Cricket 19 General Discussion

One gets the sense that Dave might be a little peeved......

I'm glad you've been able to decipher my subtlety and English understatement.

FWIW this is the current scorecard at the end of day 1... on a medium pitch, with bounce lowered (and lowered still during the innings, currently 30 pitch bounce, 35 ball bounce). 2 guys have made battling 50s and yet extras still tops the scorecard... the partnership is 169 and they've scored 106 off the bat. I think being peeved is justified, no?
lPF9KGe.jpg

And use of the bowling all rounder...

OhyQueg.jpg

And what's most annoying is the bouncer/wides gets worse the longer the partnership is unbroken, as THE ONLY strategy this amazing new AI @mikeymerren was so proud of has is to try and bounce you out.

So since lowering the bounce doesn't work, it seems the only way to avoid this is to lose wickets frequently (which admittedly is not usually a problem for me).

It's frustrating that a game with so much potential is limited by the inability to patch out issues.

Aside from the wides issue, the lack of variety of dismissals (too many wicketkeeper catches, not enough outfield catches, run outs and stumpings), the removal of injuries from the game despite the fact they were in at release, and the general responsiveness of fielding need attention. It would be good to know these issues are being looked at as for me they are currently detracting from the game experience.

I'm glad you've been able to decipher my subtlety and English understatement.

FWIW this is the current scorecard at the end of day 1... on a medium pitch, with bounce lowered (and lowered still during the innings, currently 30 pitch bounce, 35 ball bounce). 2 guys have made battling 50s and yet extras still tops the scorecard... the partnership is 169 and they've scored 106 off the bat. I think being peeved is justified, no?
lPF9KGe.jpg

And use of the bowling all rounder...

OhyQueg.jpg

And what's most annoying is the bouncer/wides gets worse the longer the partnership is unbroken, as THE ONLY strategy this amazing new AI @mikeymerren was so proud of has is to try and bounce you out.

So since lowering the bounce doesn't work, it seems the only way to avoid this is to lose wickets frequently (which admittedly is not usually a problem for me).

What's your Min and Maximum Bowling Speed in your Custom Difficulty?

A friend of mine who is a software engineer is convinced that BA don't really understand the interrelated mechanics of the game. He has seen it before in projects that he has worked on. That's why patches fix one thing then screw up another.

It also raises the question of if anyone actually bothers to play test these patches before release. This is a great game but it still lacks polish five years after the first release.

yeah, no real progress in a lot of areas, and yet new versions keep coming out so rapidly, makes one wonder :facepalm

wouldn't surprise if this will be given up on soon and next version announced :rolleyes

yeah, no real progress in a lot of areas, and yet new versions keep coming out so rapidly, makes one wonder :facepalm

wouldn't surprise if this will be given up on soon and next version announced :rolleyes

If this happens in 2019, I'm sure I wont be the only one to turn my back on BA for good.

The game does not abide by the laws of cricket - DRS still lost on umpires call, cant take a run once the stumps have been broken, 'one for the over" being called to a spinner when the ball bounces barely waist high, incorrect run outs and stumping decisions ... Its just not cricket.

How have they not included a "move" option in the team selection screen by now? Moving a guy up the order means swapping him with every single twat who's above him in the line up. Why cant we drop him in and automatically shove the rest down.

Still no rematch option either? We play 5 or 10 over games (local offline) and have to go through the entire rigmarole if wishing to play again. I'm not asking for the cutscenes to be reloaded but a simple rematch option (with a choice as to who bats first) is expected for a 2019 sports game.

It's nice to see somebody who has a pair of bollocks on here so thanks @blockerdave

Reading all the issues @blockerdave is facing, I am happy that the switch version is behind and is absolutely perfect for a casual gamer like me. 1.08 is the version I am talking about, so 3 versions behind.

Well, no. Because you’re beating a dead horse.

I don’t necessarily agree with how he does it, but at least @blockerdave calls out actionable issues.
And is anyone paying attention to those actionable issues? , and if so would be nice if they acknowledged it , cause some of those issues have been around for while pre some of the recent updates.

Well I do hope the bouncer wide issue is being looked at and perhaps some modification on onside shot animation which at the moment is weird

Theres no flow of the bat. It just looks like the bat is just put in front of the ball. Im sure this has been brought up

Users who are viewing this thread