Cricket 2004 News and Info

Its the middle of the night in Oz now so hopefully we should have some reviews in four or five hours time!!!

Hi Boooo...

I have made a consolidated list of Questions. Please answer them :

Do the seasons have predetermined maches as in ICC series or we can create/modify the season to tour to other countries of our choice and decide upon number/type of matches to be played.

Also, could you share more views on Confidence meter for batsman/bowlers.
Like if a bowler bowls a jaffer, his confidence should increase, but after one boundary it should go down.
Similar for batsman, does the confidence carry from one match to another.

Also, how much is the player resemblance... i.e. Can someone make out from the face or physic of the player that he is Tendulkar or Ganguly.
(More on editor feature please????)

Do all the fast/swing/spin bowlers have still the same action??
Also, how does different weather conditions effect the bowler.
Does the bowl swing more in overcast than under bright sunny conditions.
What is maximum speed a bowler can bowl (is it 100 mph +)

Can we create our own team???

Finally how do you rate CK2004 against CK2002????
Also feel free to add your reviews (positive or NEGATIVE) regarding the game

Hope this will answer most of our Q's

Enjoi.......

Here is my review so far.
The game is very similar to Rugby 2004 in regards to creating players and adding them to the database.If you create a player you can only add him to his own nation i.e Australia - England - India etc.. but also you can add him to any county or state side.Amazingly there is no Shane Warne in the game.He doesnt even play for Victoria.The game modes are incredable.These include - Ashes tour Australia - Ashes Tour England - Long Tour Australia - Short Tour Australia - Long Tour England - Short Tour England - Subcontinent Tour - Carbbean Tour - New Zealand and Zimbabwe Tour - South African Tour - One Day Cricket Tour as well as Test Series - World Cup - World series - Knockout - Australian State - English County.All these modes include a full calender and it will take you for ever to complete it. You start a tour by playing either state teams - county teams - PM's XI - Minister XI or other sides including Australia A - New Zealand A etc.. Even if you tour New Zealand you play Canterbury and N.Districts from there. You get to select your squad from about 50 odd players and players can get injured on tour.
Gameplay has improved with fast bowlers swinging the ball heaps. You play and miss alot and I've been caught behind with little nicks which looks and feels real. The shots available have changed and gets alot of getting used to. On a hard Pitch it is hard to Cut the ball because it bounces to high. The run help icon has changed as well and is quite difficult.
Everything has been included in 2004 but i am yet to have a bowler bowl a no ball against me.They bowl plenty of wides though.The confidence meter could be better.It goes up when you hit a boundry but if you dont score one for a while it goes down.One batsmen i had scored 60 runs with meter at about half then i scored another 20 runs in ones and twos and meter came down to about a 1/4.I thought it might stay up if you faced about 80 plus balls but it doesnt.
Great game and amust have.Beats 2002 hands down.

Thank you emo! The game modes are great!!! So many tournaments! :cheer:

Originally posted by booo@Dec 12 2003, 10:21 AM
one thing that i noticed was throws from the outfield dont always make it to the keeper on the full
glad to see this, i know we are playing as professional cricketers but no one is accurate or strong enough to ball in the keepers gloves from anywhere on the ground.

does the keeper missfield occasionally? like not taking catches cleanly?

cheers mate - its much appreciated, if i had the game in my hands (or in my ps2) i doubt very much i could drag my self away from it to review it! so cheers for that.

Ive ordered my copy from dvdcrave this evening a few hours back and it should arive in the UK in around a weeks time probably next Friday or Monday after, at the moment my order is being checked for security reasons etc and it says as its my first order with them it says i will be required to confirm that the credit card being used is valid etc, etc...... so it will probably be another 24 hours before the order is away and i can start tracking it.

If anyone else ordered from dvdcrave and you are from the UK - what method do they use to identify weather your card is valid? mine is a VISA so its fine for use ( as dvdcrave accepts mastercard and VISA ) ive ordered internationally with it before so i dont see why they just cant get on with my order!! i guess im just getting a little to impatient for the game - cant wait after hearing emos review;)

i know its probably annoying the happy thoughts out of people, but could someone with a pc cd version possibly upload a few screenshots so we can see the changes between the alpha coded graphics and final product?

For all those Melbourne ppl on here. I know for a fact that the shop on the bottom level of highpoint sells the game and have it in stock because i bought it yesterday.

Guys- one awesome point i love is when a batsman is bowled he turns to his stumps to look at the carnage. And facing guys like Gillespie and Jo Angel already, actually feel like your facing them especially when the run into bowl. Some deliveries have beaten me which i love, the cut back of a green top, and at the SCG stuart macgill turns it a mile. All reports are good so far. You can't bowl yorkers as easily which is great and it's much more challenging to bat. I'm hooked already.Great game not the best but its a lot better than 2002.

Awesome Stuff guys!!

1 question? did they add the new pakistan team????

can any 1 tell me cricket 2004 releasing date in pakistan ?

And who is the fastest and difficult bowler in the game?can shoaib akhtar bowled a 100mph?and wat abt reverse swing???

Users who are viewing this thread