Cricket 19 General Discussion

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I was considering to add a bit of realism to the game to have different slider settings based on where the games are played.

I.e. if it's the subcontinent, have lower bounce, less pace and more spin revolutions and friction. In Australia or SA, the opposite. Then in England and NZ have more swing and higher chance of finding the outside edge.

Is this something anyone else has done and if so, did it make much of a difference to the game?

I'm just starting a career as an all-rounder that bowls leg spin and it'd realistic (but frustrating) if my bowling is more ineffective in Australia but on Indian pitches I can take 5fors etc. Also as a batsman having to play more off the back foot on harder bouncier pitches. I suppose if you wanted to go really technical you could have slightly different variations based on the ground e.g. the WACA being bouncy and fast and Sydney turning a bit more.

D

Deleted member 193590

I was considering to add a bit of realism to the game to have different slider settings based on where the games are played.

I.e. if it's the subcontinent, have lower bounce, less pace and more spin revolutions and friction. In Australia or SA, the opposite. Then in England and NZ have more swing and higher chance of finding the outside edge.

Is this something anyone else has done and if so, did it make much of a difference to the game?

I'm just starting a career as an all-rounder that bowls leg spin and it'd realistic (but frustrating) if my bowling is more ineffective in Australia but on Indian pitches I can take 5fors etc. Also as a batsman having to play more off the back foot on harder bouncier pitches. I suppose if you wanted to go really technical you could have slightly different variations based on the ground e.g. the WACA being bouncy and fast and Sydney turning a bit more.

Rumple did a lot of work on sliders for ashes cricket,not sure if they work for 19 but you could try them out.
Here's the thread link

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Rumple did a lot of work on sliders for ashes cricket,not sure if they work for 19 but you could try them out.
Here's the thread link

Thanks. I've made 5 for Aus/SA for the 5 days of a test. The idea is that it's fast and bouncy and swings a bit day one. Flattens and becomes easier to bat for days 2/3 and then spins more and becomes harder to bat on day 4/5.

Only issue is you can't alter the state of the pitch during the match

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
Hi. I am thinking of buying cricket 19 after seeing all the gameplays and the game is fantastic! But in all the gameplays I have seen, the weather is always clear. When I saw a video with rain interruption, There was rain but the sky was blue clear! So, I was thinking whether this game has overcast and cloudy condtions. (This is my favourite weather condtion btw). If there are no cloudy weather conditions, is there any patch for it? Or should I just go for ashes 2017?
Post automatically merged:

Sorry if there is already an answer for this in another thread...

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi. I am thinking of buying cricket 19 after seeing all the gameplays and the game is fantastic! But in all the gameplays I have seen, the weather is always clear. When I saw a video with rain interruption, There was rain but the sky was blue clear! So, I was thinking whether this game has overcast and cloudy condtions. (This is my favourite weather condtion btw). If there are no cloudy weather conditions, is there any patch for it? Or should I just go for ashes 2017?
Post automatically merged:

Sorry if there is already an answer for this in another thread...
There are cloudy conditions, lets just call it one of the quirks of the game where its clear and it rains and you always go off after one ball.

i.n

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Been asked about this a few times. This is how you change/remove the stump sponsor for particular matches.

And Still Mine Wont Change Done Everything Right What's in This Video .

And They Are Still On Default Stumps . Thanks Dale88

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If so, can you send me a photo or a video of the cloudy conditions? That would be helpful
I'm off to bed now, sorry. Just youtube a bunch of videos of cricket 19 gameplay and you'll see it eventually.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
And Still Mine Wont Change Done Everything Right What's in This Video .

And They Are Still On Default Stumps . Thanks Dale88
If you’re using the match type in a competition, it creates a “saved” match type, so unless you go and change the match type in use in the competition it will keep using the old one

Reactions: i.n

i.n

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
If you’re using the match type in a competition, it creates a “saved” match type, so unless you go and change the match type in use in the competition it will keep using the old one

Thanks Blockerdave Yen I know Now Mate Once I Have Changed in The Match Designer i Dont Copy Just Leave It At That . ?
When I Go Into Custom Comp it should be there if I'm correct .

arnm7890

School Cricketer
Just picked up Cricket 19 on PS5, and I'm trying to download teams from Community, but it's stuck on the 'Downloading Data' rotating wheel. Would anyone know why this might be? Is it just slow, or is something broken? I've tried deleting save data and starting from scratch (and selecting "No" to automatically replace squads so I can do it myself), but still no luck

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Just picked up Cricket 19 on PS5, and I'm trying to download teams from Community, but it's stuck on the 'Downloading Data' rotating wheel. Would anyone know why this might be? Is it just slow, or is something broken? I've tried deleting save data and starting from scratch (and selecting "No" to automatically replace squads so I can do it myself), but still no luck
Try to narrow the search parameters. With specifics like a time range, user name, team names. I find that if you just search for one thing it'll become sluggish and slow, but if you know specifics it runs quicker. That's my experience at least.

Users who are viewing this thread