Cricket 19 General Discussion

No worries. Let me know if you get on better than I am :lol

TBH dale88 Not Started yet just been mucking around with stuff and sorting out . Will Be Starting Tomorrow Though Carnt Wait But Doing Better Than Yourself i Doubt it . Thanks Again Dale88.

...Cool. The fact that you think 2k of all publishers is the "only solution" says a lot as well.
Really, why do you say that? In my experience I've found EA and 2K to be the best. Playing Madden and NBA 2K is about as realistic as it gets. I would love a cricket game where each player has tendencies to determine how well they play spin, when in the game they accelerate, whether they have bunnies (i.e. Broad v Warner) and how well they play at home v overseas. That's where I believe 2K has got it spot on.

Really, why do you say that? In my experience I've found EA and 2K to be the best. Playing Madden and NBA 2K is about as realistic as it gets. I would love a cricket game where each player has tendencies to determine how well they play spin, when in the game they accelerate, whether they have bunnies (i.e. Broad v Warner) and how well they play at home v overseas. That's where I believe 2K has got it spot on.
"Really, why do you say that?" - There are countless videos and articles stating clearly why people hate 2k and EA (sports games especially). And if you don't know what I'm talking about then its time for you to dive into some research. Plus I'm not wasting my time and everyone else's time on those BS companies on a forum about Cricket 19.

If you think Madden is a quality game, good for you, but I consider the discussion null and void with anyone who says Madden is good and EA Sports is good. (FYI EA Sports in the 90s was good, real good. Showing my age a bit there lol.)

"Really, why do you say that?" - There are countless videos and articles stating clearly why people hate 2k and EA (sports games especially). And if you don't know what I'm talking about then its time for you to dive into some research. Plus I'm not wasting my time and everyone else's time on those BS companies on a forum about Cricket 19.

If you think Madden is a quality game, good for you, but I consider the discussion null and void with anyone who says Madden is good and EA Sports is good. (FYI EA Sports in the 90s was good, real good. Showing my age a bit there lol.)
Cheers mate, I'll give those vids and articles a look in. Sorry if I brought EA and 2K into a Big Ant forum but I just wanted to share an opinion that I think a cricket game to the mold of NBA 2K or Madden would be brilliant. Would be keen to hear if anyone else agrees. Discussion is always healthy, never null and void. I love changing my mind and opinions based on new information.

Cheers mate, I'll give those vids and articles a look in. Sorry if I brought EA and 2K into a Big Ant forum but I just wanted to share an opinion that I think a cricket game to the mold of NBA 2K or Madden would be brilliant. Would be keen to hear if anyone else agrees. Discussion is always healthy, never null and void. I love changing my mind and opinions based on new information.
Nah, you're cool man. Its just 100th time that comparison has been made. I'm like a jaded veteran at this stage lol

Whatever one thinks of BA and/or cricket 19, and I’ve given plenty of praise and criticism to both, it’s been 7/8 years from Don Bradman 14 to now. Cricket 19 is streets ahead but it it’s not been continuous linear progression.

Its unrealistic to assume any new publisher is going to immediately come in and be right where c19 is or better in every aspect of the game. Especially a 2K type US sport focussed studio with no feel for cricket.

Even if an EA or 2K type came into cricket gaming (and generally I’m a believer in competition) we’d probably be better off in joint venture scenario where they added their financial resources and marketing reach to BAs know how. Whether such a JV is a realistic prospect or would even be welcomed by BA I have no idea. It may also have undesirable consequences such as a focus on arcade and short formats.

I’m happy where BA have taken cricket gaming and hopeful they’ll still take things forward, though again I don’t expect linear progress and no missteps.

I’d welcome competition but only from another dev and publisher with the same feel and passion for the sport itself.

Whatever one thinks of BA and/or cricket 19, and I’ve given plenty of praise and criticism to both, it’s been 7/8 years from Don Bradman 14 to now. Cricket 19 is streets ahead but it it’s not been continuous linear progression.

Its unrealistic to assume any new publisher is going to immediately come in and be right where c19 is or better in every aspect of the game. Especially a 2K type US sport focussed studio with no feel for cricket.

Even if an EA or 2K type came into cricket gaming (and generally I’m a believer in competition) we’d probably be better off in joint venture scenario where they added their financial resources and marketing reach to BAs know how. Whether such a JV is a realistic prospect or would even be welcomed by BA I have no idea. It may also have undesirable consequences such as a focus on arcade and short formats.

I’m happy where BA have taken cricket gaming and hopeful they’ll still take things forward, though again I don’t expect linear progress and no missteps.

I’d welcome competition but only from another dev and publisher with the same feel and passion for the sport itself.
If EA buy out Big Ant, then add another developer to their graveyard in a few years. Plus I would expect a ton of microtransaction BS. Mind you: CD Projekt Red - The Witcher 4: Ashes Edition anyone?

No worries. Let me know if you get on better than I am :lol
Australia won the the toss Elected to bat first on dusty wicket light cracks Australia were @99/1 at lunch . 2nd Session 233/3 @ tea Marsh 92 No . and Jones 58 No. Not Good For England At the moment dale88.

Australia won the the toss Elected to bat first on dusty wicket light cracks Australia were @99/1 at lunch . 2nd Session 233/3 @ tea Marsh 92 No . and Jones 58 No. Not Good For England At the moment dale88.
Sorry Say To Say Dale88 I Have Quit . However reason Why I quit Is To Many Nb 45 And That's ON hard so i am Starting Again Tomorrow But Will Be Using Standard Control For Pace Bowling Classic batting and Classic Spin . Because i do love playing this game but not 45 nb . makes The Scorecard look stupid . What i will say i dont know if Have said thanks but stadiums looks amazing with yourself and blocker Dave doing the work so many thanks .Ian

Sorry Say To Say Dale88 I Have Quit . However reason Why I quit Is To Many Nb 45 And That's ON hard so i am Starting Again Tomorrow But Will Be Using Standard Control For Pace Bowling Classic batting and Classic Spin . Because i do love playing this game but not 45 nb . makes The Scorecard look stupid . What i will say i dont know if Have said thanks but stadiums looks amazing with yourself and blocker Dave doing the work so many thanks .Ian

Weird

The Thing Is Dale88 dont Know its me or not because 6months ago i was on Hardest bowling and i was not getting load of nb maybe 5or 6 in innings so Carnt understand why it is mate . anyway going to try on standard control see what's happens . also another thing what's best me selecting the the fielding or let the computer do it for me ? thanks mate

The Thing Is Dale88 dont Know its me or not because 6months ago i was on Hardest bowling and i was not getting load of nb maybe 5or 6 in innings so Carnt understand why it is mate . anyway going to try on standard control see what's happens . also another thing what's best me selecting the the fielding or let the computer do it for me ? thanks mate

Is it you bowling no balls?

Users who are viewing this thread