lets see. All depends on beta testing i guess
Yeah if games crap I am definitely blaming those pesky beta testers ...

Brexit is still a disaster.
Cricket 19 is still out in May.
Yeah, but is May out?

To be vaguely relevant to the thread,
I hope the scenario mode it's not just on results of a match.
You can set up scenarios based on elements besides just the result, and we'd certainly look at expansions to what's in there already if people find that they aren't able to make the scenarios they want with the options that are there.

And as I think I saw someone asking - yes, there will be some provided scenarios built in for you to play, in addition to ones you can create or download.

I think the basic options for the scenario is to be able to pick 2 team , customize the score card for own liking , set the match date , set the pitch condition , ball age should be based on setup scorecard , the score setup shall be wholly custom that you can input the number of overs played in the innings , set runs and bowl for every batsmen and bowler. The AI should be smart enough to judge the match scenario.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed or not, but what is very important to getting an accurate feel to how the upcoming game plays, is skilling players abilities.

In Don Bradman '14 the game could be played very well and competitively without a heck of a lot of detailed player skilling, because to be honest a lot of them did very little to change any player significantly.

I never played Don Bradman '17 for long enough to tinker with all of the player abilities, but from memory, the skills did have more of an effect on the players there.

In Ashes Cricket, abilities definitely made a significant difference to how well a player's skills played out. For me though, the problem became that many teams are wildly out in their abilities to the point that it has a detrimental effect.

I've downloaded teams where fast bowlers who should be able to bowl around 145 are bowling 120 something, or the other way around are sending down around 160km/h with regular deliveries. Teams where World Class batsmen have skills in the 40's or less for shots which are their strength and overall are rated in the 60's-70's when they're World XI Squad level players! I play against friends of similar level to myself and the game can be like an unpredictable rollercoaster at times, with players going out despite you playing well and other people being impossible to get out because of the relative skills between the bowler, fielders and the batsman. I've seen a guy not go out caught 3 times in 2 overs, I noted who the players were and surprise, surprise their catching skills were in the 30's! International players are not that bad.

I spent some time with one team constantly tweaking skills up and down until it played right, but it took a looooooong time. It did prove that the issue could be fixed, but player skilling is very, very fiddly. You can't do it via teams, you have to go in via individual players. You can't see what your players regular bowling speed has been changed to, you have to play a game and try normal and effort balls and then go back and try again. There are almost too many skills to set and it's very hard to get right with the mountain of variables.

My point is that we want the game to play well and when 95% of Community squad creation is about kits and likenesses, it's hard to get teams that play as they should, especially when skilling is a monster chore.

If good gameplay balance is a priority, I'd implore Big Ant to make skilling an easier prospect. If the teams play erratically then the enjoyment of games goes. There's so much to like about Big Ant's cricket games, that it'd be great if they nailed down this crucial area. Player skilling a team accurately should not take the 4hrs+ it took me to get one playable International team. DBC '14 was much quicker, although that seemed to have a very limited effect compared to the newer games.

Reactions: DAP
Its about time we have some news update.
Donald Trump is cleared of conspiring with Russia.
Scott Walker is dead.
Brexit is still a disaster.
Cricket 19 is still out in May.
Would have been disappointed if this post didn't get the witty reply it deserved.

I wasn't disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread