Cricket 19 General Discussion

bptuner

School Cricketer
Has the following bug related to catching been reported yet:
The catching mini-game comes up, the camera goes into first person, I move the left stick to bring the pointer within the circle, the circle glows green, press the button(A on Xbox One) and the catch is still dropped. No idea why.
This hurts even more when the fielder is on the boundary and he lets it go for a 6.

Also, with the first person view, how do you guys make out if the boundary fielder should tap the ball in or go for the catch. In instances, where the above bug doesn't hit, I take the catch and the fielder then calmly walks over the boundary line to gift a 6. So annoying.
Once, as a bowler, I had the ball hit to me and the mini-game came up. I got the circle green and hit X (PS4). My player went for the catch but dropped it, then about a second later, a second catching mini-game came up and I did the same thing but he caught it this time, actually looked pretty cool as well since the animations were perfectly organic but I've never encountered the double-minigame again in the hundreds of hours I've put into this game. Very curious if anyone else has had this happen to them?

Similar to your experience, I had another caught-and-bowled opportunity; minigame prompted, I moved the pointer into the center of the circle so it was green and hit X (PS4). Player didn't even react and ball just flew past his head. Don't know if it bugged out or there just isn't an animation to support catching the ball at that speed but it prompted me with the minigame and I correctly executed it yet player did not react.

The issue with the fielder your controlling walking over the boundary after taking a catch doesn't seem like an error on your part nor there is anything you can do about it.

Its almost the same issue as another member on here complaining about not being able to control their wicket-keeper prior/during delivery and getting extras because the AI decides where your keeper goes first, then gives you control. Same as the bowler after a delivery, delayed control input. All of this ties into why you don't see any run-outs (besides yourself or your partner you just ran out) outside of simulation.

I really, really like the feel of this game but it just lacks the polish and features for someone wanting more than a casual bat-and-bowl game. PLEASE release a patch or just tell us its abandoned already because there's too much to fix. :noway

(I've yet to see injuries beyond YouTube videos and I don't think a single person on this forum has gotten more than 2 fielding ability points in their entire player careers)

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Guessing he, Leach, Jordan and Stone (maybe a couple of others) fall under the license but have not been photographed. My Olly Stone did find its way into the game (minus the playface). Maybe I should try a Pope.

You should definitely try a Pope... theres a play faced one in the academy I tried to tweak the modle but the mouth is too big

And I want to take him on the New Zealand tour, but not looking like that :lol

Last edited:

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Not sure if it's been mentioned but I'm losing interest in first class/test cricket on the game as the AI basically gifts me runs whenever the spinner comes on by putting almost every fielder close to the bat. So I can easily just go aggressive every single ball and get 50 off 16/17 balls which takes away the realism and the fun.

Anyone else finding this and how can I sort it?

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Good day guys,
Any idea if there will be a new patch? Been a while now.
There most probably will be one as it was confirmed by a beta tester but no idea of the date.

D

Dutch

Stop guessing! You have no idea what it will address or how big it will be.

Just false info!
Official Statement on behalf of Planet C:

Planet C is ashamedly but because of legal obligations, sponsored by The Trump Foundation: any message based on fact will be removed.

Carry on.

Blinkvosperd

School Cricketer
Hi guys,
So, I downloaded a South African alternative kit a while back.
In career mode, I was just offered being picked for one of the Caribbean Premier league teams.
And all of a sudden one of the teams in the Caribbean league is South Africa Alt kits.
How the HELL do I rectify that?

Users who are viewing this thread