Cricket 2004 bugs list

bomber

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Originally posted by Radaga
Bomber, some names are spelt wrong because they have had to shorten them to fit them in.

I don't know wether this is a bug or not, but the keeper seems to let through about 40 byes per game?
Human and CPU

I know what you mean how some of the names are shorter up in the top corner of the screen. But if you go into the scorecard option during a match Gillespie is spelt "Gillspie" Everybody else's names are fine.:)

crick4life

International Cricketer
Infamous fielder on the pitch bug

KMK here you go, I got the screenshot of the bug you mentioned. This is hilarious. :D

Attachments

• fielder in the centre of the pitch bug.jpg
    fielder in the centre of the pitch bug.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 537

crick4life

International Cricketer
Another screenshot of the same bug

As mentioned above.

Attachments

• fielder in the centre of the pitch bug 1.jpg
    fielder in the centre of the pitch bug 1.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 496

crick4life

International Cricketer
Opening bowler bug

Mcgrath keeps going in the 1st Test even after conceding 5 R/O for 10 full overs.

Attachments

• nonstop bowling by mcgrath in tests.jpg
    nonstop bowling by mcgrath in tests.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 488

crick4life

International Cricketer
Names are all wrong for Wagon wheel

Names are all wrong for Wagon wheel, Gangooly hadnt batted by then. Kaif's not even in the team first off.

Attachments

• wagon wheel for gangooly for not batting.jpg
    wagon wheel for gangooly for not batting.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 458

crick4life

International Cricketer
The original team

Notice the high amount of byes. All of the screen shots are from the game played at "HARD" mode.

Attachments

• scorecard after 16 overs notice the byes.jpg
    scorecard after 16 overs notice the byes.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 448

sonic

Club Cricketer
interesting though, i'm assuming you were playing a one day match, where of course byes do tend to be at a premium in real life - more byes go thru than anything else so you could say its quite realistic, cricket 2002 gave away very little extras, but perhaps in trying to improve on this EA have now gone the other way?

crick4life

International Cricketer
Originally posted by sonic
interesting though, i'm assuming you were playing a one day match, where of course byes do tend to be at a premium in real life - more byes go thru than anything else so you could say its quite realistic, cricket 2002 gave away very little extras, but perhaps in trying to improve on this EA have now gone the other way?

Sonic, this was from a test match. Again I have to confess these were from my first test match on a hard pitch and if the byes are coming at 20 runs for an average of 100 runs of team total, its just too much. The keepers stop those wide either side of the stumps quite well; its only those that go over the head are left to go by. I feel this isnt a major issue, Zimrahil can fix it by reducing the bounce on hard pitches.

sonic

Club Cricketer
i cant believe what im hearing, i was looking forward to the game arriving next tuesday, not sure now...20 extras then from 16 overs in a test match? thats rediculous! considering if you batted 80 overs, then the law of averages suggests an average of 100 extras per innings! crazy! hope you guys can patch it up good :P

crick4life

International Cricketer
Originally posted by sonic
i cant believe what im hearing, i was looking forward to the game arriving next tuesday, not sure now...20 extras then from 16 overs in a test match? thats rediculous! considering if you batted 80 overs, then the law of averages suggests an average of 100 extras per innings! crazy! hope you guys can patch it up good :P

Graphics and run outs apart this game does have potential Sonic. A little more effort could have made this game pretty good. If they were to iron out those useless runouts and a little more smarter CPU batting can make this game pretty good. I am pinning my hopes on modders although I am not sure how we can get the run outs sorted. One way to do it though is not have midoff or mid on fielders, maybe have a longoff and a longon. the runouts only occur when they try to steal a single from these two fielders. It may pay well for me also to play as any other team than NZ, who knows it might only be happenning due to kiwi team's fielding standards. The CPU leaves or defends some good balls quite regularly in a ODI which is pretty good. All said and done its a good game to have as far as few issues can be ironed out.

mani_gamer

Club Cricketer
Ravi i heard on th other forums
that if u select the default fields the run outs are less
have u chosen ur own field??????
If yes i think that might b the reason
I havent still got the game so its just a guess!!!
try it

Nauman

php monkey
I got 8 or 10 English batsmen runout using a custom field, didnt happen that with default ones, anyways i have quit playing against computer now i play two player :D

crick4life

International Cricketer
Originally posted by Scribbller
I got 8 or 10 English batsmen runout using a custom field, didnt happen that with default ones, anyways i have quit playing against computer now i play two player :D

Are you sure it didnt with the default fields, Australia had 4 runouts even when I employed default fields.

Mani, default fields doesnt ensure less runouts. CPU ran out 3 times in my first game and in the next one the first wicket to fall was for a run out. See below.

How hard are others who have C2K4 finding bowling, if you ask me only Australia is capable of scoring more than 50 runs if you bowl line and length stuff.

Attachments

• aus all out for 83.jpg
    aus all out for 83.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 422

Users who are viewing this thread