Cricket 2004 News and Info

I hope this game will be a mammoth improvement over Cricket 2002 and we will like it and there will be very few bugs in it.As far as it,s comparison with Fifa is concerned ,the people who will do it will certainly dissapointed because of their demand and efforts behind it.You can hope that in forseeable future Cricket game will also acheive this level.

The best approach for Cricket2004 is "Hope for best and preapare for worst'

Originally posted by umosay@Dec 5 2003, 05:05 AM
you can only play five different shots (forward, off-side, on-side, back-foot off-side and back-foot on-side)
this guy sounds like bit of an idiot...i never knew there was a six type of shot in cricket...what is it...no foot work off...

Hey
me hopes that in the new game, that there is auto play cause a lot of the time i cant be bothered bowling, but hopefully, wen i autoplay, cause i'm an Aussie, that Waugh and Ponting dont bowl 10. I want Gillespie and McGill to bowl heaps, but the computer bowls steve waugh! its silly!

good news...

in a Harvey Norman catalogue that arrived today it had Cricket 2k4 and said it will be instore December 11.

hopefully this means it will not be delayed

the price was also $67.95!!!

I pre-ordered my copy from EB & they seem to reckon its out on the 11th , however when I spoke to Andrew Wilson (I did the interview & preview for CW) he said it will be out on the 17th :unsure:

Original release date was today :mellow:

Hi,
David, it's true that Andew wilson told you that the actual release date of Cricket 2004 is 17th december,but he also says that it may be earlier as when the stores get their copies of cricket 2004. here is what andew says :

CW: Several sources have quoted December 11 as the official release date in New Zealand, is their a definate release date set for Australia or the United Kingdom as yet?

AW: The date as far as I know (for NZ & AUS) is Dec 17, however, it comes down to when the shops get it on the shelves. The UK will not ship until the new year.

BABAI :)

Yeah i think its becoming more clear now that the game will probably release without an official site, EA will put the site up after release probably. I had another reply to one of my many e-mails that ive sent to EA and the EA rep said
'release date for this EA sports title is still most certainly post christmas for the southern hemisphere, due to complications the UK release is uncertain for now and will not be before Febuary 2004'

I think we may get a shock with this game guys, i think it may just appear on shelves in gaming shops without any info from EA.

Well i do remember the anticipation for c2k2...the website was up for AGGGGESSSS....

better this way i think although the TOTAL lack of news is a little unsettling :wacko:

PS Ashley Giles should be kept in a box only for use in India,Pakistan,Sri Lanka and Bangladesh(except when he plays for the mighty Bears ;D: )

At least EA could have distributed a demo to gaming sites for downloads.
That helps us to assess whether to buy the game or just keep playing CKT2002 with the lovely gameplay patches that u guys make. :rolleyes:

STEN
(India's rocking in Aus)

Originally posted by 0601731@Dec 7 2003, 10:09 PM
i hope c2004 will be a must buy.
I hope its not like RUGBY 2004
in which people had interest only b4 release
after release no one cared abt it

I dont know why EA havent put up their site up yet

Remember, you are talking about EA.

They should have put up the site, if not the demo, then some screenshots would be nice enough to make up my mind. But I dont think they've got a lot of interest in Cricket gaming. What they care about( IMO )is FIFA. I still doubt that EA will release it on 17th. ??? But its just me.

We'll have to wait and see if they actually release a demo before the release of the game or they make for the early releasing of C2k2 ??

Originally posted by umosay@Dec 7 2003, 09:24 AM
I'm definatley trying before i buy, a demo would be nice :D
hey is this umosay that was on the rugby forum.

if it is whats up with the rugbyforum.com man, im missin it man, i had to go to the soccer forum for christ sake. :sorry:

Users who are viewing this thread