Cricket 19 General Discussion

angad

Chairman of Consent
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi All,

Is there any confirmation on whether this game is backwards compatible with PS5? Will help me decide on whether to keep the PS4 or sell it :p

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi All,

Is there any confirmation on whether this game is backwards compatible with PS5? Will help me decide on whether to keep the PS4 or sell it :p
This has been answered before. Yes. Sony said 99.5% of games will be backwards compatible (digital and disc based versions of games)

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Would BA make use of the PS5 hardware im hoping for a patch to make it run 4k@60fps as the PS4 version isnt native 4K so i hope BA take this into account.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Would BA make use of the PS5 hardware im hoping for a patch to make it run 4k@60fps as the PS4 version isnt native 4K so i hope BA take this into account.
From what I know, the ps5 would automatically upscale to 4k, most games on ps5 won't be native 4k - with the hardware under the bonnet, no chance of that (cricket 19 probably), I would venture they would do a few small life improvement things but nothing drastic. on the performance side of things, would that not be an automatic improvement purely because of the newer hardware, no?

Ozzie_SAP

Club Cricketer
Hi Cricket 19 legends,

I had a quick concern which I hope you legends could help me with, I hope I am in the right thread.

The problem: When I am bowling spinners see the attached pic where Shane Warne leg spinner is bowling, I always had to point the bowling line cursor towards around 35% left to get the ball landing straight...if I bowl with the cursor pointing straight the ball is bowled on the leg side hence to correct that I always have to point around 35% on the off side for a leg spinner and around the 35% on the leg side for an off spinner to get the bowler ball straight...its very annoying, you would want to point the cursor straight while bowling straight line but unfortunately doesn't work on my game...it did work for a short while after the latest update but again went back to the old ways.

I have also attached my custom bowling difficulty screenshot, not sure if there is a problem in there???

PS: recently AI spinners also bowling on the leg side line (typically bowling 10-15 leg side wides sometimes) which seems like there is a problem somewhere.

Any help would be truly appreciated!!!

Attachments

• 20201031_154638.jpg
    20201031_154638.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 17
  • 20201031_162437.jpg
    20201031_162437.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Hi Cricket 19 legends,

I had a quick concern which I hope you legends could help me with, I hope I am in the right thread.

The problem: When I am bowling spinners see the attached pic where Shane Warne leg spinner is bowling, I always had to point the bowling line cursor towards around 35% left to get the ball landing straight...if I bowl with the cursor pointing straight the ball is bowled on the leg side hence to correct that I always have to point around 35% on the off side for a leg spinner and around the 35% on the leg side for an off spinner to get the bowler ball straight...its very annoying, you would want to point the cursor straight while bowling straight line but unfortunately doesn't work on my game...it did work for a short while after the latest update but again went back to the old ways.

I have also attached my custom bowling difficulty screenshot, not sure if there is a problem in there???

PS: recently AI spinners also bowling on the leg side line (typically bowling 10-15 leg side wides sometimes) which seems like there is a problem somewhere.

Any help would be truly appreciated!!!
Quite a few people, me included have had the spinners bowling wide with sliders. 65 is the highest you want to go or weird things, like this happen. Lower your spin flight to 60-65, and your pace bowling speed down a bit as well (this slider affects all types of bowlers). If you find things are stable, bump up the sliders a few points and see how it goes, I do that until things go wacky again. One good thing about the new patch is that you can adjust sliders in a match and they save rather than resetting once the game is over.

Ozzie_SAP

Club Cricketer
Quite a few people, me included have had the spinners bowling wide with sliders. 65 is the highest you want to go or weird things, like this happen. Lower your spin flight to 60-65, and your pace bowling speed down a bit as well (this slider affects all types of bowlers). If you find things are stable, bump up the sliders a few points and see how it goes, I do that until things go wacky again. One good thing about the new patch is that you can adjust sliders in a match and they save rather than resetting once the game is over.

Thanks for your response @GuyIncognito will try your recommendation and get back with the results...do I have to reduce the spin drift to around 65 too?

Ozzie_SAP

Club Cricketer

Thank you so much @GuyIncognito it has worked wonders...I changed all of those high settings to 65 max and wow amazing what a transformation - stupid of me to not ask this question earlier - thanks again legend!!

Fantazm

County Cricketer
it also seems to be largely impossible to win a career game batting first in t20 too.

makes playing the games seem pretty pointless really. really quite poor.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Thank you so much @GuyIncognito it has worked wonders...I changed all of those high settings to 65 max and wow amazing what a transformation - stupid of me to not ask this question earlier - thanks again legend!!
All good mate, glad you got the game under control again lol. A part of me sometimes wonders what the game would be like with all sliders at 100 lol. But generally, physics especially, 60-65 is the way to go.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Non-related to cricket but just want to pay my respects to Sir Thomas Sean Connery. Rest In Peace.

sean-connery-9255144-1-402.jpg

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Last 3 days I only played T20 matches and found that when the AI bats more than 90% of edges find the gaps and goes to the boundary. We had this issue in previous patches and now it’s back. I play on Legendary with only the run rate slider changed to 80 and physics bowling speed 60 min 61 max. The rest is all default. I like the patch when playing test matches but prefer the previous patch with T20. I don’t mind it being more difficult to bat with the new patch, the problem is how the AI behave when they chase down a score. It’s either the edges that flies to the boundary or your fielders that behaves like retards so that the AI can score easy runs.

defysodslaw

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Been playing only ODIs for the last few weeks. Would be grateful if anyone could answer the following two questions.

1. In ODIs or T20s against human opponents, does the AI EVER get caught at point, cover, mid-off, or deep third-man? I saw those happening only in AI vs AI matches on YouTube. As much as human players can mistime and get caught anywhere, the AI will never do so. I thought this was a test-only thing, but clearly, limited-overs' game also suffers from this as far as my experience goes. If you have ever got the AI out at any of these positions, could you please share how?

2. Have you ever seen the AI chase down 12 or more in the final over against human opponents? I have not. Although I think I did bowl to my field without any experimentation, surely that could not always be the case. Makes me wonder whether the AI is programmed to go down a notch in the penultimate over even if they had scored 20-25 in the 2nd last one.

I usually play at legend since in veteran the AI would surrender to swing bowling in no time, way before the overpowered spinners could be used.

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread