Cricket 2004 bugs list

sorrydaijin

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have been playing aus vs ind and unsurprisingly, Khan bowled 10 overs on the trot. The real problem arrived when singh reached 10 overs. the pc decided that it only wanted to use those 2, so the game is stuck in limbo between over 26 and 27.
I went back to a saved game and autoplayed to get past it, but this just made khan bowl more and the same thing to happen when I tried normal play after 5 overs.
Some of the bugs are carryovers from c2002, and some are new, but in both cases, most could have been discovered in a week of testing... which obviously didn't happen.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
A new bug...
One of my fielder overthrew the ball for 4 extras and the the game hung after the ball crossed the boundary as the fielders were unable to pick it up...

scritty

School Cricketer
Originally posted by barmyarmy
A new bug...
One of my fielder overthrew the ball for 4 extras and the the game hung after the ball crossed the boundary as the fielders were unable to pick it up...

Ive had this. RB changes from "That'll be a single" to "Great shot" ???

Anyway, a workaround is to go into options and change the field settings, then go back into the game, it worked for me (just remember to put the field back again after)

Cheers

Clarker

Auwais

International Coach
I just knew the game would have a 'freeze' bug! In c2002 I got ambushed by it except it happened after loading a saved game. When you were batting and going to take the shot and the ball is mms from the bat the game froze.

Some minor consalation though.
The bug that made the field and wicket (some will remember this after I sent in a few screenshots of it in one of the online tournaments) go all black as if the light's went off after loading a saved game (note: the bug only lasted an over) has gone.

Well nobody's reported it so my theory is that it has gone.
Still, c2004 is 'bugs ahead' of c2002.

Sadistic_Shyte

Club Cricketer
I'm not sure if this has been posted yet or not, but it's about to be.

I was playing an ING Cup match as Victoria and Ian Harvey had hit back to back sixes -- the second of which however was caught by a fielder who was standing in between the rope and the advertising boardings. Initially the commentators announced it as out, but then the umpire raised his hands in the air to signal six instead and the commentators reacted accordingly. I thought it was pretty realistic and didn't think it was a glitch, only when it went to automatic replay my game froze. I had my game saved up to the previous over so I reset without concern, however my save file had been corrupted and I was unable to resume my game. It loaded the file fine and took me to the menu, but when I'd select 'RESUME' it wouldn't acknowledge it. This has since happened several times in ODI mode with different teams, though thankfully it has not corrupted my save file since the first occurance.

I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

Donners

School Cricketer
I'll throw up a number that don't seem to have been mentioned yet:

- The commentary is frequently incorrect, calling maiden overs ?very expensive?, using a dismissed batsman?s name instead of the bowler in ?X runs off that over from [player]?, incorrectly calling the number of runs scored off an over, being one behind on the over rate and so on. (It's also deathly dull - "That's a hat-trick for MacGill" is said with as much emotion as reading the score)

- Records from tour matches (ie. touring international side vs. local side) are incorrectly listed under Test (they are actually first class games). They also seem to get the opposition wrong ? eg a record I got for Australia vs. West Indies A was recorded as Australia vs. Australia.

- Form does not seem remotely linked to performance ? and I certainly hope this is a bug. On my first tour match in the West Indies, Kasprowicz took 2/21 and 7/34 while Gilchrist hit 81 and 34*. Kasprowicz?s bowling form bar was very small ? almost nonexistent. This made me think for a moment that perhaps a short bar represented good form (it doesn?t seem to be covered in the manual) until I noticed Gilchrist?s batting form meter was almost full. Since both players performed well in these areas, their form should be similarly good. Instead, they are at opposite ends of the spectrum, which makes no sense whatsoever. This seems to happen quite regularly, so I can only assume that a short bar represents good form for a bowler while a long one equals good form for a batsman. This seems very odd to me, but is the only way this makes sense.

- - Ricochets off the stumps at the bowler?s end from a batsman?s shot that go for boundaries are confused with overthrows. Hence, the batsman is credited with both the boundary and any runs made before it gets there.

