Cricket 2004 News and Info

Umm, when is the game expected to come out? - At a few sites it says 7th Dec, but its the 8th today and the person at Games Wizards said they are expecting it 'later this month'.

Also, I saw that the box says "Licensed for SA, NZ, Aus, and Eng teams". Does this mean they have licenses for the domestic competitions, or does it mean these are the only international teams available and you have to create the other teams?

I hope u understand my question - sorry if its already been asked, but i couldnt find it anywhere...

Harvey Norman says that it will be released on the 11th

If it is licenced it means they have permission to use the kits, logos, etc.

in that preview it says nz have 60 players in the game, but no domestic teams so thats good

There are domestic teams...but just no NZ ones....

I wonder if theres NZ "A" or a president`s XI in the tour mode though

That preview certainly gets the mouth watering! At least now it seems we have to preserve our wickets in order to ensure a huge total unlike in 2002. I can't wait to play out 4 years of cricket touring etc. Is there any word on a demo or website; it is really hard to come by information now!

Yeah it is really hard to come by new informationa and screnshots...

anyone know the development team ???

;D:

Just read 'a not so encouraging preview' in the Cricket 2004 section and I have to admit it's filled me with dread. I really hope the game has improved, but I get the impression that the reviewer has hit the nail on the head. Flashy backdrops and hundreds of stadia is all well and good, but if the gameplay is rubbish it will be a big disappointment. I hope I'm wrong, but I feel I've made a mistake in pre-ordering. From the review, the gameplay and shot selection seems like it hasn't been improved on and it may even be worse. Fingers crossed though.

On the cricket2002.tk homepage, under cricket 2004 section, it has a preview of the game from someone.

dun wry mate, chk out the preview at gameplanet. these guys hv played an updated version of c2k4 whereas the nerd at videogames.nz tested an alpha version. and that was a whoppin 6 mnths ago (ea 3 play). keep cool...this is the game we've all been waitin for!

I have to say we cant be anything but encouraged by this review, the fact that tours are included and warm up matches on the tours mean that all the countries have to have a bigger pool of players rather than the 20 odd in international squads. You cant have most of the test team playing for a presidents xi for example.

This has got me really excited as there might not be any need for commentary editing etc if a new player makes his debut as there should be files already if he is one of these larger player pools (especially English and Aussie players).

Also the fact that all players have strengths and weaknesses is going to be a gem, now Glenn McGrath wont be able to hit a bull on the woof! with a banjo rather than smashing sixes at number 11.

If this review is accurate then I think we could be in for an absolute cracker of a game, fair enough the graphics wont be Madden or Fifa but if the gameplay compliments these new features I dont think we can go wrong.

Just hope its out before xmas although I wont get then as I am stuck in freezing old Edinburgh!!!

It does neo...

As long as EA get the final little details right....

like a website,publicity and firm release dates :devilish:

i think the game would improve 100% if they could get Hawkeye and Snickometer into the game perhaps in the next release, that would be brilliant, what do u guys think?

Users who are viewing this thread