Cricket 19 General Discussion

Did I read that the 1.01 patch was 5gb? For me on PS4 it says version 1.01 is 577.5 mb.

Attachments

• 15587865790878203535007764169910.jpg
    15587865790878203535007764169910.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 37
Few more observations to check with day1 patch

- team icons are pixelated for non licenesd teams in loading menu screen

‐ umpire passes through running end batsman very frequently

- after ball being bold if ur fielder/bowler take the bails off or direct throw at running end, stumps flash lights seen through from umpire body

- during competition game, at end of every game tropy cermony shown with winning team irrespective of final game

- AI after run is completed, ball is with keeper or bowler, AI batsmen are trying to take another single and then cancel the run (till that time if you hit the stumps) AI got run out

- in career mode, i started with hafeez /pak ... first series is with eng where jason roy is caption of eng odi side even in cwc, i think england odi capt is eion morgan.

I will compile all my noted observations in table and check if day1 patch fixed those or not

Last edited:
@Jerm I ordered it from Takealot and it stated it will be deliver on 28/05/2019. That changed. I ordered it from a retail shop called game4u and it states 28/05/2019 on the website and the guy called me and said he just heard news that it will now move to 07/06/2019. When asked why he said he does not know all he knows embargo being changed to /07/06/2019

@Jerm and @Gentoras. It is apparently the publisher/supplier dictated. It is Big Ant Africa who decided to make it 07/06/2019

hey everyone thanks for watching the stream id never done one before thought id just do one so everyone could see the game. played it on medium no sliders or anything tried not to skip the cutscenes so we get to see everything. i tried a few different camera angles and went with classic batting controls and classic fast bowling controls and standard for medium.
now i normally play standard batting but the field radar just takes away from the realism a bit so i wanted to keep it as minimal as possible but i really enjoyed inverted classic controls a few of the wickets like on the spinners the shot wasn't coming out as i intended to but i was playing pretty shitty tbh lol. still need to get a hang of those advance down the wicket shots will test em out again.
one neat thing i'm not sure if everyone picked up on is the lower the batsman skill the less visible the pitch marker becomes! thats a fantastic detail it'll really add some depth to the tailend batting. wish id got a 50 with kohli that would have been fun. it was a pretty long game to be fair but it was a lot of fun and watching the stream now it looks pretty good i like playing with just the pitch marker leaves a little bit of guessing involved and is not to in ur face with the colors.

in the match i face an over of jofra archer with rishabh pant batting and he plays two excellent backfoot shots and tries one to many ang gets out. that was my favourite part of the match the way everything played out along with that bowling spell in between by bumrah. those two shots with the replays were exhilarating. but the animation on the second one looked alot more correct or proper batsman like compared to the first one (just something about the feet and the follow through almost chopping down on the ball tht feels odd to me). as far as the players go i just downloaded some off the community players and got some logos which were probably brought over from the old game community. things look alot better still blurry but better. had no idea the comments show up in the youtube stream aswell but they are annoying and useful at the same time. one dude kept asking for scenario mode like crazy not sure what was going on there. but he stayed till the end of the stream so i did try it out for him but damn people be needy out here! super fun experience hope i can do a better one and go buy the game whenever its available in ur area!

Hi Mate , Really Nice Video there.

Picked up a few observations on this Game version that I would really like to comment on.

Positives

General

• All around atmosphere
  • Anthems
  • Barmy Army Chanting
  • Lovely additions and Cut Scenes all over, love the presentation and Camera Angles etc.
  • Highlights, at long last.
  • Comments from fielders after good short/defended balls
Fielding
  • Fielders has much more urgency in there running/chasing of the ball to the boundary, and so far havent seen the dreaded "Step over the Boundary with ball in hand animation"
  • Fielders throws are much flatter and realistic looking
  • Great new Fielding Animations for Diving Stops etc.
  • Great Keeper catch Animation on Kohli Dismissal
Bowling
  • Bowler jumping to field some balls
  • Spinners look dangerous again
  • New Bowling Animations
Batting
  • Batting Shot animations are even better than before.
  • Nice Top Edge over Keeper after Pull Shot slightly missed
  • Milestone Celebrations, whole host of different ones.
  • "Stuck in the Mud" issue after playing back foot Shots seems to be fixed.
  • Straight Back foot Batting shots seems back into contention, Kohli`s first Boundary was sublime !
  • Lower Ball Trajectory when hitting 1 bounce fours.
  • Nice edge generated off a Defensive Shot

Negatives

• Commentary, less said about it the better (turning it off as soon as I get it so no big deal)
  • When batting, seems to be unable to allways hit the ball along the ground, there seems to be about 20-25 meters of travel in the air before it hits ground first time(might be the 2nd bounce cannot see for sure) Setting inner ring fielders to "close" is probably going to end in catches all over (This seems to be more for back foot shots)
  • The First Wicket (Run Out), is the return of the Dumb Non Striker issue, where he is almost crossing the line upon return, and somehow still manages to have the bat dangling in the air.
  • The first (and Only review) , for a Bump Ball Catch , was just turned down as before, without looking at any options. The Previous Games also had the issue where it does not know what are you actually referring it for , and hence only considered nicks and Lbw`s at will.
  • Still getting the issue where a Ball hitting the Splice of the Bat goes for 1 bounce four to Long On. A Loopy Mistimed Catch/drop shot would be better when this happens ?
  • Pitch looked very plain and dare I say One coloured (maybe just this Type?)
  • First Innings Highlights could be better laid out, to include wickets,milestones etc. Currently only boundaries shown, and running overlay at the bottom should be out of the view. The Final after Match Highlights is a better balanced effort, and maybe only lacks a few Milestones thrown in.
  • Black hair appearing slightly grey-ish

Here`s hoping the Online Version of the Game is similiar to the Offline, then we might have ourselves a Massive Winner here.

Very impressed so far.

Are you saying that whatever shot you attempt to play, the computer automatically overides and makes you play the correct shot well?

I’m confused. What’s the point of playing the game if that’s the case?

No, shot replacement functionality is in case if your batsmen standing towards off stump and you playing leg side shot, somehow u missed time or ball line is too perfect your leg side shot auto changed by offside shot or off late cut etc...

At moment its not getting disable even you switched off in settings ( hard difficulty)

Oh, thought you were taking the piss.

So, there's a website/forum called Planet Cricket, and a couple people have the beta of it to help with testing on this forum etc. So the beta that Big Ant give them has that watermark on it.
yeh my bad that was dumb I was the one who put out the beta things hahah I am quiet silly sometimes that was poor form from me soz mate

Users who are viewing this thread