- One quite rare (but rather annoying) bug ? occasionally when the ball reaches the boundary, the umpire will not signal four and instead the batsman can continue to run for around 30 seconds before the game moves on. I had thought this was limited to overthrows that went for four (this happened twice going for 6 and 7 runs ? though I think these amounts were correct as they had already run two and three respectively before the four overthrows) but later happened again after an edge to the boundary. On this occasion the CPU batsmen ran eight. It was a late cut through the slips off a spinner with the ?Standard 1? field. The ball seemed to stop short of the boundary, but the fielders ran off far to the left of it and never picked it up. The CPU batsmen ran eight and were starting their ninth before the game moved to the next ball.

- An innings which ends while using ?autoplay? will have an incorrect scorecard ? all 11 batsmen will be recorded as out, with often one batsmen listed as bowled or LBW without a bowler?s name. I believe this is the final batsman who was dismissed, while the remaining batsman will be listed as ?run out? rather than ?not out?.

- There are several players in the database with ?throwing? of 2%. Considering the lowest scores tend to be above 45% (McGrath?s batting is in the 50% range IIRC), this seems to be quite an error.

- Right-armed CPU bowlers only seem to go around the wicket to left-handed batsmen for one ball ? the first of the over ? before switching back to over the wicket. It seems to me that there was an attempt to replicate the real-life strategy of a bowler going around the wicket to an opposite-handed batsman, but it appears to be flawed since it only lasts for one delivery, which surely was not the intention.

And some gameplay issues as if the bugs weren't enough:
- Spinners are grossly overpowered. Put a bunch of people around the bat and force the batsmen into defensive strokes, and all too often they?ll just lob up for a simple catch.

- Several game modes (eg foreign tours) do not make available statistics of your players? performance. The most you can get is the scorecard of the last match. So unless you are willing to record all the data yourself, you have no idea how your players are going. The form meters are buggy, so they are of no help.

I e-mailed these to EA's tech support and was told to update my video and sound drivers...

voy1d

School Cricketer
Hey guys,

I've been doing some extensive testing and I've come to the following conclusions regarding 2 of the bugs listed here.

Rain
If it starts to rain, then 95% of the time it will rain out the day, and there is a 90% chance that it will hang. IE: It will never stop raining, so thus the game forces to be abandoned.
However this is where it gets interesting. This only happens when the user is batting.
When it rains and the computer is batting it will stop or rain out the day, and allow you to continue.

(These are just experiences I've had)

Batting Lineups

I believe this has been answered in other threads, but this bug only seems to rare its ugly head when the game is saved then resumed. However it is a rather large problem. With the preferred batting lineup has anyone had an injury to a computer player that is in the starting XI and what does the computer do?

Cheers,

voy1d

voy1d

School Cricketer
Hey and I just found another bug.

When the user bats, and defends the ball, nothing happens with the confidence meter. However when the AI bats and defends the ball, the confidence meter goes up, i will get a screenshot for you guys if you want.

voy1d

School Cricketer
And another!

Computer edged the delivery through a hole in my slips cordon, then ran, the ball stopped just inside the boundary, however when my fieldsman picked up the ball he stepped over the rope, Richie Benaud went on to rave about the boundary and how it was a excellently timed shot. My fielder throws the ball in, and effects a run out. and the batsman who edged the ball, is out. no runs are added to the total. and he's a duck. so at the moment i have pakistan 2 wickets for 0 runs.

voy1d

School Cricketer
Further to the batting lineup bug which i've managed to isolate is if the AI selects a different lineup, and you do as well, you save the game and come back, your lineup is back to the default, however the computers is the same as they selected at the beginning. This is beginning to get stupid, as I delve into this more.

sorrydaijin

Club Captain
Originally posted by Donners

I e-mailed these to EA's tech support and was told to update my video and sound drivers...

Classic! The sad thing is that its probably more customer support than anyone else is getting.

boo

School Cricketer
Will have to agree with the batsman confidence meter thing. The AI batsman seems to be able to gain confidence just by leaving a ball. It means I have to start bowling bouncers and hit them in the head to bring their confidence back down a bit. Very annoying.

Also, the custom field setting won't let me set more than two players behind square leg. Is this a real cricket rule or is it a bug??

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Originally posted by boo
Also, the custom field setting won't let me set more than two players behind square leg. Is this a real cricket rule or is it a bug??

No that it a real cricket rule

Users who are viewing this thread