MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Has anyone updater newest IPL teams? If so under what username thanks in advance
wasteyouryouth (also the username to search for in the academy). He's done the latest ipl teams and kits.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Last edited:

Ark69

School Cricketer
What are your impressions about the match awareness of the ai and it's chasing of totals (or overall the performance of ai in crIcket 19)

defysodslaw

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
How do you guys play against Spin(in tests)? I feel like if they bowl outside off stump, I can't even drive them without edging to the keeper. No matter how I place my L stick, the footwork meter only shows OK for me, and I edge the ball even when timing and shot selection are ideal. I don't get this problem against fast bowlers, but with spin it's incredibly difficult to play them on the offside. I can play balls on the stumps/legs easily and without any trouble.

Any tips for batting against spin are appreciated. And just to confirm, you have to move your L stick towards the pitch of the ball, right? I play in broadcast 2(or 3) camera, so from that perspective, a full outside the offstump ball should have L stick in 7-8'o clock position. Correct?

I play with standard controls but did give classic a go for a limited amount of time. Yes, the L stick should point towards the ball, but if your footwork difficulty setting is high, then the movement is usually more sensitive, so have a look at that. Also, IMHO, it is much easier in batting mid/close camera to both point the L-stick properly as well as time the shot perfectly. I'd suggest you practice in those two cams first. Once you get the hang of it, go back to your preferred camera angle. Helped me a lot in tests, especially with playing lofted shots against spinners.

Finally, one of the best and safest shots against spinners pitching it full and outside off is the reverse sweep. It usually gets me a lot of runs from the point to 3rd man zone. Try experimenting with this shot. It will also require some practice with the timing first.

Neil Douglas

School Cricketer
Im late coming to this game but enjoying it, I recently played a test series against Pakistan and their field placings were spot on, runs were hard to come by and it was exactly how Test Cricket should be, next series I play India and there is a gaping whole on the leg side to the left handed batsman, just too easy, think I was 132-0 off about 12 overs and just quit, is there anything you go do to affect the field positioning of the AI? I am batting on the Test difficulty and the AI is set as high as it can be as far as I can see?

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Its an AI thing. The best you can do is go into custom settings and there is one slider that affects bowling line accuracy I think that can help AI bowl to their field. When I played career mode, I swear 40% of my total career runs cam from leg side bowling lol. Doesn't help that leg side shots are seriously op as well.

Just a quick side note, general questions can be posted in the general discussion topic (just avoids constant random threads opening up, just helps keep things tidy)

tosser182

Club Captain
Im late coming to this game but enjoying it, I recently played a test series against Pakistan and their field placings were spot on, runs were hard to come by and it was exactly how Test Cricket should be, next series I play India and there is a gaping whole on the leg side to the left handed batsman, just too easy, think I was 132-0 off about 12 overs and just quit, is there anything you go do to affect the field positioning of the AI? I am batting on the Test difficulty and the AI is set as high as it can be as far as I can see?

You can hit 5 succcessive boundaries doing this and they still won't plug the gap for the 6th ball. Can't believe it hasn't been patched yet, it's the worst part of the game Imo.

rulank

School Cricketer
You can hit 5 succcessive boundaries doing this and they still won't plug the gap for the 6th ball. Can't believe it hasn't been patched yet, it's the worst part of the game Imo.
Exactly this. I was quite happy for a bit when I was finally in a winning position in my hard and veteran AI IPL league, but after a couple of overs and having Rinku Singh on 72 off 23, it was ridiculous. All shots behind of square on the legside for 6 or 4.

Ark69

School Cricketer
Exactly this. I was quite happy for a bit when I was finally in a winning position in my hard and veteran AI IPL league, but after a couple of overs and having Rinku Singh on 72 off 23, it was ridiculous. All shots behind of square on the legside for 6 or 4.
Then go for hardest difficulty

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Can someone provide me with sliders that make test matches realisitc and Hard??
I set my batting difficulty to be somewhere between hard and hardest and some (like miss influence higher than hardest) , you can find a perfect balance for yourself tinkering each slider, as for bowling its 'hard' and for AI, I have striker timing at 60, bowl quality 80 - 90 (you can alter if the bowling gets way too monotonous), wicket chance 50 and run rate at 25.

They seem to perform balanced I guess with these settings, atleast for me. But feel free to just go bam boom on 'em sliders :)

Ark69

School Cricketer
I set my batting difficulty to be somewhere between hard and hardest and some (like miss influence higher than hardest) , you can find a perfect balance for yourself tinkering each slider, as for bowling its 'hard' and for AI, I have striker timing at 60, bowl quality 80 - 90 (you can alter if the bowling gets way too monotonous), wicket chance 50 and run rate at 25.

They seem to perform balanced I guess with these settings, atleast for me. But feel free to just go bam boom on 'em sliders :)

Thanks bro. But Do they still leave gaps on the on side even after being smacked to the boundary for several times in the same area.because it just makes the game a cakewalk

Users who are viewing this thread