Cricket 2004 News and Info

I would also like to add that you can lead a cow upstairs but not down. and starfish have no brains. and koala bears have fingerprints so similar to humans that they could be mistaken at the scene of a crime. and montana mountain goats sometimes butt heads so hard that their hooves fall off. and stroking a spider can cause it to go bald. and polar bears will cover their black noses during a hunt to improve their camoflage. bollocks, wrong meeting! oops

Originally posted by lazy_chesnut@Dec 13 2003, 11:56 AM
I would also like to add that you can lead a cow upstairs but not down. and starfish have no brains. and koala bears have fingerprints so similar to humans that they could be mistaken at the scene of a crime. and montana mountain goats sometimes butt heads so hard that their hooves fall off. and stroking a spider can cause it to go bald. and polar bears will cover their black noses during a hunt to improve their camoflage. bollocks, wrong meeting! oops
What are you trying to say?? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

I'm not really trying to say anything - I'm just drunk and babbling absolute rubbish. That's all.

hello
very pleased to say that I have Cricket 2004, got it today from EB for 99.95 but i am pretty disappointed
the graphics are pretty strange, and personally i prefer Cricket 2002s, because the bowlers have the rong numbers and they look very big when they run in. The confidence meter, dunno what the hype is about, doesnt excite me that much, for my game, McGrath still got one of the highest scores, though he missed a lot of balls. Controls, bowling is easy as, way easier than 2002, bit confusing though, cause as you start to roll your arm you gotta click and the running bolwing actions look strange.
replays are also very strange to watch cause often you see the ball just stop mid air during a delivery and then go again and you get replays of fours every ball but you look at the crowd and its all one big bad looking blur. Nothing special there.

the stadiums, yes look very good and the whole presentation and menus are wonderfully better than Cricket 2002.
Now i'm a huge cricket fan and i had my money saved up for this for ages, but I must so not completely happy.
Funny to see though, there are so many teams on offer. Including like Prime Ministers XI and Canada and everyone. Happy bout that, and all the Australia Domestic teams like the Speed Blitz Blues and the rest all have their logos and stuff.

Batting is annoying, the controls are exactly the same but the timing is pretty annoying. Its suicidal to sweep and yorker in this game and the no yorker thing every ball that was mentioned in the interview has not to be found as my friend bowled yorkers every ball.

All the characters are there, and it seemed very strange with slips and keeper wearing huge black glasses. Seemed weird!

The Team Management was cool, making players, theres like 7 pages i tihnk to go through, time consuming, but you have to delete players to do that. You cant just make a new team,name it whatever, you gotta delete players and teams. Looks like bye bye Prime Ministers XI or something. Or any team thats colours look like my cricket team.

Its good though, having all the new options, tours etc, so many options. ING Cup, County Cup and Pura Cup. Has all the A sides and strange unknowns before now teams, as well as All Star.

Well i give the game 6/10 cause its still pretty impressive, and if you dont already have a cricket game, then get it, but if you already hav 2002, 99.95 is a lot to play to get a game, that although has alot more options, plays a bit worse than 2002.

Sorry to put it down, i'm still gonna play it forever, just a bit annoyed with it but!

yeah i dunno, its good but not as great as I expected, I'd be happy if it was just 2002 with all the new stuff thrown in, its only really the new graphics, it seems too close for me, and the batting is a bit frustrating! thats all besides that Its great, just frustrating, or maybe thats cause my friend bolwed yorkers every ball!

still i got it and will play it forever, maybe not against my friend though, also i need a memory card! otherwise its pointless

Heyy...
for all of the cricket freaks in pakistan .... the game is shipping today... hurrahh... i 'll post a review... and it won't be a negative one... i think... or i hope.
Wasif

haha you dont have to listen to wat i said, i'll say it now, the game is great, positive, i just foiund batting very frustrating cause the timing is hard to get going!
haha plus the bowling actions were funny lookin

all the added new stuff and create players is cool but annoying how you gotta do it, such as deleteing real players for your players

Originally posted by rasso@Dec 13 2003, 01:33 PM
hello
very pleased to say that I have Cricket 2004, got it today from EB for 99.95 but i am pretty disappointed
the graphics are pretty strange, and personally i prefer Cricket 2002s, because the bowlers have the rong numbers and they look very big when they run in. The confidence meter, dunno what the hype is about, doesnt excite me that much, for my game, McGrath still got one of the highest scores, though he missed a lot of balls. Controls, bowling is easy as, way easier than 2002, bit confusing though, cause as you start to roll your arm you gotta click and the running bolwing actions look strange.
replays are also very strange to watch cause often you see the ball just stop mid air during a delivery and then go again and you get replays of fours every ball but you look at the crowd and its all one big bad looking blur. Nothing special there.

the stadiums, yes look very good and the whole presentation and menus are wonderfully better than Cricket 2002.
Now i'm a huge cricket fan and i had my money saved up for this for ages, but I must so not completely happy.
Funny to see though, there are so many teams on offer. Including like Prime Ministers XI and Canada and everyone. Happy bout that, and all the Australia Domestic teams like the Speed Blitz Blues and the rest all have their logos and stuff.

Batting is annoying, the controls are exactly the same but the timing is pretty annoying. Its suicidal to sweep and yorker in this game and the no yorker thing every ball that was mentioned in the interview has not to be found as my friend bowled yorkers every ball.

All the characters are there, and it seemed very strange with slips and keeper wearing huge black glasses. Seemed weird!

The Team Management was cool, making players, theres like 7 pages i tihnk to go through, time consuming, but you have to delete players to do that. You cant just make a new team,name it whatever, you gotta delete players and teams. Looks like bye bye Prime Ministers XI or something. Or any team thats colours look like my cricket team.

Its good though, having all the new options, tours etc, so many options. ING Cup, County Cup and Pura Cup. Has all the A sides and strange unknowns before now teams, as well as All Star.

Well i give the game 6/10 cause its still pretty impressive, and if you dont already have a cricket game, then get it, but if you already hav 2002, 99.95 is a lot to play to get a game, that although has alot more options, plays a bit worse than 2002.

Sorry to put it down, i'm still gonna play it forever, just a bit annoyed with it but!
most things happening there sound exactly like rugby 2004, not surprised since they have the same makers.

Why is it the games we wont the most get the most useless #*^%@ making it.

POST EDITED BY JACKO
WATCH THAT LANGUAGE!

Does anyone have screenshots yet????

Although i`d struggle to tear myself away from the game for a few days ;D:

PS Is the season thing there? Although it looks like there`s enough tournaments to satisfy anyone.

who cares bout the screenshots just wainting top get my hands on the real thing

Well i`m in England so i`ll be waiting `till February to get it :angry:

So i`ll be wanting some more information

Users who are viewing this thread