Cricket 19 General Discussion

D

Dutch

Me too was doing dome random shit search on Youtube and found one software so decided to give it a go.

P.S - Highly not recommend to use the above method only if you're stuck in a crisis like this and have no other option to play the game.[DOUBLEPOST=1586449150][/DOUBLEPOST]
Default steam software.
Cool. A solution at least. Stay safe

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm going to see how the AI reacts to a 100 over a side custom game... List A according to the match creator. Maybe they will dare push both triggers?

EDIT - They do. Tamim slaps one to deep cover in the first over who drops it...

Last edited:

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I'm going to see how the AI reacts to a 100 over a side custom game... List A according to the match creator. Maybe they will dare push both triggers?

EDIT - They do. Tamim slaps one to deep cover in the first over who drops it...

100% it’s the aggressive shots. You can’t chip one in the air with a normal default shot.

it’s like the catches I get in an ODI when the AI has a free hit. They hit a trigger shot and get caught.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
100% it’s the aggressive shots. You can’t chip one in the air with a normal default shot.

it’s like the catches I get in an ODI when the AI has a free hit. They hit a trigger shot and get caught.

So to solve ALL of this, we simply need to patch in that when a normal shot is miscued it can go aerial.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Bad shots seem to be punished with low power so they aren't going to get up or travel. Upping the bounce and reducing the friction certainly seemed to improve things in this regard.

Ball friction and ball bounce?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Ball friction and ball bounce?
Yep.

Particularly ball friction. I always assumed it was grip when interacting with the pitch or the bat but I would be interested to know if people feel it increase the speed through the air. I wasn't seeing floaty throws for one, might be a coincidence. I did have short cover roll the ball to the boundary for overthrows twice though.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Yep.

Particularly ball friction. I always assumed it was grip when interacting with the pitch or the bat but I would be interested to know if people feel it increase the speed through the air. I wasn't seeing floaty throws for one, might be a coincidence. I did have short cover roll the ball to the boundary for overthrows twice though.

Testing...

I think I'd be happy with the 100 overs a side idea. Feels slightly test-match ish, but provides for dismissals other than LBW, bowled and nicks.

dharish

School Cricketer
Hello All. Can anybody suggest the right sliders for a realistic AI and Human gameplay? I am currently Batting in Medium, AI in Veteran, Bowling in medium. I feel their bowling and setting fields is not challenging enough. But I dont want to change medium batting as I play in reverse, so need a bit of time to spot the circle. Kindly help. Thanks!

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Hello All. Can anybody suggest the right sliders for a realistic AI and Human gameplay? I am currently Batting in Medium, AI in Veteran, Bowling in medium. I feel their bowling and setting fields is not challenging enough. But I dont want to change medium batting as I play in reverse, so need a bit of time to spot the circle. Kindly help. Thanks!

Raise the bowling quality slider should improve their bowling.

Fielding settings, there isn't a lot you can do AFAIK

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Testing...

I think I'd be happy with the 100 overs a side idea. Feels slightly test-match ish, but provides for dismissals other than LBW, bowled and nicks.

How’s that going??!

I have to be honest and I have spent hours testing this game, I do find it crazy that even I still do not know what these sliders do haha!

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
How’s that going??!

I have to be honest and I have spent hours testing this game, I do find it crazy that even I still do not know what these sliders do haha!

Reasonable. Bangladesh were 100-4 (1 stupid runout) when I got bored and decided to go back to proper ODI testing. I am on all pro mode defaults except shot timing 30 and bowl quality 80.

So many sliders and combinations that no two of us are really playing the same game though. I think all I want to see now is a bit of mentality and tailenders not smashing 70 off 30 balls in the last ten overs (I think there are some overskilling issues with many people's uploaded teams), and I'll give up on test match and just watch ODI cricket. As much as I think BA have the test game done well, any form of the game where you can't stuff up a shot and get caught to me just isn't cricket

D

Dutch

The only way to test is minutely detailing the test criteria:

For example: how do default sliders work on x pitch with x mentality? Play 15 overs for each adjustment and detail the outcomes.

Then change one slider 5 points and do it all over again.

Unless it is done absolutely methodically there is no point.

I for one cannot be arsed after all the hours and hours and hours.

Users who are viewing this thread