Cricket 19 General Discussion

Batting has been really fun so far. When the bowlers are bowling well, it's a nice challenge. However, one thing I've noticed is the back foot shots are really dangerous to play. Played a back foot shot aimed towards square leg against Moeen Ali and expected a neat little dab towards that region, like how Steve Smith got so many of his runs against him. Instead what I saw was an ungainly pull shot with the bat swinging so high and the ball hitting my pads for an LBW.

I know that back foot batting has changed since DBC 14 and I hope Big Ant reconsider this area of batting. I love playing off the back foot, but right now it's just so risky to play as the animations aren't triggering right.

Batting has been really fun so far. When the bowlers are bowling well, it's a nice challenge. However, one thing I've noticed is the back foot shots are really dangerous to play. Played a back foot shot aimed towards square leg against Moeen Ali and expected a neat little dab towards that region, like how Steve Smith got so many of his runs against him. Instead what I saw was an ungainly pull shot with the bat swinging so high and the ball hitting my pads for an LBW.

I know that back foot batting has changed since DBC 14 and I hope Big Ant reconsider this area of batting. I love playing off the back foot, but right now it's just so risky to play as the animations aren't triggering right.

Absolutely agree on it mate..

same applies to back foot Square cuts of the spinners on a short delivery...

There is a single standard animation for almost all shots especially square cuts & pulls which only connect if the ball bounces enough to the bat else it simply goes above or below the bat..& if its a sharply turning spin delivery you either get bowled or plumb in front...making it annoying always....despite the animations themselves looking elegant compared to earlier games...

moreover I had seen in many gameplay videos & the initial IGN & BA video that there was a lower square cut shot for a low bounce delivery, but not sure why it doesnt trigger now , may be only in case of certain "batting styles" it may be triggering ....

Hope they introduce varying animations that can match different ball bounces...

Okay here's the thing, you can't edit the Ranji FC, though you can use downloaded teams for the Zonal Teams, @wasteyouryouth has done an amazing job with those. Also, keep in mind that career mode uses dynamic squads, which reflect the years gone by and your fellow domestic players making it to the squad. So, even the Indian squad will have names that played domestic with you and not current real life squad.
Agreed and thanks to @wasteyouryouth for those teams, have downloaded the zonal teams already. Agree to a point to an extent that the teams are dynamic, the but the teams are just too random

Agreed and thanks to @wasteyouryouth for those teams, have downloaded the zonal teams already. Agree to a point to an extent that the teams are dynamic, the but the teams are just too random
I think the methodology that goes into creating the dynamic line ups means selections can appear random. IRL if you have three very good openers they will be fit into a team, if they're your best players. In the game, I have a feeling that one opener will be left out - because there's only room for two openers (based on the personality screen) in the team. I might be wrong about that though.

Reactions: DAP
To be honest, only bug that's really annoying me is the feild setting bug. I normally like to set up feilds manually according to situations and most of the time it gets changed to something stupid and meaningless by AI

yeah , that is definitely very annoying.

I have the Steam version

I have a basic question regarding AI Sliders

Irrespective of any "Base" AI difficulty chosen the 4 sliders underneath it are all set at 50...

i thought they would have a fixed preset set of values depending on the chosen base AI difficulty...& would be adjustable only in new custom difficulties at desired levels...

Just like there are default preset sliders for batting bowling fielding physics umpiring, which vary depending on respective base difficulty chosen...shouldn't it be the same for AI difficulty sliders??

Am i missing something in there..?

Thought of creating a new thread but already several pages of threads...
Hope my Q doesn't get lost in the "general" conversations here!

Kindly help

Last edited:
I don't know who deleted my post yesterday but it is a disappointment with this games game commentary it is the waste in game commentary of all times

I don't know who deleted my post yesterday but it is a disappointment with this games game commentary it is the waste in game commentary of all times

You would have received notifications informing you of why they were deleted.

Which fielding camera option do people tend to use? I can't seem to find a comfortable option, or maybe they don't change when I adjust the camera option while in-game.
I can't seem to find the right one. For batting and bowling, I'm playing 'fixed close' camera options.

Which fielding camera option do people tend to use? I can't seem to find a comfortable option, or maybe they don't change when I adjust the camera option while in-game.
I can't seem to find the right one. For batting and bowling, I'm playing 'fixed close' camera options.

I prefer Bowling side camera while batting like in TV broadcasts (however most of the community prefers Batting side cameras)

Following suggestion is Solely based on my personal taste

you will need to give some time to experiment & get used to a combination until you are comfortable with it...you can try other combos too as discussed elsewhere on this forum...

If you like batting camera like in TV broadcast then try following combos in (read as
Batting cam + Running cam) ..

1 Broadcast 1 + Broadcast 1 ( famous since DBC 14 days)

2 Broadcast 1 + Broadcast 2 (broadcast 2 introduced in Ashes , overall combo much simpler version of TV style broadcast)

3 Fixed far/close (depends on your taste) + Broadcast 2 (even better to focus on the ball as the camera remains still till you play the shot)

4 Broadcast 1 + Broadcast 3 ( almost TV style but still needs some tweaking by BA for camera speed & zoom out while tracking the ball after the shot is hit)

5 Fixed Far + Broadcast 3 (same reason as 3 above )

As for fielding camera it depends on whether you need;

widest view of the field (Broadcast 1 and 2) or
closer view of the ball & fielders (Fielding 1 2 3) or a
Dynamic view (Broadcast 3 zooms and pans depdnding on where the ball is in the outfield)

requesting Others to share their favourite camera angles for a perspective...

thanx

Last edited:
I think the methodology that goes into creating the dynamic line ups means selections can appear random. IRL if you have three very good openers they will be fit into a team, if they're your best players. In the game, I have a feeling that one opener will be left out - because there's only room for two openers (based on the personality screen) in the team. I might be wrong about that though.
Sorry didn't clarify, by random I meant randomly generated names. In DBC 17, let's say for Mumbai, yes there were players selected from club level who did consistently well, but the core team had recognizable names from the Ranji circuit. A fare tradeoff, the only grouse is if the system for Ranji was already there why remove it in the next iteration of the games. The present zones as they are could have been added as a additional Duleep trophy. It simply is lack of understanding of diversity of cricket in India

Not sure where the late timing window is, but a possible workout is to increase it. Had made this point before that depth perception in a game will always be an issue. Real life you are playing these underneath your eyes, but video games another story

guys how many bowling styles does cricket 19 have and if so how to assign these to players[DOUBLEPOST=1564998536][/DOUBLEPOST]I saw a malinga style bowling and shaun tait bowling style that made me buy the game but how did the do it can someone pls explain

guys how many bowling styles does cricket 19 have and if so how to assign these to players[DOUBLEPOST=1564998536][/DOUBLEPOST]I saw a malinga style bowling and shaun tait bowling style that made me buy the game but how did the do it can someone pls explain

upload_2019-8-5_20-1-36.png

Reactions: DAP
I have the Steam version

I have a basic question regarding AI Sliders

Irrespective of any "Base" AI difficulty chosen the 4 sliders underneath it are all set at 50...

i thought they would have a fixed preset set of values depending on the chosen base AI difficulty...& would be adjustable only in new custom difficulties at desired levels...

Just like there are default preset sliders for batting bowling fielding physics umpiring, which vary depending on respective base difficulty chosen...shouldn't it be the same for AI difficulty sliders??

Am i missing something in there..?

Thought of creating a new thread but already several pages of threads...
Hope my Q doesn't get lost in the "general" conversations here!

Kindly help
The Ai sliders ate relative to the difficulty level: so 50 is the middle of legend or easy depending on the level chosen: 60 is more difficult than say legend and 40 less so.

Users who are viewing this thread